1PW - The Last Stand [28/05/2011]

1PW

• Replies 422
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

I do agree with a lot of what's been written here. It's blatantly obvious that many tickets were never sent out at all and was so depressing to see big names drop by the wayside with no official announcement. There are many issues that need to be sorted on that front.

But on a more positive note, I attended the show with two mates, none of which had attended an indy show outside of North West Wales which have been peppered with 'tributes', or ran by the late Orig Williams.

I knew some names on the card by playing Extreme Warfare and games of the like, but had never seen them wrestle. But what we got was an absoloute treat of Wrestling, and was amazed by the standard of the British Wrestlers on show.

We'd never have gone apart from me ordering tickets months ago when I heard the Band were coming over.

What i'm trying to say is that BritWres has gained three fans on the basis of Saturday alone, and my mate has already been buying DVD's off the website and wants to go to the Shawn Michaels show now.

From what I saw during the Q+A, meeting Nash and Road Dogg and the show itself, it was a big success. If it was only ran more professionally, things would be a whole lot better.

Rodd is by far THE WORST. In any business if something fucks up the man in charge is to blame. Anybody who tries to defend that is an idiot.

Did anybody think anybody could top Gauntleys mistakes? The answer to this is simple enough...NO. 1PW needs to die and quick. It's a absolute parasite to the business. Rodd just jumped into the ship and tried to run a 'big company' with no experience and it totally shows. Its embarresing. Kris Sprules would had done a better job.

Sadly, I'm not sure you're right here. Yes, Danny has fucked up, but I don't think he's done anything as bad as declaring bankruptcy, only to announce that 1PW have been "saved" at the last minute by a top secret backer. But not before another company took on the Great Muta booking and yet another company took the hit on the Will Not Die show by honouring tickets and putting together a card. I'm pretty sure what they did there was fraud. Speaking of fraud, to my knowledge, Danny has never taken money out of previous customers' PayPal accounts, which I'm sure is something that came out on the old 1PW boards.

This is not to defend Rodd, but even if he was sat in his evil arm chair stroking his cat, watching hundreds of people queue up at a shop in Swindon on a hidden CCTV cam, laughing uncontrolably while Road Dog poured him wine, he would still not come close to Gauntley.

No worries Hyperion. If you are struggling getting questions answered on future events please pm me here or on Facebook and I will do my very best to help you, Stunstone etc. Anyone got any pictures from the show ?

Thanks. And hopefully this link works, its to Fludders album which he usually shares Last Stand Pics

yeh help yourself, Fridays pics are on too.

You know I was really gutted about the show. 3 out of 10 imports no problem I can live with that but no bar? epic fail! haha.

I dont understand why the number has be specific Hyperion. I think the point Ross is getting across is more often than not the negativity that is highlighted on the show comes from people who were not there.

Can't the same be said for the weekly stuff that TNA & WWE put out though?

Desmond Wolfe training seminar cancelled !

"Due to a burst water mains. we will not be able to do the Desmond Wolfe Training Seminar this weekend. the issue may be fixed by Friday but there is zero guarantee for this and i do not want people turning up, only to be turned away on Saturday if its still not fixed. sorry guys :("

Archived