What are you listening to?

Halitosis Romantic

• Paid Members

Christy Moore's brill. Saw him at the Fleadh in Finsbury Park in the mid-90s, great fun as a performer, bantering with the crowd between songs and getting all the drinkers to raise their glasses (well, plastics) at various points. He gave out a good piece of advice too: "Remember: Guinness is good for you, but it'll make your shit black". This has stood me in good stead over the years.

If you're into Irish folk, I can recommend several: De Dannan, Dervish, The Chieftains, Liam Clancy, Cara Dillon and the obvious: The Dubliners. Most people should know "Seven Drunken Nights", and if they don't, they should.

Also, there are quite a few Scottish artists of a similar style, such as Lau, Karin Polwart and Drever McCusker & Woomble (yes, that is a real surname).

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply
It's an odd one when a song really gets stuck in your brain like that. Yesterday I woke up with Lauryn Hill - Doo Wop in my head, even though I've not heard it in a long time and found myself listening to it repeatedly throughout the day. I've still got it in my head now.

Funny when that happens, that's happens to me sometimes.

I'm liking the old skool meets new skool Dubstep tunes, using looped up breakbeats. Pure Dubstep isn't quite my thing, but I'm liking a few tunes I've heard in this style.

Other than that I'm listening to a CD of tracks a friend made. Mostly instrumental Hip Hop with some vocal samples with Melodian and keyboard playing added. Groovy chillout vibes.

Listening to the new Dirty Flags album

http://soundcloud.com/magic-buffalo-record...n-a-bit/s-oZSU3

Thoughts would be appreciated guys.

Free download below also seeing as I use to post here :) Goes on sale Monday.

http://rapidshare.com/files/452892645/Dirt..._A_Bit_2011.rar

Safe I do still check this but all the old posters are long gone.

• Paid Members
I can't get enough of Elvis's version of
at the moment, I've had it on repeat all evening. The first time you hear the horns at 1:39 is the musical equivalent of Darth Maul igniting the second blade on his lightsaber. Makes me want to go out and slay some vampires.

I told someone to fuck off out of my office earlier because they said that this was shit.

I know it's a very commercial track (having been at no. 1 in the charts for the past few weeks) but I can't stop playing this song

Adele - Someone like you

It is such a simple, beautiful track. Just a simple piano and that beautiful voice. I even love the way that the single (the version I have linked is a live version) is not too over produced. Adele's voice cracks a little in certain places and they haven't smoothed it out. It all adds to a great track. A future classic that will no doubt be butchered on this year's X Factor.

Archived