Post-Mania RAW Discussion thread

IANdrewDiceClay

Does anyone think they might be trying to turn Miz?

Well, he's run out of top level faces to feud with on Raw now for the title (which, to be honest, says a lot about how many credible challengers there actually are), so I guess it will depend on what happens with regards to a draft

Not sure how he would fare as a face, but if you did turn him then you instantly have CM Punk to work with which could be a pretty decent programme

Although it wouldn't crash and burn as badly as the first time he played a face, I think it would be daft to try and turn Miz at this point. His heel character works so well because he's a loud, cocky little prick who you sense isn't all that likable in real life, and, like the classic chickenshit heel, most of the audience probably feel like they'd have a decent chance of kicking his arse in a fight. Those assets would become a hindrance as a face, and he's not really at that point that Rock or Batista or even Orton were at, in terms of having such positive reactions that it gives them no choice but to turn him.

Besides, they generally stop paying too much attention to the official rosters between about now and the draft, anyway. If they want to give him a few months working with Edge, Mysterio or even Big Show, they can do.

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

i thought the Rock/Cena thing was great up until the rock mentioned 'Wrestlemania 28', then it just fell flat....everyone wanted it last night, it was a like massive tease with no payoff.

Sin Cara was about an inch away from completely ballsing up his debut, other than the little mishap it was awesome.

i thought the Rock/Cena thing was great up until the rock mentioned 'Wrestlemania 28', then it just fell flat....everyone wanted it last night, it was a like massive tease with no payoff.

:rolleyes: Yeah because it's would be a good business decision to give Cena vs Rock, currently the most anticipated match, away for free on television without a hyped announcement instead of making money from it on ppv...

Look how great it turned out for WCW when they decided to give away the Title Match between Hogan and Goldberg away for free on Nitro...

I don't really know how to react to The Rock vs. Cena at Wrestlemania 28, it just seems so far away, loads of things will happen in that space of time and by making that match official now they have limited what Cena and The Rock can do this year. Fair enough, The Rock probably wouldn't be appearing for every single show now anyway and will probably be back to one off appearences but Cena can't really compete in the Royal Rumble or the Elimination Chamber and if he is Champion we will know whoever wins the Rumble will be going for the other Title. If Cena does win the Rumble that would just mess up the build up to Wrestlemania as they'd have to sort out how he would have his Title shot and face The Rock, maybe have him do both even.

Don't see why it neccessarily precludes Cena having a title shot/entering the Rumble/whatever. Theoretically he could still do these things and face the Rock. Remember WM 10? Bret Vs Owen, then going on to face Yokozuna. The whys and wherefores of how they could work a similar thing inot next year's Mania are open to debate, but they could do it. Heck, they could even rehash the finish of that year's Rumble. Been long enough since they did it first!

Yeah I suppose that's fair enough but if I were booking it I wouldn't want Cena wrestling two matches at Wrestlemania as I'd want his match against The Rock to be the absolute highlight, with both men walking into it fresh. If Cena had already wrestled earlier on it wouldn't feel as special. The same could even be said if he wrestled The Rock before having the Title match, if he beat him then he'd be going into it all high and so on but if he had lost he'd be going in with the feel of defeat already and either way win or loss against The Rock he'd be going into another match and it'd sort of make the Cena vs. Rock match feel a lot less special than it should be as it wouldn't be the main event, even though it should and I thought having both men worn out and unable to wrestle another match that night would make it seem as though they'd put their all into that one.

If it went Cena vs. Rock, Cena wins and then he goes on to face someone for the Title later it'd make The Rock seem a pushover and then if Cena won the Title match too a lot of fans would moan about "Super Cena" and say by beating The Rock and then his later opponent it just makes it look as though he's made both of them look bad and it's all about him. If Cena lost the Title match the fact he beat The Rock wouldn't count as much as his loss to his opponent for the Title would be the last image of the night.

If it went Cena vs. Rock, Cena loses then he would just go into the Title match as the guy who just lost to The Rock earlier on in the night.

If it had him lose the Title match and then go on to face The Rock he'd be entering the match already having lost earlier in the night, not fully fresh against a fully fresh Rock, so in theory Rock should win or else it'd make him look absolutely terrible losing to someone who already wrestled and lost that night whilst he entered fresh.

If it had him win the Title match and then face The Rock it's pretty similar to above, he should lose to The Rock as he is not fully fresh whereas The Rock is, then if he did win a lot of fans would moan about "Super Cena" and say that The Rock now looks terrible because he couldn't beat a guy who had already wrestled a high profile match that night.

As for the Bret vs. Owen and then Bret vs. Yokozuna rehash I don't think it's really the same as this. The Rock vs. Cena has been announced a year before the actual event and will be the biggest highlight of the night and is pretty much getting a year to build it up, it should be the biggest match ov the night with both men going in fresh and giving their all. If Cena knew he was wrestling for the Title later that night it'd mean he wouldn't give as much as he'd have that to think about too and prepare for, all preparation and work should go into this match with both mean wanting to beat the other, with no thoughts about anything else or having to get ready for any other matches that night.

That is just my opinion of course and everybody is entitled to their own btu for me Cena and Rock should only appear in that match that night as it is supposed to be the biggest match of the night, or else it wouldn't have been announced this early.

