Spaced

Devon Malcolm

• Paid Members

I don't see it mentioned much round here when we're talking about great sitcoms, but I've been seeing a lot more of it recently as it's been on Dave and More4. I have to say that it really is as good as it ever was even if the comic book references and generally wankery are sometimes a bit too much.

Best episode for me is definitely Mettle - absolutely fantastic.

• Paid Members

Spaced, Earthworm Jim and Brisco County Jr are my three alltime favourite TV Shows.

Mettle is a great episode, and the Robocop homage is done to perfection, but my favourites are Art, Gone and Help.

The Tyres/Mike exchange "Mine's a pint of the black stuff" ; "You can't drink a pint of Bovril..." gets me everytime.

The more I watch, the more Brian becomes my favourite character. I love Serafinowicz, so Duane Benzie is a highlight for me.

Some of the comic book/movie homages and references can grate on you, especially the Fight Club one in Mettle (came off very contrived, which was the actor's fault in fairness) but I did love the constant battering of the Phantom Menace in Change.

• Paid Members
I loved it, but don't think it's aged that well.

That's mental, it's only 10 to 12 years old!

Branquey, we love Serafinowicz round here as well so his appearances were always welcome. Seeing Lucy Akhurst in it the other night though looking so bloody fit has had me pining for her telly return. She hasn't done owt for years.

• Paid Members

Change, S2E2. It had (almost) everything. Tim getting sacked, Both Tim and Daisy's skits in the Dole office, Marsha's mean dig at Brian, Derek & The New Guy and the resolution neatly wrapping things up at the end. But as single skits go both the gunfights from Gone are in a class of their own.

• Paid Members
I loved it, but don't think it's aged that well.

That's mental, it's only 10 to 12 years old!

Branquey, we love Serafinowicz round here as well so his appearances were always welcome. Seeing Lucy Akhurst in it the other night though looking so bloody fit has had me pining for her telly return. She hasn't done owt for years.

Gladdy, Serafinowicz is just pure man. Funky Pete himself.

Lemme tell ya, see Lucy Akhurst, she was the first woman I ever fancied who had short hair. Annie Lennox terrified the growing bollocks out of me as a child and it turned me off women with a short back and sides, until Ms.Akhurst came along.

She was in some Italian or Spanish flick I seen on MGM (I think it was) not so long ago. I checked IMDB but couldn't find it anywhere, so I don't know the name of the gig. I'm sure it was her anyway...

I've had both series on DVD for some time and still quite regularly view them. My lad loves it too.

I don't particularly favour one episode over another, more certain scenes I love and still crack me up. For example:-

I think overall Mike has the best quotes, although I have found that this is the only series where I actually don't dislike any of the characters. They all have there moments of greatness, just some more than others.

• Paid Members

^ "I then attempted to invade Paris."

Gladdy, Serafinowicz is just pure man. Funky Pete himself.

Lemme tell ya, see Lucy Akhurst, she was the first woman I ever fancied who had short hair. Annie Lennox terrified the growing bollocks out of me as a child and it turned me off women with a short back and sides, until Ms.Akhurst came along.

She was in some Italian or Spanish flick I seen on MGM (I think it was) not so long ago. I checked IMDB but couldn't find it anywhere, so I don't know the name of the gig. I'm sure it was her anyway...

I've always been a fancier of short-haired women, so she ticked the boxes for me right away with that.

• Paid Members

My two favorite lines are from Mettle. Both from the same scene too. When Tim and Mike confront the other team in the pub and before they walk in Reece Shearsmith's character says "Their robot!" and bursts out laughing. Pure genius! And then when he says what a shame it is that their robot is broken Tim replies "What do you mean? You did it you...fucking...plum!" :D gold!

Archived