Chris Jericho interview

Snitsky's back acne

• Paid Members

I miss the days when halfway through an interview, a heel would phone Bill Apter and the wrestler would argue with the interviewee and Apter would transcribe it for us. I wonder if Apter ever got in trouble from the head brass at WWF for putting words in their characters mouths. I remember Ultimate Warrior saying "your nothing but a leafblower Roberts" to Jake the Snake. I know Warriors said some stupid stuff, but I doubt he'd have came out with that.

Thanks for that, was a good little read.

Does anyone here still buy PWI?

I haven't seen it in shops this way for a long time, other than the big WHsmiths in the middle of the city. I used to love buying it when I was a kid, the cheap bog roll style pages, all black and white with a few colour pages in the middle. Brilliant. They used to the top ten of every promotion towards the back of the magazine, with the champion usually being number 1, then a top ten of all the promotions. The result section used to be fucking huge aswell, featuring loads of promotions I'd never heard of before. I always used to look out for ex WWF and WCW wrestlers working for said unknown to me promotions, check the attendances and think ''well that's their careers finished!''. I stopped buying it when I actually started to understand all the insider terms and wrestlers real names in Power Slam. For several years, as a ten year old I thought that Scott Hall was Razor Ramons new gimmick that I hadn't seen on television yet! PWI stayed Kayfabe when I stopped buying it late 98/ early 99, it was also really expensive!

• Paid Members
Does anyone here still buy PWI?

Haven't bought it, or read it, in over a decade.

I did notice that everytime I had a swatch at the magazine the price had went up a pound. I believe it was about six pound the last time I saw it on the stands. A bit too much for that type of magazine.

However, I'd still buy the PWI Almanac if I saw it about. That was always a good read. They haven't stocked it round here in years. I always used to get it.

• Paid Members

Jericho's the man. Got his first book for Christmas and it was brilliant. Really looking forward to his second one.

That Fozzy gig in Manchester was still gash though.

EDIT: The worst thing about Jericho not coming back any time soon? We won't see him interract with Bob Barker at Wrestlemania. Since they've got fuck all else for Mania, a match between Jericho and someone managed by Barker would've automatically become the most exciting match on the card. Or just have a Jericho vs. Barker arm wrestling match! I'd be more willing to pay for that than for any of the matches currently rumoured to be taking place.

Archived