1PW - The Last Stand [28/05/2011]

1PW

I've not read through the whole thread, but from skim reading through the posts on the last page I suspect 1PW has had another clusterfuck where it has probably started nearly an hour late, finished at 2 in the morning, and not paid anyone that's not appeared on WWE television programming.

I typed that joking, and have realised that potentially all of the above could be true!

Regardless, its clear there's been another balls up and it strikes me that the only way to stop these fiascos is for the British wrestlers to take the moral high ground and say no to bookings from these guys or people connected with the "running" of the shows (as I suspect a future resurrection will see the connected parties facing the promotion but getting their strings pulled by the 'real' promoter).

It's a tough one for the British wrestlers as the idea of appearing with name stars from across the pond must be painfully attractive, so much so they probably don't mind not getting a cash wage so long as they get a match on the same show as, or possibly against, a former WWE performer.

However, it sucks for Joe Public and it indirectly sucks for other promoters who will get tarred with the same brush and have suspicion cast upon them by potential punters and overseas workers.

• Replies 422
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The biggest problem i have with the whole 1PW thing is this.....

British Wrestling struggles in the shadows in British society and culture as it is... we sometimes forget that the people who post in this forum are only probably 1% of the general population in the UK that are into some form of wrestling... albeit probably WWE/TNA.

So if we pick a general fan who loved wrestling as a kid growing up in the 90's and watches WWE occassionally these days... he lives in Swindon. He hears down the grapevine thats X-Pac, Billy Gunn, Kevin Nash and Road Dogg are coming to his home town for a wrestling show, this really sparks his interest even though he has never been to a live wrestling event before. He knows nothing about 1PW, their history or anything but in his own mind must think woah they are bringing over these guys they must be a pretty big professional promotion, he buys tickets online... signs up to 1pw facebook page and within a few months leading up to the show he starts hearing rumours of people not coming, wrestlers coming out on twitter calling 1pw a bunch of conmen, then weeks before the show, he has still not recieved his tickets, no matches have been announced, within a few days of the show tickets have still not arrived, he has no idea who is wrestling on the show or any details for it, he finds out sundays show has been cancelled, he asks for a refund on his tickets because he is worried he will lose his money but has still not heard nothing even after the show.

Would he put his faith in buying tickets for a 1pw show in the future? definitely not. Would he put his faith in going to another BRITISH wrestling show or promotion? probably not.

1PW business model and professionalism is not only massively hurting their own company and its brand, but diminishing any hope of the British wrestling community reaching out to new markets and people.

If people are treated rubbish by one bad company unfortunately in society most of the time, the whole scene will get tarred with the same brush.

Its such a shame.

Yes I had this experience prior to the show on Saturday. Did they put on a good show? Yes. Would I go to another 1PW show? Yes. It may not have been the best show as regards to organisation, but credit where credit's due, the show it self was really good. If you believed everything that was written on this forum, you'd never go to a show. Well done to Danny and the rest of the 1PW team.

If you believed everything that was written on this forum, you'd never go to a show.

That's nonsense, 80% of the feds advertising here are praised and people feel confident in going to their shows. Its not like this forum is full of lies designed to destroy British Wrestling is it. You're more likely to get the truth on here than from a dodgy promoter. Here is the only place that the truth regarding many of the imports not coming got reported and it was all true, the UKFF isn't the villain of the piece, its wrestling fans informing each other of news and watching each others backs in these situations.

If you believed everything that was written on this forum, you'd never go to a show.

That's nonsense, 80% of the feds advertising here are praised and people feel confident in going to their shows. Its not like this forum is full of lies designed to destroy British Wrestling is it. You're more likely to get the truth on here than from a dodgy promoter. Here is the only place that the truth regarding many of the imports not coming got reported and it was all true, the UKFF isn't the villain of the piece, its wrestling fans informing each other of news and watching each others backs in these situations.

Not so sure about that bit but at least a half truth ;)

I totally get where people are coming from I really do and I hope that has come across in my previous posts. What I would say is I appreciate everyone who has offered their constructive criticism on here.

The bottom line is when 1PW fucks up as it has in the past it has to learn to die on its sword. As mentioned before things need to change and change rapidly in order to move forward.