I think ebb means last night as in WM, not RAW, which is why the fans booed, I mean really what other reaction would fans who just watched WM27 to see Cena/Rock square off, only to hear that the match was happening a year from now and not in there city, "yeah! whoooo!" no I dont think so.

Also it seems WWE want to really keep Cena face for many years yet, you could see the bro-romance going on between him and The Rock already, they want Rock to endorse Cena so everyone will cheer him, but thats never going to happen, this wont be Hogan/Rock, people will carry on booing Cena no matter what the Rock says or does.

• Paid Members

Sin Cara was about an inch away from completely ballsing up his debut, other than the little mishap it was awesome.

Not seen it yet, what happened?

Does anyone think they might be trying to turn Miz?

Well, he's run out of top level faces to feud with on Raw now for the title (which, to be honest, says a lot about how many credible challengers there actually are), so I guess it will depend on what happens with regards to a draft

Not sure how he would fare as a face, but if you did turn him then you instantly have CM Punk to work with which could be a pretty decent programme

Although it wouldn't crash and burn as badly as the first time he played a face, I think it would be daft to try and turn Miz at this point. His heel character works so well because he's a loud, cocky little prick who you sense isn't all that likable in real life, and, like the classic chickenshit heel, most of the audience probably feel like they'd have a decent chance of kicking his arse in a fight. Those assets would become a hindrance as a face, and he's not really at that point that Rock or Batista or even Orton were at, in terms of having such positive reactions that it gives them no choice but to turn him.

Besides, they generally stop paying too much attention to the official rosters between about now and the draft, anyway. If they want to give him a few months working with Edge, Mysterio or even Big Show, they can do.

Yeah, I do happen to agree. Without a total character overhaul he would be pretty shit as a face as all his best attributes and what he carries out so well are very heelish. If they do happen to ignore the brand split then I'd be interested to see him working with Edge and Mysterio. Big Show on the other hand I think would be as dull as anything. All it goes to show though is that the brand split really doesn't work, and that the number of top-level faces they have is extremely worrying, especially after not pulling the trigger on Kingston and so far having failed to do so with Morrison

As long as a Miz-Orton feud is not done again (which, thankfully based on the evidence it looks like he will be tied up with Punk for at least the next month) then I'll be happy. I'd rather listen to Ed Milliband recite his life story than be put through that

• Paid Members

:rolleyes: Yeah because it's would be a good business decision to give Cena vs Rock, currently the most anticipated match, away for free on television without a hyped announcement instead of making money from it on ppv...

Look how great it turned out for WCW when they decided to give away the Title Match between Hogan and Goldberg away for free on Nitro...

i meant on Mania or Raw...i wasn't necesarrily saying they should have wrestling last night, i just mean that crowd was f'n pumped during that segment, and mentioned wrestlemania 28 just seemed to suck the life out of it, it was kind of 'seriously?' reaction. I'm sure that come next april people will be shitting a brick for it, but as of last night it just felt so anti-climatic cause everyone knows the Rock is gonna disappear for 11 months.

• Paid Members

...it also seemed like Mania didn't really tie up anything? basically everything that happened on Mania continued last night, i know it's not rule that stuff ends at Mania, but is there a better stage on which to end a feud?

With the announcement of Rock vs Cena I think it's important that they give Cena a constructive year and a bit of time off before the big match. I'd like to see Cena tangle with Dolph Ziggler, Cody Rhodes and Mysterio in a face respect feud just for something different over the year ahead up until Survivor Series. Then give Cena some time off and start running vignettes after the Rumble to hype the shit out of Rock/Cena.

What last night's Raw shown me for the rest of the roster though is that there simply needs to be more in ring action. Cody/Punk vs Mysterio/Orton entertained the hell out of me. I'm finally enjoying Cody Rhodes' performances and the match was a great TV match. Sin Cara is an exciting prospect and I'm in the same boat as a lot of the casuals as I've never seen him compete so after last night I'm itching to see what he can do. Del Rio was fuming, I hope he can win the championship at any cost and get some retribution from Edge. A lot of good guys on the roster at the mo, hope they have time to shine.

Think it's really shitty the way WWE treat JR. The moment would have been just as villanous had Cole sprayed the sauce on his shirt and blazer, no need to squirt it in his face (oo-er!) I can just imagine Vince, Trips and the lads chuckling away in the back whenever they embarrass the poor bloke. It happens any time he's on telly now.

Was it just me or did the crowd shit all over Sin Cara and the idea of Rock vs Cena at WM28? Sin Cara looked like a skinny bloke with a mask, a parody of a wrestler they use in the mainstream. I thought if he runs down to that ring (he nearly fucked himself jumping over the rope too) Sheamus will annihilate him.

The Rock continually looks like a pussy in his fued with the Rock. Cena keeps saying the time for talkings over, yet the Rock's either on satellite miles away/stands thinking of something to say not to make himself look like a pussy/continues talking. It's like a bloke starting on me in a pub and me saying "Aye, I'll fight you...next year!" My Dad walks out the room during there conversations saying "Ooh, there gonna talk each other to death!"

• Paid Members

I don't understand the mindset behind this whole "WWE treat JR like shit" thing; considering how long he's been there, the position he's in, the presence he has, and so on, it's clear as crystal to me that he doesn't do anything he doesn't want to do. If there's a "humiliation", who's to say JR isn't doing it for shits and giggles himself?

Archived