Sin Cara on Wrestlemania?

ligerbomb

Does anybody think that Sin Cara may be on Wrestlemania itself? I thought they would have him as a big story in the post mania season but they did a quick turnaround on getting a hype video for him for raw this week doing his stuff and four weeks out from mania that makes me think he will have a role on the show if they are willing to dedicate tv time to him now.

If it were up to me, I'd have another video package next week and have Evan Bourne come out or do a short interview backstage where he basically says he's heard a lot about Sin Cara and has seen the videos and he looks impressive- so since he's not doing anything at mania he is issuing a challenge to Sin Cara to prove what he can do on the biggest stage- Wrestlemania.

Then you could get some spotfest/flippy type jobbers in and have Bourne pull out some innovative offence ont hem in the final couple of weeks leading to mania, just quick 2-3 minute exhibitions.

Then Sin Cara debuts at mania vs Evan Bourne and goes over clean after an 8 minute back and forth spotfest which could replace to MITB as the wrestlemania highspot match.

Thats what I would like to see anyway. Thoughts?

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You don't want him to get lost in the shuffle of Mania, debut after is a much smarter choice, happened with Foley I believe, also for the same reasons why Jericho won't be back, he didn't want to get lost in all the stars and matches being built. Not needed.

I understand that but I still think it would be a nice undercard match to add to the show, then you can put more focus on him and give him the big push after mania when rock/austin/taker/maybe hhh are gone.

Still seems a little odd to me they be building him on the pre mania tv shows if he wasnt in their minds for mania itself-as their mindset on tv leading up to mania is that everything on the show should pertain to the big event.

Bit of a waste of a mania space or two in my opinion. Evan Bourne does not justify a place on this years card and neither does the guy nobody has yet really heard of.

Having these two in a match on mania is not going to effect the companies bottom line. It may be a good match but I'd hope the rest of the card was equally entertaining anyway.

I'd like a flippy/spotty match on there early though. I'm up for some of that.

• Paid Members

AhmedAvatar is right. You have so many names that have been built up over the past year that as it stands, do not have anything on Mania. Dolph, Morrison, Bryan, Sheamus, Kofi, Wade & the Corre, Big Show, Kane...all of these currently have nothing set in stone. It'd be a waste to throw away their momentum in favour of Sin Cara, though I am excited about seeing him.

They usually have quite a lot of debuts post-Mania. In 2002 for example Brock debuted straight after- Cena, Orton & Batista in the months following on. Hopefully they will throw Sin Cara in the mix post-Mania.

Don't think they'd debut him at WM, it's pretty unusual for them to do that kind of thing.

I'd also imagine his debut will be a 5 minute showcase vs Chavo Jr or Koslov as a jobber.

I cazn see him being announced at Mania but not actually doing anything. And i'd bet my house if i owned one that Chavo is his first match.

• Paid Members

Are they having an MITB this year? Given the "aura" they seem to be trying to give him, I could honestly see them having him debut by winning it and go straight into a championship feud with Del Rio, who most likely will win the belt from Edge.

• Paid Members
Having these two in a match on mania is not going to effect the companies bottom line. It may be a good match but I'd hope the rest of the card was equally entertaining anyway.

I don't think it's a bad idea. If they keep up the shit-hot promo videos, they give people another reason to buy WrestleMania. It also makes him seem like a big deal. Has anyone ever debuted at WrestleMania? That's quite a promotional tool. I can't think of a worthy opponent though.

• Paid Members

Id love that at mania, it breaks the standard mold a bit, they are looking for a new Rey, here he is, let him debut at Mania, instant star, especially if he goes over. I understand the whole 'lost in shuffle', but to be honest its already going to be like that for half of the matches on the card anyway, due to the spoilers that i wont go in to. Lots of big names, matches and stips though.

I dont think its going to matter what you do with the undercard, it should be a place to showcase new stars (not new wrestlers).. but new STARS. Its obvious they want him to be massive, give him a mania spot.

As a fan im bound to be entertained.

I doubt it will happen like.

• Paid Members
Has anyone ever debuted at WrestleMania?

Quite a few, though not many who carried on wrestling.

There's the various non-wrestlers: Mr T, Lawrence Taylor, Butterbean, Floyd Mayweather. T is the only one who "wrestled" again, and that was another Mania.

It's possible some of the midgets at WM3 were first timers.

Heenan at WM4 may have been his in-ring debut for WWF.

Tenyru and Kitao at WM7 (Tenryu later worked a Rumble)

Sable at WM14 is the best example on the list.

I'd have him debut here. If they're putting highlight packages stating how much of a big deal he is, it'd make him seem like a truly big deal if his first appearance is at Mania and not the RAW after it. And given WWE make most of their money off international buy-rates, surely by placing him on the card will snag a fair few Mexican buy-rates, surely?

Just place him against Chavo in a five minute showcase at Mania, repeat the match on RAW and you're onto a win. It's not like he'll take up too much time.

Archived