WCW vs. nWo Thread

Carbomb

• Paid Members
A lumbering oaf? Classy.

I'm not happy with the way El Nicko has started namecalling, and trying to start a wagon, so

Vote El Nicko Loco

As I said, 'twas all in good jest. Take it anyway you want to though.

As for starting a bangwagon though, I wouldn't say that's a fair comment. Can you blame one for thinking there's a great deal of mystery surrounding you?

You based your argument on calling me an oaf, and essentially making out I'm a liability. That's something I take offense to, and find it scummy that you used it to disguise the fact you're worried about the 'mystery' surrounding me. I think the reason you're worried is you know I'm not scum, therefore you've made a calculated assumption I'm valuable to the town, and by proxy a danger to the scum.

There's a hint of rolefishing here as well, with all this talk of mystery. Hoping I'll clear it all up for you? You're not getting any answers about my role until absolutely necessary, when I believe it's in the best interests of the town to know, which isn't at the start of the first day.

Since Sting is obviously a power role, based on the set-up, why did you roleclaim? I think it's a bit rich to say 'I've got a power role' and then complain about rolefishing.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members
I am prepared to leave him for today, see if scum fear him enough to nightkill him, whilst we concentrate on looking for what we know we need to find (Hogan, Nash & Hall).

Does that tactic ever work? The scum just leave them overnight, so they look more guilty.

• Paid Members
I am prepared to leave him for today, see if scum fear him enough to nightkill him, whilst we concentrate on looking for what we know we need to find (Hogan, Nash & Hall).

Does that tactic ever work? The scum just leave them overnight, so they look more guilty.

It's a difficult one because he actually can't win, I guess it really shows the danger of roleclaiming, even if it's not intentional (which this may or may not be) and hopefully stop anyone else from repeating the mistake so the game doesn't become a confused mess. What FG said is still relevant, just why though we can't be sure.

It'd be good to hear from some of the people who are yet to post to get general opinions so far. It's been quite a dramatic start to the game, so someone's bound to think something worth posting.

• Paid Members
You know what I'm thinking now? I'm thinking Family GuyPMSL was TOLD to make the Sting claim early, thus causing confusion and to make it look like a way to stir the pot up a bit. That's not a complaint by the way, it could even be a genuine error on his part for all I know.

I stand by my vote though. Current suspicions are telling me he's in on the nWo act. If he is infact WCW Sting after all though...we can't have such a lumbering oaf like family guy in the towns ranks acting like that.

So by saying that we can't have an oaf like Family Guy in the town ranks are you saying your WCW and not NWO?

Or am I trying to integrate with the town? A gentleman never tells.

I'm not a fan of this line, El Nicko just seems intent on hazing the lines of who he's actually aligned to. Just seems a strange way to play IMO.

• Paid Members

It does seem a strange way to play but it is his first game I think. Not defending him, just making an observation.

I think SMS may have been right about FGMPSL possibly being a miller. It fits with the Sting character, no one knew which side Sting was on.

I hate agreeing with SMS its not natural

Like CHris B I wasn't going to but /in and lets get the Policy Lynch on Triple A underway now...

BTW Im only playing if im Sting.

That's all well and good Snake, but as I have already decided (in my own head) that I am Sting, who are you going to be?

In fact FG Ive had a better Idea, I'll be Todd Champion and you be Firebreaker Chip? We can be the Patriots WCW's special forces to sort out these scummers.

That's a pretty good idea, but here's a better one: I'll be Sting, and you can be someone else.

EDIT: I'm will to make a concession, I'll let you be Sting, if I can be Macho Man Randy Savage.

Am I the only person to remember these posts from the sign up thread? He said he was going to be Sting, then made the claim. It looked like a joke which kinda bit him on the arse. Because of that he's now ultra defensive and OMGUS'ing people who making something out of it, I think that's more telling than anything else.

• Paid Members
Apologies Carbomb, I was under the impression from the sign up thread you'd amended your rule on the names to put it to our discretion.

