Post-Mania RAW Discussion thread

IANdrewDiceClay

• Paid Members
This is going to sound like I've nicked it off Bryan Alvarez, because he said it today as well and I thick he's spot on, but you wouldnt have thought John Cena had just lost in the main event of the Royal Rumble. He came out with a big fuck off grin on his face like he'd won. That didnt sit well. He didnt seem to fussed.

Drinking already, Ian?

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members
This is going to sound like I've nicked it off Bryan Alvarez, because he said it today as well and I thick he's spot on, but you wouldnt have thought John Cena had just lost in the main event of the Royal Rumble. He came out with a big fuck off grin on his face like he'd won. That didnt sit well. He didnt seem to fussed.

Drinking already, Ian?

I'll edited it :blush:

• Paid Members

Drinking already, Ian?

I'll edited it :blush:

I meant agreeing with Alvarez, the irritating cock that he is. ;)

There needs to be more love shown here for Sheamus' awesome new attire. I hope he keeps it forever.

Does anyone think they might be trying to turn Miz?

He got more cheers than boos on RAW, and he played up to them a bit, and didnt really do anything heelish, and then John Cena put him over in his promo saying how everyone can respect him now.

Not sure how it'll play out, but maybe Cena/Miz join forces at Extreme Rules to face The Corre?

Like Ian said, it was so fucking annoying seeing Cena be smiley happy, after he;d just lost the MAIN EVENT at WRESTLEMANIA for the WWE CHAMPIONSHIP. If the belt wasnt protected leading up to the event, its damn near buried now. So Cena doesnt care about the title or losing, so why should we? Why does Cena even bother. I wanted to see him furious, but it was treated as a big joke.

In saying that, Rock/Cena will be epic next year, still wouldnt be suprised if they have Rock come in for SummerSlam to face The Miz. Maybe Cena could cost Rock the match to advance it a bit.

Does anyone think they might be trying to turn Miz?

Well, he's run out of top level faces to feud with on Raw now for the title (which, to be honest, says a lot about how many credible challengers there actually are), so I guess it will depend on what happens with regards to a draft

Not sure how he would fare as a face, but if you did turn him then you instantly have CM Punk to work with which could be a pretty decent programme

I don't really know how to react to The Rock vs. Cena at Wrestlemania 28, it just seems so far away, loads of things will happen in that space of time and by making that match official now they have limited what Cena and The Rock can do this year. Fair enough, The Rock probably wouldn't be appearing for every single show now anyway and will probably be back to one off appearences but Cena can't really compete in the Royal Rumble or the Elimination Chamber and if he is Champion we will know whoever wins the Rumble will be going for the other Title. If Cena does win the Rumble that would just mess up the build up to Wrestlemania as they'd have to sort out how he would have his Title shot and face The Rock, maybe have him do both even. I do like the idea of a year build up as if done right it could have us all going crazy in anticipation but I don't have enough faith in WWE to be able to successfully build up a match like this for a year, I see The Rock disappearing for a while, nothing really being mentioned, with perhaps one or two run ins on Cena's matches or the odd promo every once in a blue moon around Summerslam or a big event and then reappearing a few months before Wrestlemania to continue the storyline.

Sin Cara looked pretty cool and I'd like to see a feud between him and Sheamus for the US Title, I was expecting him to appear and interact with Rey or Alberto though.

The Miz was brilliant and I just hope he continues to grow and become one of the top guys now. As for guys he could face I think his ex tag team partner, John Morrison is a ready-made feud waiting to happen, they just need to build Morrison up a bit more and finally pull the trigger on him and the back story of the feud between Miz and Morrison would be great.

The stuff with Michael Cole is still entertaining but it's having a terrible knock on effect with his commentating, he's now become too much of a character to actually do a good job of calling the action, it seems instead of calling the action he just keeps talking about himself. I understand why he's doing it, as I say, it's part of his character, but it is just getting too much now, everything seems to revolve around him and it is effecting the product ie. Undertaker's streak was being talked about and he starts talking about being 1-0 and going streak against streak next year. The only other thing is I can't see this finishing any time soon and I don't even know how they can get him back to just doing his announcing now as he's become such a big heel, he is good at it but I just can't see how he can go back to announcing properly now after he's just been self promoting himself for ages.

It looks like Punk-Orton will carry on until Extreme Rules but Nexus are done. The only guy I would keep around on the main brand at the minute is Mason Ryan and that would be in a bodyguard role for now.

I don't know about that, Punk debuted a new Nexus shirt last night, I can't see them bringing out a new shirt for them only to have them never turn up again. I do see where you are coming from though as I was thinking this myself at Wrestlemania when nothing happened regarding any Nexus members but seeing a new Nexus shirt debut at Raw made me think they are still going to be around. I hope they are anyway.

Another great Raw, enjoyed the whole thing. We got to see Rock Vs Cena confirmed, a Stone Cold mini match after 8 years, a great tag match in Orton/Mysterio Vs Cody Rhodes/CM Punk, Sheamus Vs Evan Bourne was good (not as good as Sheamus' new attire though) and the debut of Sin Cara, who I can't wait to see again. What more could someone want? Was hoping that the Rock/Cena match would have been announced for Summerslam (Just because it's so much closer), but Wrestlemania next year will do just fine. I can't wait for next week now, and I can't believe how good both shows and the PPVs have been recently.

