1PW - The Last Stand [28/05/2011]

1PW

• Replies 422
  • Created
  • Last Reply
never a good decision to run a show when champions league finals on id say

looks like that was their biggest problem with tonights show... i know they had to cancel tomorrows but surly tonights would have done better on either friday or tomorrow.

I can only imagine alot of the problems their name, if sloan had put on the same show he'd have sold it out, even with ddp x-pac and hall pulling out and billy gun getting sent home. They will have to run well for a very long time before they're trusted enough to get decent presales.

And even if they manage that month on month for ages, they'll still get dog abuse on here from a fair few.

I'd quite like to see em do it, but with the name what it is, and keyboard warriors being what they are, I just can't see it.

• Paid Members
never a good decision to run a show when champions league finals on id say

looks like that was their biggest problem with tonights show... i know they had to cancel tomorrows but surly tonights would have done better on either friday or tomorrow.

Yeah, I reckon so too.

Even though i'm not a Man Utd fan whatsoever, I was checking livescore on my phone every 5 mins.

Seeing as most of North Wales are Liverpool or United fans, it's inevitable they had a vested interest in what has now become the biggest game of the year.

I can only use my regular company as an exampke, but NEWS drew around 250 on Friday night with mainly the regular roster, plus Pac and Bingo Ballance. However their promoter works incredibly hard to promote his events, postering, flyering, standing in the town centre with a championship belt and tickets to attract interest, etc, and a year into the project he is reaping the rewards for all that hard work. Hats off to Fye.

I only know what I've read on here about 1PW, but as an unbiased outsider it seems that once you've garnered a bad reputation then no matter how hard you try you will never ever lose it. Or does their management rely too much on Internet promotion and word of mouth, rather than getting out there and grafting?

The main rule in business promotion is never to give anyone any excuse not to like you, unfortunately 1pw have done that too many times it seems.

Postive reviews will reach 10 people

Negative reviews will reach 50

250 people with Nash etc will be a dissapointment when you look at some other companies attendences recently with only UK talent.... NBW Southside pulled 250 back in feb and from what i hear are selling well for today

The main rule in business promotion is never to give anyone any excuse not to like you, unfortunately 1pw have done that too many times it seems.

Postive reviews will reach 10 people

Negative reviews will reach 50

250 people with Nash etc will be a dissapointment when you look at some other companies attendences recently with only UK talent.... NBW Southside pulled 250 back in feb and from what i hear are selling well for today

250 is a far cry from the 1800 they used to get in. And with a lineup like they had this weekend they should really be looking for high hundred attendences. It raises a few questions in my mind, firstly is it possible to sell out 1800 again and i dont mean as 1pw as those days are long gone, But with WWE over twice a year TNA over once, sloan putting a weekend a year on. Plus local indies after peoples money and bringing in imports from time to time. Its a tough time to promote.

Hope the shows later on will behave more people through the door, who knows? It does however seem now that most of the old fanbase is gone.

enjoyed both nights

but in my opinion fri nigt was the better of the two

kid kash played an excellent heel(his better match the triple threat on Sat night)

im sure Noam is sore today - ouch

in a very odd way the location on Fri night worked better ,

great to say Bad Bones in action - wish it would have been falls count anywhere match,

but we cant have it all !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

but all in all i have to say thks 1pw for putting on 2 great shows - shame they didnt draw a bigger crowd for u !!!!

After everything that has happened on top of what was fairly or unfairly an already pretty poor reputation I find it funny that people think a football match was the reason they had a poor attendance.

All things considered looks a decent show though. Glad I didn't go as it would have been too far for how the card ended up but would have been alright if it was local and turned up on the day with no expectations.

kid kash played an excellent heel(his better match the triple threat on Sat night)

I know a lot of people don't like him but every time I've seen him play the heel he has been superb and really got under people's skin. I wish IPW would use him at Sittingboune.

I know a lot of people don't like him but every time I've seen him play the heel he has been superb and really got under people's skin. I wish IPW would use him at Sittingboune.

I don't think anyone is in doubt that he is a good heel but i think most people don't like him as he tends to take the act too far pretty regularly which normally involves a physical confrontation with an audience member

I don't think anyone is in doubt that he is a good heel but i think most people don't like him as he tends to take the act too far pretty regularly which normally involves a physical confrontation with an audience member

And this happend when , he threw NOAM the lap of a man who wasn't expecting it .....

I will happily conceed to you on this point. :)

It's a real shame. I think he just gets caught up in the moment. I'm sure there are plenty of fans that would think it's cool to be on the recieving end of it, unfortunately he never seems to do it to them.

The first time I saw him live was when he did an RQW show at The York Hall, Bethnal Green. He was part of an four man elimination match and wasn't playing the heel. You could see how much he was enjoying the match. If he could just get that level when playing the heel he would be brilliant.

The reason I said people don't like him is usually I just get "he's shit" (as a worker) as a response which I disagree with. I've never seen him just phone a match in and not gone out to entertain, even when he does go too far.

Archived