Bristep, this rather suggests that it wasn't a joke. I'd remembered that talk, but not thought it had anything to do with it because of this quote.

Apologies Carbomb, I was under the impression from the sign up thread you'd amended your rule on the names to put it to our discretion.

Bristep, this rather suggests that it wasn't a joke. I'd remembered that talk, but not thought it had anything to do with it because of this quote.

True, could be that he thought telling people it was a joke might have made it worse and chose to lie instead thinking it was the lesser of two evils. Whatever it is he's made sure the game starts off with a bang.

If memory serves no one knew Stings alignment at the beginning of the nWo thing which is why we got the Crow character. Until he joined the Wolfpac so he's either scum or third party if the storyline is to be followed? Either way I think we may have found our first lynch. Just remember Lawz and that took 3 game days to sort out.

It's completely different to the Lawz situation. He came into a game where the objective was to find The Daltons, and said 'Hi, I'm Emmett Dalton'.

We're hunting Hogan, Hall, Nash and at a push maybe Savage or X-Pac. You're not hunting Sting, I guarantee.

If memory serves no one knew Stings alignment at the beginning of the nWo thing which is why we got the Crow character. Until he joined the Wolfpac so he's either scum or third party if the storyline is to be followed? Either way I think we may have found our first lynch. Just remember Lawz and that took 3 game days to sort out.

It's completely different to the Lawz situation. He came into a game where the objective was to find The Daltons, and said 'Hi, I'm Emmett Dalton'.

We're hunting Hogan, Hall, Nash and at a push maybe Savage or X-Pac. You're not hunting Sting, I guarantee.

FG joking about getting Sting in the pre-game thread then actually getting Sting in the game is a big co-incidence.

Also it's not just about alignment FG, Carbomb has also alluded to the roles being based around flavour too so if you claim Sting, that makes people start wondering what type of role you might have. After all Sting was a pivotal part of the storyline, so there's no way he could be vanilla right?

If we lynch FG today I think we've only got a 50/50 chance of him flipping scum. Because while this Sting claim has thrown the game up in the air it's so chocked full of WIFOM that it makes the game go round in circles. It could be that he is scum, and that it was deliberate. It could just as easily be that it was just a move made without thought, and the scum are somewhere out there gloating that they've been handed their first lynch on a plate.

FG joking about getting Sting in the pre-game thread then actually getting Sting in the game is a big co-incidence.

Also it's not just about alignment FG, Carbomb has also alluded to the roles being based around flavour too so if you claim Sting, that makes people start wondering what type of role you might have. After all Sting was a pivotal part of the storyline, so there's no way he could be vanilla right?

If we lynch FG today I think we've only got a 50/50 chance of him flipping scum. Because while this Sting claim has thrown the game up in the air it's so chocked full of WIFOM that it makes the game go round in circles. It could be that he is scum, and that it was deliberate. It could just as easily be that it was just a move made without thought, and the scum are somewhere out there gloating that they've been handed their first lynch on a plate.

It's not a coincidence, Carbomb said the roles weren't assigned randomly.

It's not a coincidence, Carbomb said the roles weren't assigned randomly.

No, the ROLES were assigned using flavour based on the CHARACTERS

The CHARACTERS were assigned randomly.

Reading for comprehension. Try it sometime.

2. I will decide who's who. My decision is final. Snake, for the purposes of engineering what I think will make a good game, I shall assign some roles randomly, and some to players whom I feel will have an effect on the game one way or the other.

From the sign up thread. Not being so snide, try it sometime.

2. I will decide who's who. My decision is final. Snake, for the purposes of engineering what I think will make a good game, I shall assign some roles randomly, and some to players whom I feel will have an effect on the game one way or the other.

From the sign up thread. Not being so snide, try it sometime.

Fair enough, I'm big enough to take that. I missed that one, sorry FG.

With that said, you've shot down the reason for me defending you so why should I now not vote for you?

If you are a town player, and your statement was deliberate, what did you hope to gain from just blurting out a name claim?

Archived