30 Days of WRESTLING

Super Cena

• Paid Members

Sting, Sep 96-Dec 97.

Top face and arguably company star, ridiculously over without having a fucking match in that whole spell. Amazing.

• Replies 727
  • Created
  • Last Reply

YOUR FAVOURITE TV EPISODE & YOUR FAVOURITE SHOW EVER

I guess this would be catch up day, but it's really hard when you have watched as much stuff as I have to have one single favourite episode. I am in love with anything WWE from late '96 to early '03, I can't narrow it down at all I'm afraid. My favourite show ever (which I am assuming means PPV or supercard) would be Wrestlemania 17.

• Paid Members

Favourite tv episode is one of those that at first glance I thought "crikey, that's hard," but bollocks is it. After thinking about May 17th 1993 Raw for a second (Razor Ramon vs The Kid, Marty Jannetty jumping out of the crowd to challenge Shawn Michaels), it pales in comparison to the Raw from the night after WrestleMania XIV. The shock of Syxx walking out in a DX shirt, coupled by the Outlaws finally joining DX at the end, and Stone Cold officially kicking off his era of Vince-abuse... it just felt like the WWF was kicking up a gear and launching into something really special. Which they were.

Favourite PPV ever?? Fucking hell.

Gone over numerous candidates in my mind but I'm only prepared to narrow it down to Rumble 91, Mania VIII, Canadian Stampede, Mania XIX or Mania XXI.

Fav TV show I think will probably be the one I first got to watch when I got sky. That would be the second Raw after Vengeance 2002. It had the debut of 3 Minute Warning, RVD vs. Jeff Hardy in a title unification ladder match, the start of Shawn Michaels and Triple H feud (I think this episode was where Michaels was attacked by a mystery assailant in the car park). And some interplay between Bischoff and Stephanie with Bischoff looking top class.

Favourite show is really hard. I like alot of old WCW shows and I have to say Great American Bash 1992 with all those lovely tag matches was quality, and I loved Superbrawl 3 too. Other shows are Royal Rumble 1992, Wrestlemania X-seven, Wrestlemania 13 (better than it had any right to be), In Your House 2, and ROH Unified.

• Paid Members

Favourite tv show. I'll probably get laughed at for saying the timeframe, it's a Nitro from around October of 2000, I want to say it's the first after Russo left (for good), I'd also get laughed at if I posted the whole card ( I can't find it). It was filmed in Australia and the crowd is RABID the entire night, every act was hugely over (Sting, Nash, and Goldberg especially got god-like reactions), and there was some good wrestling on the show, Rey vs Elix Skipper was up there with the best cruiserweight matches shown on Nitro, Mike Sanders and Kevin Nash vs The Cat and Booker T somehow managed to be a really fun watch, Goldberg squashed Big Vito in a hardcore match, and Scotty Steiner and Sting had a main event that was quality based on crowd reaction alone.

On top of all that, Stevie Ray puts in one of the finest commentary jobs of all time, and Jeff Jarrett proved he's one of the kings of comedy long before "JJMMA", by appearing in various segments dressed in full "Surfer Sting" garb and mimics the Stinger perfectly.

The Raw before WM13 gets an honourable mention.

Fabourite TV Episode always used to be a Raw 2 weeks before the Breakdown PPV in 1998- you had a stacked show featuring Jeff Jarrett vs Road Dogg, Rock vs Kane, Owen Hart vs Triple H, X Pac and Chyna vs Mark Henry, Undertaker vs Mankind and Steve Austin vs Ken Shamrock

Favourite Face: Shawn Michaels.. He was awesome in that role both in the mid 90s and after his return.

Favourite Episode: Raw the night after Wrestlemania XIV or The Pillman/Austin episode of Raw. Honorable mention goes to the Shango/Warrior episode of Superstars, i loved that as a kid. Theres a hundred others i love though and my answers would likely be different if you asked me next week. As is also the case with..

Favourite Show: Canadian Stampede and King of the Ring 1993 are screaming out to me.. But so is Big Egg Universe.. I guess it depends what im in the mood for..

• Paid Members
Favourite Show: Canadian Stampede and King of the Ring 1993 are screaming out to me.. But so is Big Egg Universe.. I guess it depends what im in the mood for..

The problem with being in the mood for Big Egg Universe is you have to stay in the mood for it for fucking hours.

The problem with being in the mood for Big Egg Universe is you have to stay in the mood for it for fucking hours.

Yeah its definatly a full day affair.. 4 discs at 2 or 3 hours each if i remember rightly (my copy was burgled along with the rest of my collection sadly).. Its an amazing show though and ive done the marathon session that is watching it in one on a number of occasions)..

• Paid Members

Cracking post.

With a tear in his eye and a smile on his face he really did seem to love Stylin' and Profilin' out there. Watching wrestling is supposed to be fun so I'm going for Naitch.

Learn to love it. It's the best thing going today.

Archived