TNA to go head to head with WWE on PPV

Smeg_&_The_Heads

Well the change has annoyed a few of the international regular PPV goers including my missus and her brother. They have holidays booked off in work and flights arranged to see Destination X in March not in July.

Wow your missus is a regular ppv attendee? Bet shes probably even best mates with Dixie Carter and everything!... :rolleyes:

Well if you work hard and save your money you will be able to afford flights to other countries and see events live too.

Thanks. That's just the pep talk I needed. I'll start getting ready to "capture the dream" right away :rolleyes:

That's the spirit! Soon you'll be out flashing the cash and living the high life and you can see what wrestling is like in real life rather than just seeing it on the TV.

PWTorch.com reports that TNA Impact will be going on the road next month. The last (and only) time Impact didn't take place in Orlando was an October 2008 special from Las Vegas.

Good idea i think.

• Paid Members
Ian, where do you get your TNA tidbits from? You need to start posting these things more prominently. I've been banging on for years about cutting down the number of PPVs, but had no idea it was in the works.

I think it makes sense. Impact has been stronger than most of their PPV's for a long time so they have to either scale back the amount they give away on TV or cut the number of PPV's. The problem they have (and WWE) is the lack of fresh matches to put on PPV. Neither are going to find enough good talent every year to flesh out the roster and make 12 (or more in WWE's case) PPV's viable.

TNA also suffer from the fact that the PPV's look the same as the TV. 6 PPV's in different venues would bring a real freshness.

• Paid Members

Seems they're going to North Carolina, I wonder if Flair will lace them up?...

According to Pwinsider.com, TNA Impact will be taped for the first time in North Carolina next month. The two locations being discussed are Fayetteville NC, and Charlotte, NC. There has been talk for a while about taking Impact out of Orlando to test how the product would do in front of a fresh audience.

There has only been one episode of Impact taped outside of Orlando, and that was the live special from the Hard Rock Caf

fair play to them for trying to get out of the cretin infested Impact Zone, but they have a hard time getting people to pay into PPV's so I can't imagine the arenas will be particularly big or even full...

Maybe if they only charged something silly like $5 - $10 , people might pay that for RVD,Hardy,Angle etc

Archived