TNA to go head to head with WWE on PPV

Smeg_&_The_Heads

Within TNA's announcement that they are changing their PPV schedule, they noted that they are moving Victory Road from July to March and Destination X from March to July. With Destination X, they have specifically named the date July 17, 2011. This is the same day that WWE has Money in the Bank scheduled for.

Credit>PWInsider

TNA must be pretty stupid to think they can actually go head to head with WWE on PPV they failed on Monday Nights.

Not only that I wonder if any carriers will have to choose which one to show and if that's the case most if not all would pick WWE

• Paid Members

I think to me it looks like TNA's 2011 plan of cutting there PPV's is about to happen looking at this. They did a few Supercard editions of Impact in 2010, and July 17 would probably be a good a time as any. Monday In The Bank doesnt draw anyway, so if your going to put on a night of free wrestling against a WWE PPV you will have to pay for, that type of PPV is the thing they can do.

Dixie said in October that the plan in 2011 was to cut TNA's PPV's down to 6 or 8, and Destination X is usually one of those that they use as throw away (like last years Flair and Desmond Wolfe Hole Of Dooooooom stuff), so I can see they doing anyway with this as a PPV.

Well the change has annoyed a few of the international regular PPV goers including my missus and her brother. They have holidays booked off in work and flights arranged to see Destination X in March not in July.

• Paid Members
Well the change has annoyed a few of the international regular PPV goers including my missus and her brother. They have holidays booked off in work and flights arranged to see Destination X in March not in July.

Wow your missus is a regular ppv attendee? Bet shes probably even best mates with Dixie Carter and everything!... :rolleyes:

Tell them to go see Victory Road instead.

Thats what they are having to do now.

Wow your missus is a regular ppv attendee? Bet shes probably even best mates with Dixie Carter and everything!... :rolleyes:

Well if you work hard and save your money you will be able to afford flights to other countries and see events live too.

• Paid Members

Well if you work hard and save your money you will be able to afford flights to other countries and see events live too.

Thanks. That's just the pep talk I needed. I'll start getting ready to "capture the dream" right away :rolleyes:

I think to me it looks like TNA's 2011 plan of cutting there PPV's is about to happen looking at this. They did a few Supercard editions of Impact in 2010, and July 17 would probably be a good a time as any. Monday In The Bank doesnt draw anyway, so if your going to put on a night of free wrestling against a WWE PPV you will have to pay for, that type of PPV is the thing they can do.

Dixie said in October that the plan in 2011 was to cut TNA's PPV's down to 6 or 8, and Destination X is usually one of those that they use as throw away (like last years Flair and Desmond Wolfe Hole Of Dooooooom stuff), so I can see they doing anyway with this as a PPV.

Ian, where do you get your TNA tidbits from? You need to start posting these things more prominently. I've been banging on for years about cutting down the number of PPVs, but had no idea it was in the works.

Archived