• Paid Members
This is going to sound like I've nicked it off Bryan Alvarez, because he said it today as well and I think he's spot on, but you wouldnt have thought John Cena had just lost in the main event of the WRESTLEMANIA. He came out with a big fuck off grin on his face like he'd won. That didnt sit well. He didnt seem to fussed.

It's what John Cena does. The few times WWE do have John Cena selling losses or scenarios he makes compelling TV (the Nexus/slave stuff being the perfect example). It's one of the many things that make it hard to like John Cena. It's like Triple H coming out at the start and saying "Ah well, I'm not really arsed. I've got cool shades on".

The Rock/Cena thing is an odd one. It's a shame the crowd weren't really that loud tonight, as it made the announcement feel like less of a bigger deal than it is.

I cringe that WWE have one year to book this though. Their track record for having 'can't fuck up' money feuds and then fucking them up (in the past decade) is scary. I'm more worried about that than a potential injury.

People moaning about The Rock fucking off for a few months need to get a grip. He NEEDS to fuck off and make as little appearances as possible until the last few months of the 'Mania build. If he becomes a regular he's less important and so is the match.

I really don't know how Vince McMahon does this though. He got Bret Hart back for two PPV matches and got The Rock back too. Bruno Sammartino and Randy Savage will be in the Hall of Fame soon then.

Michael Cole is the best thing going today.

So basically WWE is telling me not to bother watching till next year then? Cena/Rock next year, HHH/Taker III next year.

There was nothing on that show that makes me want to carry on watching, I usually only pay attention to WWE during RR-WM, and it looks like that is going to happen again, as I have no idea what Miz is doing next, what Cena is going to do for 12months, or what TripleH will be doing for 6-8months before Taker comes back.

I dont know what to think about Rock/Cena, they have used WM27 as a build up PPV for WM28, they basically shot their load already, wouldnt it have been far cooler to do all this build up for the actual match, instead of what we got on WM27? I can only see the same kind of build up again, with Rock on satellite every now again and Cena talking about how he aint here blah blah, what else could they do with The Rock gone, that shit would get old after 3months never mind 12.

I'm sure Cena/Rock will be a massive match still, but like many here, I dont think WWE will be able to keep it hype for a year, especially when Ive seen the mini feud already.

I don't really know how to react to The Rock vs. Cena at Wrestlemania 28, it just seems so far away, loads of things will happen in that space of time and by making that match official now they have limited what Cena and The Rock can do this year. Fair enough, The Rock probably wouldn't be appearing for every single show now anyway and will probably be back to one off appearences but Cena can't really compete in the Royal Rumble or the Elimination Chamber and if he is Champion we will know whoever wins the Rumble will be going for the other Title. If Cena does win the Rumble that would just mess up the build up to Wrestlemania as they'd have to sort out how he would have his Title shot and face The Rock, maybe have him do both even.

Don't see why it neccessarily precludes Cena having a title shot/entering the Rumble/whatever. Theoretically he could still do these things and face the Rock. Remember WM 10? Bret Vs Owen, then going on to face Yokozuna. The whys and wherefores of how they could work a similar thing inot next year's Mania are open to debate, but they could do it. Heck, they could even rehash the finish of that year's Rumble. Been long enough since they did it first!

• Paid Members

Anybody else think the odd Miz/Austin segment was the start of a feud for another 'Mania match next year? It's weird that they've pretty much got two of their main events booked already (although I think Triple H/Taker III will be a Triple Threat featuring Shawn Michaels instead). It's only speculation but I think this might be Triple Hs doing, having them build for a year, instead of a couple of months.

I had a chuckle at the Tough Enough folk using the word wrestling more than once and I'm sure there were a few 'W' words in the 'Mania weekend highlight package. I just have a nice mental image of Vince McMahon going mental backstage.

Anybody else think the odd Miz/Austin segment was the start of a feud for another 'Mania match next year? It's weird that they've pretty much got two of their main events booked already (although I think Triple H/Taker III will be a Triple Threat featuring Shawn Michaels instead). It's only speculation but I think this might be Triple Hs doing, having them build for a year, instead of a couple of months.

I had a chuckle at the Tough Enough folk using the word wrestling more than once and I'm sure there were a few 'W' words in the 'Mania weekend highlight package. I just have a nice mental image of Vince McMahon going mental backstage.

I think that Miz/Austin thing was just to promote Tough Enough, I think stone cold is long done in actual wrestling.

As for your Triple threat idea, that wouldnt work HBK could pin HHH and the match is won, plus with another guy there, could you really say you beat Taker? I think it will be just those two again, at most HBK would be a ref this time.

Oh as for Cena being happy last night, yeah it was stupid, but really I expect no better from him, even more silly when he praised The Miz for basically cheating to win at WM.

• Paid Members

Haven't seen this week's RAW yet, but oddly enough, I'm liking the sound of the announced Rock/Cena for next year's WM. It gives great potential for the eventual match to be "textured" more than just any old feud blow-off. Stips, managers, story spots, etc., this could be a great match if booked well.

That's the first time they've ever brought up the One-More-Match subject with Austin on Raw. I doubt they'd do that if it was impossible.

And it's not impossible. Looking at him, he did more physically in the ring than he's done since he retired. Yes, he's punched people, stomped them and Stunnered them, but he also brought out the Thesz Press and Elbow Drop. Essentially if he can execute these moves and not take any bumps that hurt his neck, he'd be fine.

I reckon he may be enjoying Tough Enough to the point where he's got the hunger to wrestle another big match.

Archived