30 Days of WRESTLING

Super Cena

• Awards Moderator

Easy. This bump from

- Rhyno pushes Bubba Ray Dudley and Matt Hardy off a ladder through four tables on the outside.

I missed the Summerslam 2000 TLC match, and so when I watched this match, I'd never seen anything like it. I must have paused and rewound this bump dozens of times.

It's not just the bump, though - as countless indies have proved, mental bumps mean fuck all if barely anyone sees them and they're not sold as incredible feats both during and after. The commentary for TLC II was fantastic in getting across the craziness of the stunts, and the scale and spectacle of WrestleMania made each bump into a huge event. Love it.

• Replies 727
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Easy.
- Rhyno pushes Bubba Ray Dudley and Matt Hardy off a ladder through four tables on the outside.

I missed the Summerslam 2000 TLC match, and so when I watched this match, I'd never seen anything like it. I must have paused and rewound this bump dozens of times.

It's not just the bump, though - as countless indies have proved, mental bumps mean fuck all if barely anyone sees them and they're not sold as incredible feats both during and after. The commentary for TLC II was fantastic in getting across the craziness of the stunts, and the scale and spectacle of WrestleMania made each bump into a huge event. Love it.

Yes, yes and yes. This is my pick too, i've just been hunting for a nice pic but can't find one. There have been a few similar ones since but this was a huge bump at the time and as you say it meant something and it was at the very end of the match. Like you I kept re-watching it, focusing on Bubba, then Hardy etc. Just absolute carnage the way the tables break and they land, incredible stuff.

For comic purposes, nothing was quite as enjoyable as the bump Shawn Michaels took off Hogan's big boot. Here it is at 2:16

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m0BYSLdthvQ

Spectacular wise, Wrestlemania X-Seven, Edge spearing Jeff Hardy in mid air. Incredible.

Undertaker throwing Mankind off of the Hell In A Cell at King of the Ring '98 was just ridiculous, how the hell Foley survives that shit to get up and carry on the match is just pretty unbelievable, let alone the fact that he gets his ass chokeslammed through the Cell and carries on after that for another 10 minutes

Event ive watched 5x more would have to go to "In Your House 16 - Canadian Stampede", its a majorly overlooked show when people talk about the best PPVs of the 90s.. Honourable mention also goes to "Big Egg Universe", and yes i have sat through the entir event 5x lol..

Favourite bump ever is a tough one.. but im going with Michinoku's exit from the 2000 Royal Rumble match.. Ouch.. Although there are so many great bumps to choose from...

I would be lying if I didn't say my favourite was the first Foley Cell Bump. unbelievable I could hardly believe what I was watching when it happened.

Can't find the clip but I always liked Foley's Head first through the table bump too. I remember he pulled it off particularly well one time when the entire top of his body disappeared through the table leaving his legs hanging out the top. Looked ace.

BIGGEST HOLY SHIT MOMENT EVER

Probably Foley being chucked off of the Cell, but I don't wanna pick the same moment twice in a row so...........I almost crapped my pants when Triple H hit Taker with the Tombstone at Mania 27 and I thought the Streak was dead plus I was praying at the same time so that could be called a holy shit moment

I would be lying if I didn't say my favourite was the first Foley Cell Bump. unbelievable I could hardly believe what I was watching when it happened.

Can't find the clip but I always liked Foley's Head first through the table bump too. I remember he pulled it off particularly well one time when the entire top of his body disappeared through the table leaving his legs hanging out the top. Looked ace.

'In Your House 14 - Revenge of the Taker' is the event where half of Foley disapeared head head first through the table, also one of my favourite spots (and long standing feuds). The match itself is great and often overlooked sadly.

Probably when Foley was thrown off the Cell too. Couldn't believe it was happening and seemed so unreal to watch.

Other than that, probably more Foley stuff. I remember he was bounced off the ring onto the concrete floor during the Boiler Room Brawl and the sound was bloody nasty.

• Paid Members

Most "holy shit" moment is tricky on the face of it... the winner has nearly been surpassed a new times with different stunts (using fire for one) but the reality is, nothing will ever eclipse seeing at the age of 15, Mankind go soaring through the air. I literally thought he had killed himself for the sake of creating an unforgettable match.

Event ive watched 5x more would have to go to "In Your House 16 - Canadian Stampede", its a majorly overlooked show when people talk about the best PPVs of the 90s..

Depends who you're talking to, newbie, around here that show is bummed big style as one of the best PPVs of the 90s. Deservedly so, in fairness.

i dont think ive ever watched any event 5 times in full - ive watched all the rumble matches many many times but i never watched the other matches.

for me these days if i rewatch an event i just skip on the dvd any matches that were crap and just watch the good ones.

thinking back to the old days, that might be some videos i watched a bunch of times but they were 60 minute videos because thats all we used to have in the olden days.

even the great mania 17 i think ive watched in full 2 times. however the last half of the show over 5 times im sure.

Archived