Ant with regard to wrestlers not taking work...it aint going to happen. people will work for the devil as long as there getting paid and getting the opportunity to work (and as far as im aware everyone got paid) and showcase what they got. Morals and wrestling dont mix and neither do wrestlers with any business sense.

The biggest problem i have with the whole 1PW thing is this.....

British Wrestling struggles in the shadows in British society and culture as it is... we sometimes forget that the people who post in this forum are only probably 1% of the general population in the UK that are into some form of wrestling... albeit probably WWE/TNA.

So if we pick a general fan who loved wrestling as a kid growing up in the 90's and watches WWE occassionally these days... he lives in Swindon. He hears down the grapevine thats X-Pac, Billy Gunn, Kevin Nash and Road Dogg are coming to his home town for a wrestling show, this really sparks his interest even though he has never been to a live wrestling event before. He knows nothing about 1PW, their history or anything but in his own mind must think woah they are bringing over these guys they must be a pretty big professional promotion, he buys tickets online... signs up to 1pw facebook page and within a few months leading up to the show he starts hearing rumours of people not coming, wrestlers coming out on twitter calling 1pw a bunch of conmen, then weeks before the show, he has still not recieved his tickets, no matches have been announced, within a few days of the show tickets have still not arrived, he has no idea who is wrestling on the show or any details for it, he finds out sundays show has been cancelled, he asks for a refund on his tickets because he is worried he will lose his money but has still not heard nothing even after the show.

Would he put his faith in buying tickets for a 1pw show in the future? definitely not. Would he put his faith in going to another BRITISH wrestling show or promotion? probably not.

1PW business model and professionalism is not only massively hurting their own company and its brand, but diminishing any hope of the British wrestling community reaching out to new markets and people.

If people are treated rubbish by one bad company unfortunately in society most of the time, the whole scene will get tarred with the same brush.

Its such a shame.

Yes I had this experience prior to the show on Saturday. Did they put on a good show? Yes. Would I go to another 1PW show? Yes. It may not have been the best show as regards to organisation, but credit where credit's due, the show it self was really good. If you believed everything that was written on this forum, you'd never go to a show. Well done to Danny and the rest of the 1PW team.

Ok, clearly you have not read my post properly, firstly i state that ukff.com is a minute percentage of the wrestling fan demographic in the uk, and i notice you are a regular poster on here.... my point was derved from the fact of someone who had never been to a uk wrestling show before and didnt know much about the British wrestling scene, you clearly do due to your post count.

Secondly was 1pw the last stand your first ever wrestling show?

Wrestlers and morals....

Wrestler and business.... These don't mix???

Please shut up, just because you'll work for any man and his dog and don't understand that in the long run 1PW is causing more harm to the british wrestling industry than any PTW or WWA show. Please don't assume there aren't PROFESSIONAL wrestlers that would rather sit at home on a weekend than help 1PW destory what a lot of people have spend years trying to build back up.

You want to to know who told me that Mickey my tag team partner Keith Myatt, you know the guy who has over 25 years of wrestling behind him. Obviously he has seen and done fuck all in British wrestling so I guess your right and hes wrong....top one.

Who's he ever beat? He's just a fat old pensioner who works at Tescos during the week and has "a laugh with the boys" pretending to fight in his shirt and pants at the weekend. He's not John Morrison is he? He isnt even Bushwhacker Butch. The old prick is such a mark he used to "do security" (i.e. stand there doing nothing while getting his fat face on DVDs) for about

You want to to know who told me that Mickey my tag team partner Keith Myatt, you know the guy who has over 25 years of wrestling behind him. Obviously he has seen and done fuck all in British wrestling so I guess your right and hes wrong....top one.

Who's he ever beat? He's just a fat old pensioner who works at Tescos during the week and has "a laugh with the boys" pretending to fight in his shirt and pants at the weekend. He's not John Morrison is he? He isnt even Bushwhacker Butch.

Who said he was?

Are you trying to be funny, or are you trying to be a cock? Because you're failing at one of them pretty badly right now.

Havent you got another zinger of a joke based on a retarded username that was given to you because your such a bore? Go on. It never gets old when you when crack jokes about the shit username you had no control over obtaining like some sort of gimmick you've made up.

Archived