WCW vs. nWo Thread

Carbomb

• Paid Members

We have to keep in mind, the NWO will now be expecting us to think they'll off Sting. So let's not all go crazy and start chucking accusations and votes about in the next phase if Sting survives.

At the minute Nexus is sticking out as the most scummy player right now. He seemed really adamant to get Family Guy lynched, even going as far as trying to kick off a wagon with 2 (at the time) random votes on Sting alongside his. Kept changing reasons for it (none of them any good) and then when repeatedly questioned, falsely backed out of the argument. I say falsely because he said he'd lynch someone else, then carried on going on about Sting. Probably so when Sting does get lynched or nightkilled, he can go back and say "here look, I said let's lynch someone else".

I don't think a vote is necessary right now, but I've got my eye on him.

Another person i'm wary of is BigJag. I know he's new to the game, but for someone who I assume has watched progress in previous games, I don't get how he can not know if a lynch has happened or not, or how the lynching process works. I was willing to let the edit slide, but maybe he's playing ignorant to try and fool us a bit?

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

I'm still not convinced about Family Guy but the way Nexus is playing just screams "scum" to me. His reasons for pushing to lynch someone who could well be a powerful player just don't hold water: "We should lynch him just to clear up the confusion", "If you were town, you'd have read the rules" etc.

Family Guy could well be scum but Nexus is looking by far the most likely at the moment.

• Paid Members

I'm unsure of Nexus and that feeling is growing. He seems dead-set on lynching Family Guy either just out of spite or maybe because he's scum and has been told to push for an early lynch to get town numbers down. Or does it run deeper and actually he is NWO Sting himself, and when it turns out FGPMSL was nothing after a lynch, he can pull "well I'm not NWO Sting as I eagerly wanted to hunt that character"

We have to keep in mind, the NWO will now be expecting us to think they'll off Sting. So let's not all go crazy and start chucking accusations and votes about in the next phase if Sting survives.

At the minute Nexus is sticking out as the most scummy player right now. He seemed really adamant to get Family Guy lynched, even going as far as trying to kick off a wagon with 2 (at the time) random votes on Sting alongside his. Kept changing reasons for it (none of them any good) and then when repeatedly questioned, falsely backed out of the argument. I say falsely because he said he'd lynch someone else, then carried on going on about Sting. Probably so when Sting does get lynched or nightkilled, he can go back and say "here look, I said let's lynch someone else".

Another person i'm wary of is BigJag. I know he's new to the game, but for someone who I assume has watched progress in previous games, I don't get how he can not know if a lynch has happened or not, or how the lynching process works. I was willing to let the edit slide, but maybe he's playing ignorant to try and fool us a bit?

That concerned me also, as how can you be paying attention and following the game as he said he is, then not know that someone hasn@t been lynched yet?

The game doesn't have that many pages, even less if you cut out the posts before Big Jags last post before that, so either you are following the game or not but don't pretend to be or you will probably end up lynched sooner than later.

Don't rush into voting anyone yet people, we have no idea how Carbomb has this game laid out, so we could make a big mistake here.

It could be something as simple as Big Jag is Big Sexy Kevin Nash or The Giant because he has Big in his forum name.

Triple A could be Double A Arn Anderson.

Lion of Midlands could be Lionheart Chris Jericho.

These are just examples, as we know some elements of this game are not random, but I think people are just jumping on to the first person or post they see that they don't like.

At this moment, I feel a vote on Nexus or the man called Sting are a waste of time, so question them if you want but all this voting seems just a bit much too soon for me.

Actually forget I said that, lets test this theory and see if there is anything to it, so sorry Big Jag but here it comes.

Vote (Clothesline): Big Jag

• Paid Members

OK, I'm going to throw one more thing into the mix here, something that maybe folks haven't thought about.

So far we have 3 (possibly) NWO members, what did the NWO do best? Recruit, although we know Nash, Hall and Hogan are the forerunning members, shouldn't we also bear in mind names that were eventually recruited to the NWO at a later stage?

Not saying this directly effects today's gameplay, but folks this has to be something to bear in mind in the, I personally see NWO growing and growing, and we need to make sure that doesn't get out of hand too.

With that in mind, I'm sure one of the NWO members powers will be to recruit into their fold, this is something we REALLY need to hit early.

OK, I'm going to throw one more thing into the mix here, something that maybe folks haven't thought about.

So far we have 3 (possibly) NWO members, what did the NWO do best? Recruit, although we know Nash, Hall and Hogan are the forerunning members, shouldn't we also bear in mind names that were eventually recruited to the NWO at a later stage?

Not saying this directly effects today's gameplay, but folks this has to be something to bear in mind in the, I personally see NWO growing and growing, and we need to make sure that doesn't get out of hand too.

With that in mind, I'm sure one of the NWO members powers will be to recruit into their fold, this is something we REALLY need to hit early.

I have already mentioned this at least twice, also the fact we might have to deal with a third party (Raven), recruiting for his flock but I can't see there being two cults.

• Paid Members

I have already mentioned this at least twice, also the fact we might have to deal with a third party (Raven), recruiting for his flock but I can't see there being two cults.

Of course the other option is of course NWO Hollywood and NWO Wolfpac, however if that were to happen, would it not be further on down the line of this game? That would be an interesting swerve, at somepoint when their numbers peak, they split and fight against themselves.

I too, am also interested in Bigjag's shocking play, it's not as if this game is the hardest to get to grips with in the world, are his initial blunders just well placed to lull us into a false sense of security?

Not sure on a vote for him yet, but we'll see how he answers.

