Fit Finlay FIRED!

ClassicsGuy

The Bradshaw do the Nazi salute, or just the goose-step?

Regardless of the patriotism aspect, it's not a good idea to upset a major sponsor. You would think Finlay would be brought back down the line though as he's been a trusted agent for years.

Hopefully he'll do some dream matches with ROH etc and a shoot interview while he's able to.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members
@Dillkid.

Don't think it was captured on film but it did happen and was a pretty big deal at the time considering its a criminal offence in Germany, I may be wrong but I think JBL was deported.

And lets be honest here privatly Vince McMahon probably thought it was hilarious.

I've seen it on YouTube, so yes, it was filmed.

• Paid Members

I don't know why they should be so upset by it, anyhoo - The Miz is a dickish heel, it's the sort of thing he'd do; it's not as if they got Rey Mysterio or John Cena to come down to the ring, pull their pants down and drop a load on the American flag.

@Dillkid.

Don't think it was captured on film but it did happen and was a pretty big deal at the time considering its a criminal offence in Germany, I may be wrong but I think JBL was deported.

And lets be honest here privatly Vince McMahon probably thought it was hilarious.

I've seen it on YouTube, so yes, it was filmed.

Ha I didn't even know that.

• Paid Members

JBL was a heel, and about to win the WWE title a week or two later, obviously he wasn't going to face punishment. Finlay put together something that pissed off the troops, who WWE obviously care about pleasing. There really shouldn't be any comparison. Besides, Finlay will probably be rehired at a later date anyway, when this blows over.

It's the same as Brock pissing off Budweiser, except Finlay isn't anything like as irreplaceable to WWE as Brock is to UFC, and the National Guard is something Vince believes in ideologically and is no doubt extremely proud to have sponsoring WWE.

Firing him is harsh though. Especially if he's gone for good. He should just have been demoted from being lead agent on shows.

And lets be honest here Finlay really should have known better then to book an angle that could potentially cost the company a major sponsor and even the average idiot probably knows how patriotic American's can be so I wouldn't buy into Finlay (who has been in the US for years now)being ignorant to the potential problems such an angle could cause but like others here I'm convinced that he will be brought back.

• Paid Members

Sad situation, but it could have been worse. Imagine if Finlay had been fired from his agent role five days before the biggest show of the year featured a match with mainstream attention featuring four women, one of whom had zero in-ring experience.

This really sucks for Finlay but he certainly has a future in the industry and in all fairness i wouldn't be surprised to see him rehired in a few months in a similar vein to danielson. I really don't see the point in people getting pissy about it as it really has been going on for years when it comes to mocking other countries and it must have been done concerning the USA just off the top of my head the Un-Americans threatening to burn the american flag. Its just bad luck and another point within the last year where WWE have favoured a small complaint from sponsers over their employees.

Archived