WCW vs. nWo Thread

Carbomb

• Paid Members
vote: FGPMSL

At least this way we'll get a straight answer.

But we risk the chance of losing a townie which would be a crap start

It could just as easily be that it was just a move made without thought, and the scum are somewhere out there gloating that they've been handed their first lynch on a plate.

I'm with bri on this one

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2. I will decide who's who. My decision is final. Snake, for the purposes of engineering what I think will make a good game, I shall assign some roles randomly, and some to players whom I feel will have an effect on the game one way or the other.

From the sign up thread. Not being so snide, try it sometime.

Fair enough, I'm big enough to take that. I missed that one, sorry FG.

With that said, you've shot down the reason for me defending you so why should I now not vote for you?

If you are a town player, and your statement was deliberate, what did you hope to gain from just blurting out a name claim?

I misunderstood the rules regarding name claiming and thought they'd been changed to be in line with how previous themed games had gone. It was a standard opening post, and I apologised for it afterwards. No malice, or attempts to ignore or bend the rules were made, it was an honest misinterpretation.

Nexus, I don't understand your reasoning in that vote, it's flawed and doesn't help the town. Lynching me for answers that you can't do anything with when I flip town doesn't make a lot of sense.

Bearing in mind that the scum know I'm not one of them, I expect at least one scum on the bandwagon, remember that if I don't make it past the first day.

• Paid Members

We all need to look back and realise that Carbomb pointed out there was only 3 scum (at the minute). Hogan, Hall and Nash. Assuming that the Sting claim is correct, at this moment in time Sting is very very unlikely NWO. He shouldn't be today's lynch.

The whole of WCW is in chaos, following Bash At The Beach! The Immortal Hulk Hogan, once beloved of the fans, has turned his back on them to join forces with two dangerous, sinister Outsiders known as Scott Hall and Kevin Nash. Together, they have formed the New World Order and declared war on WCW and everything it stands for.

This was very clearly stated in the first post of the thread. It hints almost certainly at there being only those 3 right now. So Nicko, Nexus and Snake, knowing full well about the possibility of Sting being NWO at this point next to 0, why have you chosen to vote for him?

• Paid Members

Things are afoot, should've done this earlier but just forgot to:

UNVOTE

TripleA raises a VERY valid point here, I'm going to need to go back and everyone's posts now, could there be a lynch trying to be pushed through early here?

• Paid Members

You're only causing a distraction by name claiming anyway, so at least if you're gone, that's the distraction gone. Plus, if you are a miller, and get investigated, we'll get a guilty verdict on you anyway, causing yet more hassle tomorrow.

Tom: the chances of hitting scum on Day 1 are very slim anyway.

TripleA: Reading too much into flavour is a bad idea. As far as I'm concerned, FGPMSL is/has done nothing to help the town. All he's done is caused unnecessary drama, and the fact he hasn't read the rules properly in the first place is enough cause for a policy lynch in my opinion. So, for now, he's the best lynch. If someone else comes up scummier, I'll look at switching.

• Paid Members

And who's to say that he's telling the truth and is Sting?

If he is lying, he could quite easily be NWO pretending to be Sting so as we think he's third party or town. So, lynch him and find out the truth.

• Paid Members
You're only causing a distraction by name claiming anyway, so at least if you're gone, that's the distraction gone. Plus, if you are a miller, and get investigated, we'll get a guilty verdict on you anyway, causing yet more hassle tomorrow.

TripleA: Reading too much into flavour is a bad idea. As far as I'm concerned, FGPMSL is/has done nothing to help the town. All he's done is caused unnecessary drama, and the fact he hasn't read the rules properly in the first place is enough cause for a policy lynch in my opinion. So, for now, he's the best lynch. If someone else comes up scummier, I'll look at switching.

It's not reading "too much" as much as just "reading" though in this case. He named the three of them. From experience on being a "policy lynch" and being targetted for causing drama, it has never got any results. I'm not saying there couldn't be some sort of traitor roles or anything like that during the game, but the Sting claim was one of the first posts in the game. It's slim to zero he's NWO.

Not when it's been said the flavour will relate to the game. You've openly admitted you're not voting for me because you think I'm scum, but because you think I'm a distraction, so you're happy to lynch town? And how is that doing something to benefit the town? Scummy as fuck.

• Paid Members
And who's to say that he's telling the truth and is Sting?

If he is lying, he could quite easily be NWO pretending to be Sting so as we think he's third party or town. So, lynch him and find out the truth.

There is a possibility he's lying, but look at the facts. In the pre-game thread he was absolutely dying to be Sting. It's no surprise he jumped forward and announced it the second he found out. A bit silly, definately. Scummy though? Not at this point. We still have a bit of time left in this phase, 3 people voting for Sting based on this is a bit dodgy.

• Paid Members

No it isn't.

As far as I'm concerned, FG broke one of the fundamental rules of this game, which was discussed at length before the start of the game. In lieu of a mod kill, he shouldn't be kept alive, because all it's doing is causing an unwanted distraction.

Either he should be lynched, or we just ignore him and let him stop distracting us. If you can find me another wagon that looks better, then we'll go for it. Remeber, day phase is only 5 days.

• Paid Members

So we should punish him because the mod didn't?. That's really dumb and scummy reasoning. Also referring it to a "wagon" is bad too, when there's only 3 people on it and the other 2 of them are what seem like joke votes from early in the game. You're the only person seriously trying to lynch him.

• Paid Members

I don't believe that you're town. If you were town, you'd have read the rules, and known that claiming names was forbidden.

If you were a simple VT, the mod would've killed you. The fact that you are not dead means you're either a powerful pro-town role, or scum.

Archived