Sin Cara on Wrestlemania?

ligerbomb

The promotional vignettes are very good, but as others have said, there are enough feuds, grudges and stars on Mania a newcomer, despite how good they look is likely to get lost.

If WWE wanted to do something post Mania, then I would put a big promo for Sin Cara (like the videos seen on Raw) before say the womens match but mark his debut date as Backlash (or whatever it's called now). Give it a little boost and give him even more time for fans to wet there beaks.

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The promotional vignettes are very good, but as others have said, there are enough feuds, grudges and stars on Mania a newcomer, despite how good they look is likely to get lost.

If WWE wanted to do something post Mania, then I would put a big promo for Sin Cara (like the videos seen on Raw) before say the womens match but mark his debut date as Backlash (or whatever it's called now). Give it a little boost and give him even more time for fans to wet there beaks.

the next ppv is Extreme Rules :( I miss Backlash...

• Paid Members
Has anyone ever debuted at WrestleMania?

Here's one for you: at WrestleMania 17, all WCW wrestlers they'd signed on the day they bought the company (Lance Storm, Hugh Morrus, Sean O'Haire, Stacy Keiber, Shane Helms, Chuck Palumbo etc.) were all going to do a run in at the end of the Vince vs Shane match and give Vince a pasting. But ... Shawn Stasiak told a radio show the finish of the match the day before Mania, so they decided to pull the plug on it and have them sitting in the SkyBox instead. I remember at the time, they had strongly hinted that WCW were going to be at WrestleMania, so I thought it was odd that not only were they sitting up in the box, but nobody was even mentioned by name or shown on camera for more than 3 seconds at a funny angle.

• Paid Members
. Has anyone ever debuted at WrestleMania?

Wild Man Marc Mero at Wrestlemania 12? A backstage interview, I believe. And Sable, as Hunter's valet.

Don't forget Nathan Jones!

I expect Sin Cara to debut on the RAW following Wrestlemania. That's not to say he won't work the Smackdown brand, but I suspect they might keep Mysterio and he on seperate brands to try and get a Hispanic rating demographic on both shows. Yeah, it didn't work with Mysterio before, but the Mexican press coverage of Sin Cara's WWE signing might mean we're looking at a different situation this time round.

• Paid Members
Has anyone ever debuted at WrestleMania?

Here's one for you: at WrestleMania 17, all WCW wrestlers they'd signed on the day they bought the company (Lance Storm, Hugh Morrus, Sean O'Haire, Stacy Keiber, Shane Helms, Chuck Palumbo etc.) were all going to do a run in at the end of the Vince vs Shane match and give Vince a pasting. But ... Shawn Stasiak told a radio show the finish of the match the day before Mania, so they decided to pull the plug on it and have them sitting in the SkyBox instead. I remember at the time, they had strongly hinted that WCW were going to be at WrestleMania, so I thought it was odd that not only were they sitting up in the box, but nobody was even mentioned by name or shown on camera for more than 3 seconds at a funny angle.

Thats some interesting crack, i never knew any of that.

Planet Stasiak... what a crank

Speaking of Sin Cara, something incredibly stupid (or funny, if you're into laughing at stupid decisions by television networks) happened when RAW aired in Mexico. What is that you might ask? Well, the great Sin Cara vignette from RAW was edited out of the Mexican TV broadcast. :)

• Paid Members

Didn't The Headbangers debut at Wrestlemania 13? (As The Headbangers anyway).

And am i wrong in thinking Big Show may have debuted (match-wise) at Wrestlemania 15? Did he have an actual match in the time between St.Valentines Day Massacre and Wrestlemania on Raw at all?

I'm saying it now:

Sin Cara vs Prince Devitt to headline a Mania by WM 30.

Unless this was meant ironically I'm amazed nobody has seized upon it and started banging on about workrate perverts. Pleasantly surprised but surprised nonetheless.

• Paid Members

I've no real idea how they'd pull it off, except that it would have to be done backstage later in the show rather than immediately after the match, but think how cool it would be if they officially make Rey vs Cody at Mania an 'unmasking' match, Rey loses, then Cody goes to unmask him and it's Sin Cara underneath.

It would be a little contrived, but they could have it shot from the back, in a darkened room, with 'Rey' sitting on a bench, back to camera, head down, contemplating his fate. Cody comes in, paces the room bragging, gives 'Rey' the occasional pat on the head, teases the unmasking for a while, then finally rips it off, revealing Sin Cara's mask underneath, who proceeds to give him a good beating. Could then develop into a good first feud for Sin Cara, either in place of, or alongside Rey, fighting against a guy who dared risk the sanctity of the mask and the lucha's secret identity.

Rey would have to wear a mask that covers all the back of his head for the show, of course, but given his now-traditional Wrestlemania specials that shouldn't be too much of a stretch.

Archived