WCW vs. nWo Thread

Carbomb

• Paid Members

SMS to clarify Carbomb said we could claim who we liked provided they are not within the nWo era which Hammer wasn't. Any of the early 90s characters would be a safe bet. Obviously I'm not Van Hammer, he was just a glorified jobber. Why on earth would I pist about doing a Lawz, then only follow it up by doing it myself! D'oh. Like TMS picked the Juicer. I was going to go with Buddy Lee Parker or Arachnaman, but Hammer was hilarious and gives me plenty of flavour type material to add later on.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

I feel a bit wary about Family Guy's claim, but ultimately it's a difficult one - due to the rules of the game he can't defend it. I'll definitely keep an eye on him, having said that. As for 'Van Hammer' I think that was unintentional, though I think SMS is right in saying people should just avoid a name claim. It's not as if pretending to be someone not from the time period is gonna add much to the game anyway - you don't 'play' in character name generally.

Van Hammer on Wikipedia

He was part of Ravens Flock / Nest, featured on TV during the nWo storyline so may be a character in this game, plus he was a hidden character on the Thunder game on Playstation and was on the Revenge game on the N64.

He was definetly a character that I remember during that period of time, so could easily be someone Carbomb just threw in there, as we all won't be the big names.

If we somehow successfully lynch Hogan, then he sits up and starts waving his finger about whilst hulking up, I am going to riot!

• Paid Members

I'm new to this but surely claiming to be someone vastly important is just a way to offset disappointment at not being a major character as opposed to something sinister and scum like?

• Paid Members

One thing I'm gonna say is to Big Jag - don't feel put off by mistakes you make. It really is a case of learning by doing, and yeah, you might make a few mistakes along the way, but the best thing to do is to get stuck in the game and learn as you go, and, of course, by reading other people's posts to get the idea of how exactly people scum hunt, things to look for etc.

• Paid Members
I may be missing it, but mod question how many votes are required for a lynch this phase?

If my arithmetic's anything to go by, 18 players means 10 votes are required to make a majority, so it's 10 to lynch.

God, I'm not doing a very good job so far. Please don't leave.

• Paid Members

You know what I'm thinking now? I'm thinking Family GuyPMSL was TOLD to make the Sting claim early, thus causing confusion and to make it look like a way to stir the pot up a bit. That's not a complaint by the way, it could even be a genuine error on his part for all I know.

I stand by my vote though. Current suspicions are telling me he's in on the nWo act. If he is infact WCW Sting after all though...we can't have such a lumbering oaf like family guy in the towns ranks acting like that.

You know what I'm thinking now? I'm thinking Family GuyPMSL was TOLD to make the Sting claim early, thus causing confusion and to make it look like a way to stir the pot up a bit. That's not a complaint by the way, it could even be a genuine error on his part for all I know.

I stand by my vote though. Current suspicions are telling me he's in on the nWo act. If he is infact WCW Sting after all though...we can't have such a lumbering oaf like family guy in the towns ranks acting like that.

So by saying that we can't have an oaf like Family Guy in the town ranks are you saying your WCW and not NWO?

• Paid Members

I'm gonna defend Family Guy here, he's a good player in general and this seems to me like a very provocative comment - intentionally so.

You gotta remember there was a lot of debate pre-game about who was gonna be Sting, it could be that he thought 'getting in early' was a way of snagging an in game 'Sting' role. He might not be Sting, I dunno - but that doesn't mean he's not WCW. Or maybe he actually IS Sting. On the other hand he might be scum making a false claim.

However, to attack him in this way is incredibly short sighted as he can't defend himself due to the rules. And to say "we might as well kill him because he's an oaf" reads pretty scummy to me. If you're not scum look at it this way - say you manage to convince people an FG lynch is a 'win/win' scenario - he's either scum, or 'an oaf'. And say he turns out to be just 'an oaf' - that means we're down a player in the day phase and another townie tonight. It isn't a game loser, but it isn't a good move for the town either.

I'm not saying completely ignore what he's done, I'm saying don't rush to push for a lynch based on it.

• Paid Members

I really don't see the point in name claiming if we can only be people that can be verified as not working for WCW at the time. Surely that eliminates the only interesting people? It's not like someone claiming to be Vince McMahon or Shawn Michaels for example, is going to add much to the game. Certainly not enough to make up for the confusion it's caused so far.

Snake's seems an obvious mistake but the Family Guy thing is a bit more suspicious. You've got to think that Sting has a powerful role so I honestly don't see what good he thought giving himself away would do for WCW. At the same time, if he is actually Sting, it would be a blow to lose him so early in the game.

Archived