Post-Mania RAW Discussion thread

IANdrewDiceClay

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

The Cena being so blase about the WWE title and other matters thing is certainly counter-productive. It comes across to me and has done for a while that it's like he knows he's the main man in WWE and it's all about him, so he's not so fussed about the title. Which is a shame because he used to do a good job of making it seem really important. But the far too often title switches, the having two top titles, having the belt put back on Cena with barely any kind of chase (Edge, Batista) have all been contributing factors to, over time, the WWE title now being pretty worthless.

Obviously that's not all down to Cena, it's the booking of his character and the WWE title in general. But surely someone in his position...someone who has before displayed such love and passion for WWE should care about those aspects, how they're treated and be in a position to speak up and against any poor booking decisions. In recent times i sometimes wonder if in some ways Cena is the biggest yes man going or the slyest, best politician going. Or both. He's such a good figurehead to represent the company most of the time and especially in recent times but i think there's ways where that's actually detrimental to WWE and it's growth. Where it used to be so apparent that he was such a hard-working individual and devoted to the company, it now comes across as though he's got the easiest job going because, he'll be backed regardless and make a bunch of money remaining in his current position.

Which is all a shame because Cena has it in him to make the WWE title seem as important as others in the past have and would make some great telly in the process.

I really dont see what all the fuss about Cenas reaction is? He explained it at the beginning of the promo, the match was a draw, Rock teased Cena by restarting it, then screwing Cena, so logically who you call out? Miz or Rock? Cena blew his chance by getting counted out!

All this Cena didn't give a shit about losing....

Firstly he was double counted out anyway so he lost before The Rock even stuck his nose in so didn't really make any difference that The Rock screwed him as The Rock re-started the match anyway.

So can see why he didn't give a shit, he lost in the first place so losing again made no real difference.

What the Fuck are you 2 dip-shits blabbing on about! Of course he should fucking care! The WWE title is supposed to be the pinnicle of the profession. I don't care how many times he has won it, as I have stated before, what he went through to get the shot meant that the WWE title was important to him.

Of course it made a difference that the rock screwed him. Manchester Und draw with Chelsea in an FA cup replay. The referee starts extra time and screws Man Utd by awarding the most un-just penelty. Chelsea score and win the match. Do you this Alex Ferguson is going to be smiling, telling jokes, and waving to the crowd! Of course not, he's going to be pissed at the man who screwed him over! He's going to un-leash hell on the ref. Just like the Rock did, he didn't get the job done and was counted out, fair enough, no need for anger (except for at himself).

But when the Rock re-starts the match giving him a second chance, he is not given the opportunity to get the job done fairly. He's screwed and pinned, his chance is gone. His quest that he has spent the last 3 months pursuing is gone. Who do you blame, the Miz, no he took the opportunity he was given. It's the Rock. Who has spent the last month saying you wern't in his league, you where a joke. He didn't give you the chance to prove yourself. Cnea should have been a volcano on Monday, spitting venum and wanting this man for WM 28.

That's just the way I think. But, that's not to everyones taste!

No, because Cena had already lost the match anyway (double count out) so the match restarting was a bonus if anything so The Rock screwing him over had no difference, it would of made more sense having a ref bump then The Rock run down and screw him but the match was finished, he thought he had lost...the match was restarted and then he got screwed over which is why he congratulated The Miz on Raw because he did actually win fairly initially in the double count out (or as it was a DRAW as Cena put it but obviously thats as good as a loss as far as Cena is concerned).

Eitherway restarting the match was stupid in itself just for the rock to restart it and then screw over Cena, it achieved nothing whatsoever.

• Paid Members
Firstly he was double counted out anyway so he lost before The Rock even stuck his nose in so didn't really make any difference that The Rock screwed him as The Rock re-started the match anyway.

So he should be happy that he lost to a double count out and then got the shit kicked out of him, is what your saying?

So he should be happy that he lost to a double count out and then got the shit kicked out of him, is what your saying?

Well the double countout was part of the match so he wouldn't be happy but I doubt he would be pissed off as well, he said himself he lost fairly in the double countout (which was his own doing anyway).