• Paid Members

That concerned me also, as how can you be paying attention and following the game as he said he is, then not know that someone hasn@t been lynched yet?

The game doesn't have that many pages, even less if you cut out the posts before Big Jags last post before that, so either you are following the game or not but don't pretend to be or you will probably end up lynched sooner than later.

Don't rush into voting anyone yet people, we have no idea how Carbomb has this game laid out, so we could make a big mistake here.

It could be something as simple as Big Jag is Big Sexy Kevin Nash or The Giant because he has Big in his forum name.

Triple A could be Double A Arn Anderson.

Lion of Midlands could be Lionheart Chris Jericho.

These are just examples, as we know some elements of this game are not random, but I think people are just jumping on to the first person or post they see that they don't like.

At this moment, I feel a vote on Nexus or the man called Sting are a waste of time, so question them if you want but all this voting seems just a bit much too soon for me.

Actually forget I said that, lets test this theory and see if there is anything to it, so sorry Big Jag but here it comes.

Vote (Clothesline): Big Jag

Let's just gang up on the newbie, shall we?

We want to encourage new players in this thread, not put them off. I think Big Jag is just a little unsure of the way the game is played, and was probably attracted by the theme. If this "unsure" play continues then maybe, yeah, we might want to press him on it, but to do it in the first day? That's a bit out of order in my opinion.

Of course the other option is of course NWO Hollywood and NWO Wolfpac, however if that were to happen, would it not be further on down the line of this game? That would be an interesting swerve, at somepoint when their numbers peak, they split and fight against themselves.

I too, am also interested in Bigjag's shocking play, it's not as if this game is the hardest to get to grips with in the world, are his initial blunders just well placed to lull us into a false sense of security?

It is a combination of his post, as well as an idea that with him having Big in his forum name that he could be Big Sexy Kevin Nash, that has lead to my vote.

Carbomb has stated that the nWo has just formed, or at least that is the impression I get from his post, so we are looking for just 3 people at the moment.

I am guessing that the nWo can recruit anybody, but it wouldn't surprise me if there is a twist, such as the nWo can only recruit players who were part of the nWo and if they tried recruiting anyone else they would just get a message back saying that they failed to recruit anyone.

I have loads of stupid and wacky ideas and theories like this in my head at the moment but the problem is trying to come up with a strategy on how to decide which ones to use and when.

• Paid Members

How he answers what, the seemingly rhetorical questions yourself and Triple A threw at him? Honestly, what can he say to pull himself out of this? I'll ask him an actual question, that might help things out, rather than the pretty insulting questions you're asking him (which essentially read "are you deliberately playing badly?")

Calling a new player "shocking" is pretty out of line.

Big Jag, what's your understanding of the rules of the Mafia Scum game?

And have you everp played, or watched a game before?

• Paid Members

How he answers what, the seemingly rhetorical questions yourself and Triple A threw at him? Honestly, what can he say to pull himself out of this? I'll ask him an actual question, that might help things out, rather than the pretty insulting questions you're asking him (which essentially read "are you deliberately playing badly?")

Calling a new player "shocking" is pretty out of line.

Big Jag, what's your understanding of the rules of the Mafia Scum game?

And have you everp played, or watched a game before?

I'm sorry, but I'd never played before I started playing here, and I never made the BASIC mistakes he has made, however I will admit to playing dumb in my very first game to get as far into the game as possible, I was mafia too, and it worked as it helped push me to the final 3.

All I'm asking for is that Bigjag just comes forward, admits his mistakes and puts across in a sincere manner that it is MafiaScum first time nerves coming to the front.

Hence why I have no insistence of voting or having him lynched.

Ron, I would also like to counter your thoughts with one main point, DON'T be hesitant in voting for a first timer, for all we know they are scum. Everyone has to be watched at this juncture, whether new or not, no one is getting a bye to the next day phase just because we'd like more numbers playing in future games.

• Paid Members
SMS, I'd be very surprised if character names have been chosen in line with forum names.

I'm with you on this one. How could that possibly work? For example, what would you be, SMS? "STING, MAN, STING"?!

It'd just be silly and I doubt the mod would go with it.

Said I'd be back so quickly:

I think Nexus is likely to be scum. I'm gonna hold off voting at the moment, but your posts have been kinda desperate. Just the way i read them.

BigJag I don't think is scum, yet. The reason I held off posting was cause I thought the whole thread had broken down, glad to be wrong. But I'm watching TripleA, something about the way he drops little seeds of doubt and they grow among other players put me at unease. No offense.

Better.

• Paid Members
I'm sorry, but I'd never played before I started playing here, and I never made the BASIC mistakes he has made, however I will admit to playing dumb in my very first game to get as far into the game as possible, I was mafia too, and it worked as it helped push me to the final 3.

All I'm asking for is that Bigjag just comes forward, admits his mistakes and puts across in a sincere manner that it is MafiaScum first time nerves coming to the front.

Hence why I have no insistence of voting or having him lynched.

Ron, I would also like to counter your thoughts with one main point, DON'T be hesitant in voting for a first timer, for all we know they are scum. Everyone has to be watched at this juncture, whether new or not, no one is getting a bye to the next day phase just because we'd like more numbers playing in future games.

TMS, I'm not quite saying he should get a bye to the next phase, what I'm saying is rounding on him like vultures and calling him "shocking" is a surefire way of putting him off playing. What's the incentive to play a game where you're essentially being slagged off and rounded on. There's a way of saying things to a new player like Big Jag, and it isn't in the way you guys are going about it.

Archived