Post-Mania RAW Discussion thread

IANdrewDiceClay

• Paid Members
Steve Austin will be appearing on Raw tonight in Chicago, as will The Rock. Austin confirmed it in a twitter post.

Rock claims he will have a very special announcement on the show.

Packed Raw tonight. Looking forward to it. Just thought I'd get this thread rolling. Wonder what Rock's announcement will be?

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members
Steve Austin will be appearing on Raw tonight in Chicago, as will The Rock. Austin confirmed it in a twitter post.

Rock claims he will have a very special announcement on the show.

Packed Raw tonight. Looking forward to it. Just thought I'd get this thread rolling. Wonder what Rock's announcement will be?

I don't care as long as it's fucking shorter than last night's.

• Paid Members
An Apology for making both main eventers look like twats would be nice

Both Cena and Miz were doing a grand job on their own. The match was going nowhere before The Rock came down.

We've also got the debut of Sin Cara, a beaten up but smug as fuck Michael Cole (hopefully bringing back the heels on wheels trend we saw last year) and probably the Sheamus/Daniel Bryan match they promoted for last night. Good stuff.

I am calling it now John Cena will start his heel turn tonight.

Hope you do better with that one than you did with your 'Miz will win clean at Wrestlemania, I'm calling it now' bet.

In fact, fancy a wager?

I honestly can't see them turning Cena heel. They've just given him a new t-shirt, put all that choir shit out there at 'Mania, and they did all of that AFTER he attacked Rock! So where was the follow through? Non existent.

Now, personally I would've left 'Mania ending after Rock's revenge on Cena, without having him take out the Miz too. Would've had a lot more people tuning in to see what happened next.

If Rock is attacking both guys then I can't see him turning at all. Surely SOMEONE has to? It needs a little bit of an edge to it beyond what it's had now. Someone needs to be pushed further.

• Paid Members
I am calling it now John Cena will start his heel turn tonight.

Hope you do better with that one than you did with your 'Miz will win clean at Wrestlemania, I'm calling it now' bet.

In fact, fancy a wager?

Yeah The Miz didn't go over clean but I said after the Rumble he was going to win at Wrestemania then a few weeks later everyone started jumping on The Miz bandwagon and I said two weks ago that Alberto was not going to win at wrestlemania.

He won't be fully turned tonight this will be the start of it. A nice heel like blind side attack on The Rock should set the ball rolling with a little bit of mouthing off to the fans afterwards.

Yeah Repo they done the choir changed his top made him god boy and he still got booed to shit. The time to turn him is now.

Yeah

There have been plenty of good times to turn him, but they haven't.

Remember when Austin turned at 'Mania? It was HUGE. That's what Cena's heel turn should be, but they've dragged his face shit out for so long that it almost feels like it'll be pointless now.

I just can't imagine them doing it at all.

• Paid Members

It's not the weirdest turn I've heard proposed lately. Some dipstick was trying to persuade me Rey is about to leave (utter cobblers) and to fill the "Hispanic babyface" void they are going to turn Del Rio face, and him being robbed of his destiny and having his card destroyed will have him start to show humility and draw sympathy, which to be blunt is more complete shoemakers.

• Paid Members

Poor Alberto looked a broken man last night. His character was pretty much raped. I dont know who's idea it was for him to lose and then have his gimmick fucked with after the match. What could have went wrong did go wrong as far as Alberto went last night. He looked like a bitch. They could have made him as well. Shame. Instead Paul Roma in a blonde wig walked out with the belt.

I almost think maybe he pissed someone off along the way. He seemed to be getting a pretty decent push, but losing to Christian a number of times and then his 'Mania treatment, it was almost like the rug got pulled from under him.

At least Miz, for all his in-the-mix bollocks with Cena and Rock, got a fucking awesome build-up video that actually made him look a star.

Crawlingwest was it you that had that bet with air raid I think, where the looser gets renamed to twat?

Cena heel turn when his got new gear to shift? He has already AA The Rock and talked shit about him, still no heel, Im not sure theirs any point making him a heel anymore he is going to get booed reguardless.

As for what The Rock is going to say, Im not hyped tbh, he said that about WM, at the most it will be a match with Cena at Summer Slam, whatever the case he will be gone after tonight.

Given this will likely be The Rock's last appearance in a good long while, I could possibly see The Miz and Cena agree to a pact to take him out tonight, therefore avoiding Cena turning proper heel, before they move on to their inevitable Extreme Rules rematch. Cena can then forget about Rocky for a good long while until he comes back for more revenge.

I'm sure the Austin stuff won't be much more than promoting Tough Enough with Trish or something but I guess since he hit his bud Booker T with a stunner last night there might be some sort of confrontation.

And unfortunately Michael Cole will be back to his usual self again tonight. The commentary situation needs cleared up pronto. We waited for Cole to get his comeuppance last night and instead they will continue with his ego-fuelled nonsense for even longer. Cole has been great, don't get me wrong, but we've seen now that he can't really be put in many more matches and he can't go on being an annoying heel on commentary and feuding with his colleagues.

I'm going to tune in to see what happens with the Cole situation and The Rock. I just hope it's not two hours of them making up stuff about Mania 27 being the greatest event since Neil Armstrong landed on the moon.

Archived