Would he be happy? No. Should he be pissed off whilst walking down the ramp? No. Disappointment yes but he lost fair and square initially so would you expect someone to come out all angry? Triple H didn't on Raw, infact no one who lost at Mania did.

Did The Rock looked pissed off walking out at Mania after he got the shit kicked out of him by Cena on last weeks Raw? No different to how Cena came out yesterday right?

• Paid Members

The Cena/Rock announcement is growing on me. People seem to be down on it, but I think a slow build could really benefit them here, especially if they turn one of the men heel at around the halfway mark, preferably Cena. Perhaps turn Cena heel, but the belt on him and you could even make Cena/Rock for the WWE title. Cena could turn face again on the RAW after Wrestlemania, saying he'd lost his way etc and the WWE could pull a hugely strong buyrate from the PPV.

A year of a face/face feud just won't be interesting I fear, but Rock going in to his return match against "invincible" heel Cena?

Like The Rock says it doesnt matter, Cena is going to get booed the fuck out in Miami The Rocks home town, Cena is already the heel, its going to be worse than ONS 2 for Cena, that was only a small crowd compared to what will be waiting for him at WM28.

If WWE think they can do another Hogan/Rock thing, they are mistaken, alot of The Rock's fans were Hogan fans as Children, it brought out the emotion of seeing your childhood hero vs your new guy, the dynamic of Rock/Cena couldnt be more different, nobody wants to see Rock become buddies with Cena, if that happens, both Cena and The Rock will get booed big time, imagine WM ending to a Chorus of boo's.

Another problem they have is that Cena is going to have to win, because he is the guy that is there every week and carrying the company, so The Rock losing to Cena will be another big no to fans.

They have a year to figure things out at least, but i wouldnt be surprised if its not until the last 5mintues Vince decides what to do, kind of like their Mystery GM story that has gone nowhere or The Nexus bigger picture thing, which ended up being them getting shipped out lol.

No, because Cena had already lost the match anyway (double count out) so the match restarting was a bonus if anything so The Rock screwing him over had no difference, it would of made more sense having a ref bump then The Rock run down and screw him but the match was finished, he thought he had lost...the match was restarted and then he got screwed over which is why he congratulated The Miz on Raw because he did actually win fairly initially in the double count out (or as it was a DRAW as Cena put it but obviously thats as good as a loss as far as Cena is concerned).

Eitherway restarting the match was stupid in itself just for the rock to restart it and then screw over Cena, it achieved nothing whatsoever.

Well the double countout was part of the match so he wouldn't be happy but I doubt he would be pissed off as well, he said himself he lost fairly in the double countout (which was his own doing anyway).

Would he be happy? No. Should he be pissed off whilst walking down the ramp? No. Disappointment yes but he lost fair and square initially so would you expect someone to come out all angry? Triple H didn't on Raw, infact no one who lost at Mania did.

Did The Rock looked pissed off walking out at Mania after he got the shit kicked out of him by Cena on last weeks Raw? No different to how Cena came out yesterday right?

Congratulations! You have a job on the WWE writing team with logic like that!

• Paid Members

Congratulations! You have a job on the WWE writing team with logic like that!

The Rock was not wrestling for the title on Raw and Raw is not the biggest stage of them all. Cena should have been well pissed. He should have hit The Rock when he went for peoples Elbow on Raw and turned heel. He is never going to turn heel ever and he has become boring and stale. He is also going to get booed the fuck out at next Mania even more so than usual.

• Paid Members
Like The Rock says it doesnt matter, Cena is going to get booed the fuck out in Miami The Rocks home town, Cena is already the heel, its going to be worse than ONS 2 for Cena, that was only a small crowd compared to what will be waiting for him at WM28.

If WWE think they can do another Hogan/Rock thing, they are mistaken, alot of The Rock's fans were Hogan fans as Children, it brought out the emotion of seeing your childhood hero vs your new guy, the dynamic of Rock/Cena couldnt be more different, nobody wants to see Rock become buddies with Cena, if that happens, both Cena and The Rock will get booed big time, imagine WM ending to a Chorus of boo's.

