WCW vs. nWo Thread

Carbomb

It's the same thing?

He's scummy for not reading the rules and breaking them.

He's still scummy, despite the fact he has now read the rules, and has yet threatened to claim fully when at L-1, and changing his avatar to STING in an attempt to back up his claim.

So now, regardless of what role and alignment I was given before my first post, you've decided a genuine mistake I made automatically overrides the Mod's role PM and makes me scum? Yeah righto.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

I still believe Sting will be a third party in this game because of the nWo era history and due to the mod asking for us not to name claim for this very reason that the game is set up around this period. Therefore FG claiming he is Sting and not backing down from it means that more than likely he IS Sting and in my mind Third Party, therefore anti town. Thus my vote stays there.

• Paid Members
I still believe Sting will be a third party in this game because of the nWo era history and due to the mod asking for us not to name claim for this very reason that the game is set up around this period. Therefore FG claiming he is Sting and not backing down from it means that more than likely he IS Sting and in my mind Third Party, therefore anti town. Thus my vote stays there.

Since it's been stated this game is based on a specific era of WCW, Sting would be with WCW as "Team WCW" or whatever it was. And even if Sting was in his "free agent" period (or 3rd party in our case) he's still with WCW. I'm willing to accept he might be 3rd party as well as WCW. I really don't think he's NWO though.

• Paid Members
Am I the only person to remember these posts from the sign up thread? He said he was going to be Sting, then made the claim. It looked like a joke which kinda bit him on the arse.

No, because I pointed this out earlier!

The problem I now have is that FG is painting it as true. If it genuinely is true then fair enough - I don't know whether this benefits the town in you doing this, but fair enough.

My other concern is that as someone suggested it was a calculated attempt to make the "real" Sting come out and say "Hey, Family Guy isn't Sting, I am!" In this case Family Guy could potentially have said "look, I was joking - look at the debate I had pre-game" and the scum would have known a potentially strong WCW role to take out asap.

Which brings me to say if there IS another Sting, well you can't roleclaim anyway but please DO NOT hint that you are Sting, giving your role away. The longer this debate goes on the more concerned I feel about this happening.

That said, I am still dead against a Family Guy lynch today. There's no point killing him "just to see if he's telling the truth" because then you're potentially taking out a strong, pro-WCW role. He might be scum, but it just isn't worth the risk for me.

• Paid Members

Vote: Nexus

Really not comfortable with the way Nexus is playing. Family Guy is raising questions, definitely, but there are two questions involved - is he telling the truth, and is Sting WCW? Now, I've got my own questions (not least why he felt the need to clarify 'WCW Sting', which suggests to me that there are two - which realistically, the fake Sting would be more likely to know), but I don't know yet.

Nexus has jumped straight in, practically brandishing a burning cross. Bear in mind that mistakes can happen from the town side - I did so myself a while ago in the Cluedo game. And instead of questioning that, he's jumping straight onto someone at the first suggestion that there might be the chance of a lynch.

• Paid Members
Lion Of The Midlands

Snake Plissken

tom

Soap McTavish

Ron Simmons

Chris B

Family Guy PMSL

Top Man Shopper

SMS

TripleA

bristep123

Nexus

BigJag

Adam619

brownie

spotlightmagnet1

unfitfinlay

El Nicko Loco

On another note, and to hopefully nip this in the bud early, here's the player list. Some people have hardly posted, and you always have to be wary of coasters. It kind of ruins the ideaof "scum hunting" if you can't hunt some of the potential scum.

spotlightmagnet1 hasn't posted at all yet, and brownie and Soap McTavish have one post to their names, both in the RVS stage. There are others who have only posted once, such as unfitfinlay, but at least he shared an opinion in that single post.

So, I'm going to invite spotlightmagnet1, Soap McTavish and brownie to share their opinions of the game so far. If you're a low poster who I haven't named, feel free to answer the question too - unfitfinlay, would you like to elaborate on your earlier post? Have your opinions moved on?

Also, Big Jag, I'm worried you've been scared off posting after your early faux-pas. Don't feel afraid to post in the game. I'd like to ask you your opinions of the game so far too.

Nexus has three votes now then? I understand there is an aggressive tone to this game insofar as we are trying to weed out the scum, but he seems to have taken it quite far considering we are only in the preliminary stages. I voted for him for flimsy reasons, but I think I'm beginning to become even warmer to the idea of lynching him.

Where's brownie as well, I always enjoy his insights.

Adam619, unfitfinlay, you guys popped up earlier in the thread, how do you feel about the way the game has developed?

We should however remember it is a weekend, some people may find it easier to post during the week

• Paid Members
We should however remember it is a weekend, some people may find it easier to post during the week

True, the game has been unusually fast moving, I guess it just seems as though it's lasted longer than it actually has.

We should still keep an eye on the coasters though. It's frustrating when someone hides away and puts a damper on scum hunting.

OK, my general view is I have no idea where to go with what we've got thus far. So I can really only vote for the guy who voted for me, but I'm not that petty.

The Sting stuff to me sounds like some kind of distraction, but I can't tell if he's doing it as a throwaway line to incite the game or if he really is masquerading as one of the scum. Then again, the NWO's first trick was talking about Sting as a member of the NWO and getting WCW to mistrust him, so... I don't know. I'll post some more later tonight.

• Paid Members
I've been keeping an eye on things. Not sure if you guys have been actually playing or discussing the nuances of the game. Has anyone been lynched yet?

Well, discussing what people say is part of the game.

As far as the lynch system goes, once a majority decision is reached we lynch. In this case it takes 10 votes to lynch and although I haven't been keeping track I suspect that we're nowhere near reaching a point where we're likely to have a lynch anytime soon - which is good - the longer we have to discuss our next move the better our chance of hitting scum (well, in theory) or at least uncovering them later in the stage. Something which may seem irrelevant now may become relevant later when we read back.

So yeah, hope that helps.

The way Nexus has been playing is feels scummy to me but but I still warry of Family Guy claim to be Sting but if he is Sting and the NWO fear him they will kill him during the night. No-one else has stuck out to me but i'm not a fan of rushing stuff so I won't be voting yet.

Archived