Sin Cara on Wrestlemania?

ligerbomb

• Paid Members
I've no real idea how they'd pull it off, except that it would have to be done backstage later in the show rather than immediately after the match, but think how cool it would be if they officially make Rey vs Cody at Mania an 'unmasking' match, Rey loses, then Cody goes to unmask him and it's Sin Cara underneath.

It would be a little contrived, but they could have it shot from the back, in a darkened room, with 'Rey' sitting on a bench, back to camera, head down, contemplating his fate. Cody comes in, paces the room bragging, gives 'Rey' the occasional pat on the head, teases the unmasking for a while, then finally rips it off, revealing Sin Cara's mask underneath, who proceeds to give him a good beating. Could then develop into a good first feud for Sin Cara, either in place of, or alongside Rey, fighting against a guy who dared risk the sanctity of the mask and the lucha's secret identity.

Rey would have to wear a mask that covers all the back of his head for the show, of course, but given his now-traditional Wrestlemania specials that shouldn't be too much of a stretch.

I like it. When I read that first paragraph though my immediate thought was "Does he mean pull the switcheroo in the middle of the match?!" Weirdly, I remember some similar suggestions regarding Ultimo Dragon's debut when he arrived in 03. The way you described it would accomplish two things, it would make a for a great way for Sin Cara to debut and it would also give him a good feud to enter in the coming couple of months. For good measure, I'd say Cara should beat down Rhodes to the ring and show off some of his stuff in the mean time. It'd be sure to pop the crowd big time.

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Archived