Another problem they have is that Cena is going to have to win, because he is the guy that is there every week and carrying the company, so The Rock losing to Cena will be another big no to fans.

They have a year to figure things out at least, but i wouldnt be surprised if its not until the last 5mintues Vince decides what to do, kind of like their Mystery GM story that has gone nowhere or The Nexus bigger picture thing, which ended up being them getting shipped out lol.

I think you're missing what I was trying to say - Cena'll get booed anyway, but if the Rock/Cena storyline is a year long face vs face feud it'll be a lot less fun to watch than if they turn Cena at some point this year, if only briefly. I'll compare it to Cena/Batista - their first meeting was pretty dull story wise. However, their second feud, where Big Dave was the heel, was brilliant. Partly down to the fact Batista made an awesome heel, granted, but still...

I don't see why Cena HAS to win, he's not going to lose any credibility by losing this one match.

As for the Mystery GM storyline I think they probably DO know where they're going with it right now, and I suspect that's the eventual reveal of Michael Cole as RAW GM. Which would be brilliant.

If it is Michael Cole I call bullshit. Right as the story started everyone thought it might be Cole and on Raw one week Michael Cole did a piece to camera and then it cut to Vince on the phone, mid-conversation with the Mystery GM. So at the time I thought "well if it does turn out to be Cole it's crap" :laugh: Sad, I know.

I'll forgive them if we hear these words though "It's me Jerry!! It was me all along Jerry."....."Aw son of a bitch"

I don't see why Cena HAS to win, he's not going to lose any credibility by losing this one match.

I've been saying that about Cena for the last 5 years, still havent seen him loose clean, hence him being dubed SuperCena.

As for the Mystery GM storyline I think they probably DO know where they're going with it right now, and I suspect that's the eventual reveal of Michael Cole as RAW GM. Which would be brilliant.

No they dont, Ive been listening to some podcasts that had people that used to work there, they say the OG plan was to reveal the GM at WM, but that did not work out and now they are basically winging it, untill they come up with something else, or as someone else mentioned just let it fade away.

The Cena/Rock announcement is growing on me. People seem to be down on it, but I think a slow build could really benefit them here, especially if they turn one of the men heel at around the halfway mark, preferably Cena. Perhaps turn Cena heel, but the belt on him and you could even make Cena/Rock for the WWE title. Cena could turn face again on the RAW after Wrestlemania, saying he'd lost his way etc and the WWE could pull a hugely strong buyrate from the PPV.

A year of a face/face feud just won't be interesting I fear, but Rock going in to his return match against "invincible" heel Cena?

If/when Cena does turn in the build-up to the match (turning the Rock would be utterly backward considering the fan reactions for this match are pretty much written in stone), I'd hope they wouldn't turn him back within a few months. The main reason the Cena character is so stale is he's been a babyface for 8 looooooong years, and I wouldn't be surprised if their ratings pick up a fair bit when they eventually do turn him due to the intrigue factor alone. I think it would be daft to turn him after so long and then go back to the same old shit only a few months later, likely alienating any new fans they picked up along the way.

I personally think the best thing about the long build (and not having to worry about shoehorning John Cena into a world title match at Mania for a change) is that they have a year to get their shit together and actually make a sustained go at building somebody else up to be the number one babyface. Their attempts with Randy Orton in the past year have been half-hearted as fuck, probably because they always knew they could fall back on Cena when it came to Wrestlemania time.

I agree with that first bit - combine the traditional Wrestlemania reception for Cena with another full year of the stalest character in the business AND the fact that it's the Rock's hometown, and I think only an idiot would expect anything less than huge heel heat for Cena. I don't think the second part is necessarily a bad thing, though - personally, I'd like to see Cena turn full heel in the match itself - imagine the ending of Wrestlemania X7, but with fans booing fuck out of Austin instead of cheering. Something like that would immediately put huge heat on Cena and create a ton of interest for the storylines coming out of the following few months.

Archived