KIMBO SLICE IS NOW A WRESTLER!

CleetusVanDamme

• Paid Members

This is amazing!. The baddest man in MMA is on his way to Japan to take over the wrestling business, and he will succeed, because he's Kimbo Slice.

I've wanted him in the biz for years now. I hope he ends up in TNA eventually, the guy's a ratings machine.

Kimbo goes to Japan

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Moderators

Wrestling seems like the thing he'd be perfectly cut out for. I'll be watching this with a keen eye, and hoping he has every success. He could draw a shitload in the US if he were to be used to his strengths.

IGF usually homes MMA starts as a easy payday in between MMA fights,Josh Barnett and Tim Sylvia recently worked a match

That being said Kimbo hasnt been rumored to be doing anything for a long while in MMA or Boxing, just a rumore about being on some reality show I think it was survivor

I think WWE missed the boat with Bob Sapp back in the day he had a shot load of personality and a great look, I dont think Kimbo has the potential he had to be honest but i would be interested to see what would come of this if he did sign with WWE/TNA

• Paid Members

Kimbo fought recently on a small show in the main event and won so he's still active in MMA. As mentioned it could be another case of a fighter taking the IGF payday but I wouldnt mind it being a switch of career for him. The guy has charisma and looks bloody scary, he's just not too great at MMA. Well worth TNA or WWEs time.

If this had happened a few months ago, dude could totally have made WrestleMania. Still, I'm well up for seeing Kimbo as a wrestler, hopefully the footage gets out quickly. Necro Butcher also wrestles for IGF, as does The Predator (Sylvester Terkay), these have to be future matches for Kimbo.

Would have been interesting if TNA had brought him in before bringing Angle back, give Jarrett a tester before the 'big test' in Angle.

Hope he does well if he's serious about it, really wanted Bob Sapp to go WWE because he would have been an amazing smashing machine but Kimbo has a better platform in the USA and would create a few headlines. WWE could even make a big deal about him formally being UFC.

• Paid Members
Would have been interesting if TNA had brought him in before bringing Angle back, give Jarrett a tester before the 'big test' in Angle.

People know who Kimbo is, so if they sign him, it wont be for a teaser to get up Angle's return. He'd have been given the Bobby Lashley build-up, and been made a big deal. He's been on TMZ before, so TNA will no doubt give him a 8% share of the company if he joined based on that reason alone.

• Paid Members
Kimbo fought recently on a small show in the main event and won so he's still active in MMA.

Are you sure? I've not heard anything about him since he left UFC. Where/when did he fight?

I swear I read about this not too long ago but can't find any mention of it so I must be mistaken. Very odd, thats going to bug me now.

I think WWE missed the boat with Bob Sapp back in the day he had a shot load of personality and a great look

I don't think "missed the boat" is fair really - I agree that he could have been great in WWE, don't get me wrong. But they would have had to pay him an INSANE amount of money to lure him away from Japan. Sapp was a full-blown mainstream star in Japan, making massive money not just from fighting and wrestling but from loads of mainstream media projects, commercials etc. To make him give up all that to start over again in the United States where he was basically unknown would have taken the kind of contract offer that only the very top names ever get - and they weren't going to offer that to a guy who was an unproven commodity in the West. He was a perfect fit for WWE in many ways, but in many others it didn't make sense as a business move for either party, which is why it never happened.

I can't imagine WWE blinking an eye over Kimbo Slice, but I reckon TNA will throw an offer his way if he makes a serious go of pro-wrestling. They're marks for any sort of outside celebrity status, and being on the same network as the Ultimate Fighter you would assume a large degree of cross brand awareness, so a decent chunk of TNA's audience are probably aware of him.

Archived