Fit Finlay FIRED!

ClassicsGuy

This is BULLSHIT. Straight up 100 o/o pure BULLSHIT! London gets blown up over 50 people die and they still went ahead an aired that stupid Muhammad Hassan angle. But who got fired over it, The poor new guy that was just doing wat he was told by the higher ups. At the end of the day it isn't Finlay's fault because SOMEONE higher up HAS TO OK THINGS LIKE THAT before they go ahead. But its ALWAYS some other lower guy that gets the blame. Well their lost will be our gain.

On a sidenote: D.Carter I like your signature ;-)

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I don't blame them... as an English person I think it's ridiculous to fire him for that reason, but as a person living in the USA, I can imagine how upset a lot of folks got.

Don't you get wrestling? You are already fallen victim to 'entertainment', Fit Finlay get fired because a wrestling heel tactic worked... unbelievable.

No he didnt. He got the sack because he pissed off a publicly trading companies sponsers, who he happened to work for and who were in the audience (who werent happy). A peado character would get people booing, but if its the kind of heat that effects the WWE's audience and business, then it doesnt work at all.

This. The only valid thing said in this thread [except posts making the same point]

Can someone please clear this up for me. I've read through all pages and I just dont fucking understand the logic in this what so ever.

Someone mentioned Lesnar shitting on budwiser. Thats completely understandable as he mentioned coors light when he had a mic. Plus its MMA.

Now correct me if I'm wrong here but isn't the point of a heel to be that person that you hate and want to pay to see get the shit beat out of him?

I could totally imagine Miz in all his arrogant glory come to a ring and enterupt the National Anthem. He's already "disrespected" his company by turing the W into an M, so why not allow the Miz to think he's better than his entire country?

its fucking "Sports Entertainment" Its a character not the believes of the person! I just dont see how this could effect their advertising in anyway. If anything, it would make people pay more money to see him get his ass handed to him at mania.

That pretty much sums my thoughts on this. It could be another Daniel Bryan, where he'll come back sometime soon. That sucks for him on the eve of Mania, that's gotta be hurting. Thats enough to screw his mind for this to happen right now.

So did this whole thing occur at a house show because surely stuff like this run past Vince surely in some way? Would Miz question it? His character is suited to do a stunt like this, and it's "sports entertainment"

• Paid Members

The only reason he got sacked is so WWE can say to the National Guard "We fired the guy who was in charge that night as an apology to you, now please keep giving us money." They will probably re-hire him in a few months. You guys need to chill out. WWE were in the right to sack Finlay. National Guard are the ones people should be moaning about.

What also sucks is that I wouldn't be at all suprised if the angle was a test run and we would have seen The Miz actually do the exact same thing at Wrestlemania which would have been an amazing sight.

It seems like too good an idea to have just been a throw away angle at a house show.

The Observer is saying it was the Army National Guard that was the one that got upset about it, so WWE had to act some how. If a big sponser is pissed off, you cant blame them.

The only reason he got sacked is so WWE can say to the National Guard "We fired the guy who was in charge that night as an apology to you, now please keep giving us money." They will probably re-hire him in a few months. You guys need to chill out. WWE were in the right to sack Finlay. National Guard are the ones people should be moaning about.

I think you can criticise the fact that the USA is so corrupted by advertising dollars that a branch of the fucking military sponsors the WWE. I mean that is completely ridiculous. I'd love to see their audience marketing segmentation of hicks ready to die for that flag.

What also sucks is that I wouldn't be at all suprised if the angle was a test run and we would have seen The Miz actually do the exact same thing at Wrestlemania which would have been an amazing sight.

It seems like too good an idea to have just been a throw away angle at a house show.

I guess then getting Rebecca Black to sing the Star Spangled Banner on Sunday then is out of the question.

This is BULLSHIT. Straight up 100 o/o pure BULLSHIT! London gets blown up over 50 people die and they still went ahead an aired that stupid Muhammad Hassan angle. But who got fired over it, The poor new guy that was just doing wat he was told by the higher ups. At the end of the day it isn't Finlay's fault because SOMEONE higher up HAS TO OK THINGS LIKE THAT before they go ahead. But its ALWAYS some other lower guy that gets the blame. Well their lost will be our gain.

On a sidenote: D.Carter I like your signature ;-)

Personally I see sky being at fault for that. The show was already filmed, edited and in sky's hands. If anything, it was likely out of wwes hands by that point in time.

• Paid Members
He'll be back in six months. It'll be like Daniel Bryan's sacking.

Bryan was only gone three, so I'd say he'll be back by Capitol Punsihment. Possibly inside a Robocop suit.

If you're in charge of a publicly trading company and you've got investors and shareholders to answer to and one of your major sponsors gets upset at an aspect of your product, the first thing that you do is to make an example. Unfortunately for Finlay, he was the guy in the firing line here. Once it's all died down and forgotten about, he'll be brought back on board. If anything, he'll just see it as a vacation.

It bugged me why he hasn't been wrestling for a few years. Had he officially hung up his boots or was he just not being booked? I know he had been a "producer" for a while.

Apparently he quietly retired as the WWE began to focus on the younger guys.

Archived