Fit Finlay FIRED!

ClassicsGuy

I don't blame them... as an English person I think it's ridiculous to fire him for that reason, but as a person living in the USA, I can imagine how upset a lot of folks got.

Don't you get wrestling? You are already fallen victim to 'entertainment', Fit Finlay get fired because a wrestling heel tactic worked... unbelievable.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members
I don't blame them... as an English person I think it's ridiculous to fire him for that reason, but as a person living in the USA, I can imagine how upset a lot of folks got.

Don't you get wrestling? You are already fallen victim to 'entertainment', Fit Finlay get fired because a wrestling heel tactic worked... unbelievable.

No he didnt. He got the sack because he pissed off a publicly trading companies sponsers, who he happened to work for and who were in the audience (who werent happy). A peado character would get people booing, but if its the kind of heat that effects the WWE's audience and business, then it doesnt work at all.

Would people feel the same if it was a different road agent?

It is ridiculous though, not denying that, but you know its America, the anthem is sacred, probably should know better, but to get fired for it is a bit shit. I'm sure it'll be a bit like Daniel Bryan, (although I'm still unsure if that is a work)

Can someone please clear this up for me. I've read through all pages and I just dont fucking understand the logic in this what so ever.

Someone mentioned Lesnar shitting on budwiser. Thats completely understandable as he mentioned coors light when he had a mic. Plus its MMA.

Now correct me if I'm wrong here but isn't the point of a heel to be that person that you hate and want to pay to see get the shit beat out of him?

I could totally imagine Miz in all his arrogant glory come to a ring and enterupt the National Anthem. He's already "disrespected" his company by turing the W into an M, so why not allow the Miz to think he's better than his entire country?

its fucking "Sports Entertainment" Its a character not the believes of the person! I just dont see how this could effect their advertising in anyway. If anything, it would make people pay more money to see him get his ass handed to him at mania.

This is absoluetly ridiculous, surely Vince or someone high up would have seen that this had been planned and if it was a problem they would have told him, but even if they didn't it's still an absolutely ludacris thing to fire someone for, especially someone who seems to be so good at their job!

• Paid Members
Can someone please clear this up for me. I've read through all pages and I just dont fucking understand the logic in this what so ever.

Someone mentioned Lesnar shitting on budwiser. Thats completely understandable as he mentioned coors light when he had a mic. Plus its MMA.

Now correct me if I'm wrong here but isn't the point of a heel to be that person that you hate and want to pay to see get the shit beat out of him?

I could totally imagine Miz in all his arrogant glory come to a ring and enterupt the National Anthem. He's already "disrespected" his company by turing the W into an M, so why not allow the Miz to think he's better than his entire country?

its fucking "Sports Entertainment" Its a character not the believes of the person! I just dont see how this could effect their advertising in anyway. If anything, it would make people pay more money to see him get his ass handed to him at mania.

Fuck me, an important and influential partner of WWE took exception to something that occurred during a show they were present at and WWE took action to pacify them. Not that hard to understand is it?

But it didn't actually happen! It was planned to but it didn't happen! I still stand by it though, its entertainment! It would be different if he told miz to say he prefered the British or Canadian army instead. At the end of the day, the show is suppose to be an entertainment show, and the plan never manifested therefore, what exactly is the problem?

• Paid Members
But it didn't actually happen! It was planned to but it didn't happen! I still stand by it though, its entertainment! It would be different if he told miz to say he prefered the British or Canadian army instead. At the end of the day, the show is suppose to be an entertainment show, and the plan never manifested therefore, what exactly is the problem?

Yes, it did.

And welcome to the corporate world.

"The story making the rounds is that The Miz was booked to come out an interrupt the national anthem during a house show in Champaign, IL over the weekend. There were a number of representatives for the national Guard, who are a HUGE partner and sponsor for WWE, in attendance. Obviously, they were not pleased with the anthem being used to get heel heat.

When word made it's way back to WWE management, the decision was made to release Finlay, who as the top Producer of the show, "had to fall on the sword", as it was described to me."

To me, its been decribed as if it was suppose to happen. Even if it did happen, exactly what are they upset about?

Fucking Yanks need to get their heads out of their arses. It's a fucking song at the end of the day that generation after generation gets brainwashed into singing at every opportunity. I'm surprised that Yanks don't sing the national anthem before they take a shit. A national anthem is a song, a flag is a bit of fucking coloured cloth, get over it. Your anthem is about bombs and rockets, because violence is the only method of resolving problems that they know. I know our anthem is shit, all about an imaginary deity saving some spoiled rich Kraut while the rest of us can go fuck ourselves, but the US anthem isn't much better either.

It's like Jim Jefferies says, all this bollocks about "God Bless America". If you believe the Bible, which a lot of Americans do, then God has been around since the beginning of time. The United States of America has existed as a nation for just under 250 years. Are we supposed to believe that it took God all that time to pick a team? Fuck off.

If some National Guard ponce had an issue, he should have been invited backstage to speak to Mr Finlay personally. Now, I would've liked to have seen THAT happen......

For the record, I think that the Italian national anthem is a catchy little ditty. Yes.

As has been mentioned earlier, surely the angle would have had to have been cleared by Vince before hand anyway.

And also reading the description of what took place it sounds like it had fuck all to do with Finlay, and we was just the scapegoat as he was the senior agent.

On a side note would love to have Finlay back over here.

What a fucking lame reason to fire a guy. Because their top heel was booked in an angle that drew heat. Is it even that offensive? FFS these Septics would spontaneously combust if they knew what most of the world says about them, never mind one of their own interrupting their anthem

• Paid Members
"The story making the rounds is that The Miz was booked to come out an interrupt the national anthem during a house show in Champaign, IL over the weekend. There were a number of representatives for the national Guard, who are a HUGE partner and sponsor for WWE, in attendance. Obviously, they were not pleased with the anthem being used to get heel heat.

When word made it's way back to WWE management, the decision was made to release Finlay, who as the top Producer of the show, "had to fall on the sword", as it was described to me."

To me, its been decribed as if it was suppose to happen. Even if it did happen, exactly what are they upset about?

Yes it was booked and it happened according to live reports. I've bolded the part they were upset about, its right there in the post.

• Paid Members
Fucking Yanks need to get their heads out of their arses. It's a fucking song at the end of the day that generation after generation gets brainwashed into singing at every opportunity. I'm surprised that Yanks don't sing the national anthem before they take a shit. A national anthem is a song, a flag is a bit of fucking coloured cloth, get over it. Your anthem is about bombs and rockets, because violence is the only method of resolving problems that they know. I know our anthem is shit, all about an imaginary deity saving some spoiled rich Kraut while the rest of us can go fuck ourselves, but the US anthem isn't much better either.

It's like Jim Jefferies says, all this bollocks about "God Bless America". If you believe the Bible, which a lot of Americans do, then God has been around since the beginning of time. The United States of America has existed as a nation for just under 250 years. Are we supposed to believe that it took God all that time to pick a team? Fuck off.

If some National Guard ponce had an issue, he should have been invited backstage to speak to Mr Finlay personally. Now, I would've liked to have seen THAT happen......

For the record, I think that the Italian national anthem is a catchy little ditty. Yes.

I like you.

Archived