What are you listening to?

Halitosis Romantic

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I want to get into The Black Crowes. I've liked just about everything I've heard from them but don't know where to begin with their back catalogue. Can anyone suggest a good album as a starting point?

Shake Your Money Maker, The Southern Harmony and Musical Companion and Amorica are stone cold classics so go there, start chronologically, also the two most recent albums are really good too, I really love Before The Frost...Until The Freeze.

Also reccomended is Live at The Greek with Jimmy Page :thumbsup:

I can't get enough of Elvis's version of

at the moment, I've had it on repeat all evening. The first time you hear the horns at 1:39 is the musical equivalent of Darth Maul igniting the second blade on his lightsaber. Makes me want to go out and slay some vampires.

Also had a playlist of about 20 different versions of 'Bring it on Home to Me' on shuffle earlier. Sam Cooke's is the best, I also like Rita Coolidge's version and the Animals had a good crack at it.

• Moderators

It's an odd one when a song really gets stuck in your brain like that. Yesterday I woke up with Lauryn Hill - Doo Wop in my head, even though I've not heard it in a long time and found myself listening to it repeatedly throughout the day. I've still got it in my head now.

Purely based on the fact that friday night fell inbetween my St Pat's hangover and a drinking expedition to Liverpool on saturday, along with there being fuck all on the other channels (aka 'Comic Relief'), I decided to watch a documentary on BBC4 about the history of Irish folk music. Not particularly a genre I'm over familiar with, but I thought it might have some interesting stuff on the Pogues. I ended up enjoying the programme so much that I stuck around to watch the concert that followed it, featuring an old Irish folk rocker called Christy Moore. I've been playing his songs on spotify ever since - one in particular, No Time For Love, gave me chills in the live performance.

Archived