Spaced

Devon Malcolm

• Paid Members

Brilliant show. I didn't watch it until a few years after they finished the 2nd series, borrowed both box sets, really enjoyed it. Don't think Nick Frost was as good in it as he was in SOTD & Hot Fuzz, but Pegg & Stephenson are outstanding and formed such a natural on-screen partnership. The Brian character was also great. And this guy:

spacedraver-o.gif

when he says what a shame it is that their robot is broken Tim replies "What do you mean? You did it you...fucking...plum!" :D gold!

I'd forgotten how brilliant that line was until the recent repeat.

For me, the phantom menace stuff was so band on the money. Tim burning his box of star wars stuff in a jedi funeral summed up how every star wars fan felt. And his "menace to soceity" rant at the kid in the comic shop. An episode which aslo has Bill Baily utter the 100% true to life: "I once punched a man for saying Hawk the slayer was rubbish" :laugh:

The Ewoks were rubbish!

This your first time, kid?

I once dressed up as an elderly Jewish lady...well I didn't have to.

Is Jabba the princess?

I could quote Spaced every day. Most days I do.

dopper to the thread.

:thumbsup:

Nothing more to add really, always nice to see other people loving and remembering it.

I've said a million times it is my all-time favourite TV programme.

One liners, parodies, cutaways, music, sentimentality, and every character being so memorable and interesting - it's the perfect TV programme imo.

I went to the 'Spaced Marathon' at the BFI a few years back and as much fun as it was to watch all 14 episodes back-to-back on a huge cinema screen along with a few hundred other hardcore fans, the real treats were the brief introductions of the cast and their Q&A which showed how fondly they remember it too.

Has anybody got the Region 1 dvd set that came out 2 years ago?

I never got round to getting a copy but among the R1 exclusive extras were new audio commentaries with Pegg & Wright joined by such stars as Quentin Tarantino, Matt Stone, and Kevin Smith.

EDIT: Kenny beat me to it with the Mike-dressing-as-a-woman line.

"Oh yeah... I had not fort of daat" in a stupid voice is probably my most used quote, along with "This... is the good shit".

I was just getting into clubbing and drugs when this series was on tv, so it was absolutely perfect comedown viewing. Couldn't have been a more serendipitous combination. Tyres is my favourite character, I used to bump into so many people JUST like him in various fields and warehouses.

I absolutely love Spaced. It's one of those programmes you can watch over and over again and it never gets boring. My mate and his sister have been brought closer by it thats how great it is. Also if the staunton lick doesn't bring a tear to your eye you are not human in my opinion.

Archived