FSM Thread

Vipes

• Paid Members

Yeah its absolute protect your mates/blame the ones you don't like shite. RD Reynolds shouldn't be writing out an envelope let alone a account of one of the biggest wrestling promoters ever, and Alvarez is only good at interviewing people who don't accept him raising his voice in comedy anger. RD Reynolds, though?! He is rotten.

Edited by Ian_hitmanhart

• Paid Members
At least Controversy Creates Cash knows Bischoff didn't book the AWA Team Challenge thing, and had no actual power in that company.

Please tell me you are shitting me.

• Paid Members

Half different, because Bischoff obviously agrees with everything that went right when he was on top and fucked up once he'd gone. But disagrees with the Bisch bashing. The difference in tone is, Bischoff is at least interesting and funny in his bullshit. His arrogance and humour is a big plus when reading the book. You get a sense that someone with nice teeth and great hair is telling the story, which is comforting. Death of WCW is a depressing read by two people who try and turn the best bits into bad points and don't highlight the main point of some of Bischoff's mistakes. Which is that desperate people do desperate things. Vince did desperate things when he was trailing as well. They didn''t point out that the reason Bischoff might have taken a spin on the Warrior was the same reason McMahon did the same thing two years earlier: because he was on his arse and worth the risk. Yeah it was a mistake, but it would be nice to get a bit of perspective as to why Bischoff would sign short term draw like Warrior to a short term deal when his company was falling drastically behind. They write it as if you should have known what was about to be around the corner. Hindsight is a wonderful thing of course, but its something they didnt have when they were getting fucked off Vince McMahon everyweek and needed something desperate. Its no Pain and Passion of Stampede Wrestling or Turning the Tables. Its overrated as fuck.

Edited by Ian_hitmanhart

• Moderators
At least Controversy Creates Cash knows Bischoff didn't book the AWA Team Challenge thing, and had no actual power in that company.

Please tell me you are shitting me.

Nope. Even Greg Gagne came forward and said in his Guest Booker that the Team Challenge was all his idea and Eric Bischoff worked in sales and fluked his way into being an announcer, and that's all he was.

Also, according to RD Reynolds Wrestlecrap book, the biggest tragedy of the Sturgis WCW shows isn't that the crowd booed every black man be he face or heel for each of the three years they went there, but that they got bored during a half hour Benoit vs Malenko match at the 1996 one.

Edited by ButchReedMark

• Paid Members

I want to know how Heyman's in the Observer Hall of Fame and Bischoff isnt? Bischoff is far more successful in the industry than Heyman ever was, both as a performer and as a figurehead of a wrestling promotion. How did Heyman get in? Bischoff brought us live Monday night wrestling, Cruiserweights and international talent on a national level and 12 pay-per-views a year. Heyman gave us chairshots to the head, a dangerous wrestling style which people get high and mighty about these days and bounced cheques to these poor lads.

Edited by Ian_hitmanhart

• Moderators

Because he's a fucking grass to Meltz. That's why David Meltzer who didn't even get a reference about Bret Hart in the Simpsons in 199fucking6, says Paul Heyman has his finger on the pulse of pop culture.

Because Leather Trenchcoats are always fashionable. Obviously.

• Paid Members
Nope. Even Greg Gagne came forward and said in his Guest Booker that the Team Challenge was all his idea and Eric Bischoff worked in sales and fluked his way into being an announcer, and that's all he was.

I gathered that, I assumed "shitting" on the notion that a journalist in pro wrestling assumed - and even alleged in print - that Eric had some stroke in the AWA? Boulderdash!

I want to know how Heyman's in the Observer Hall of Fame and Bischoff isnt? Bischoff is far more successful in the industry than Heyman ever was, both as a performer and as a figurehead of a wrestling promotion. How did Heyman get in?

I think some pro wrestling snobs want to consider Heyman a revolutionary for introducing mainstream (if you can call it that) wrestling fans to the Eddy/Benoit/Malenko and Juvi/Rey/Psicosis type talent which Eric then gave the legitimate big stage to, and also for presenting "gritty" and "realistic" storylines involving foul language, "proper" violence, sexualisation etc. The same snobs would brand it "low rent" or "stealing" when the WWF or WcW would do the same.

Come off it though, he didnt reinvent the wheel. Violent? Edgy? Pushing boundaries?

"I'd like to talk to Tom."

• Paid Members

"I'd like to talk to Tom" still holds up today. That storyline holds up more than anything in the Attitude era. Its still powerful to watch.

EDIT: Great minds think alike, lads. Dirty White Boy was a cunt wasnt he?!

Another thing, the nWo storyline, the Pillman angle, Sting's transformation into the crow, and the Sullivan vs Benoit angle was as gritty and realistic as anything you'd find on ECW. Bischoff and Sully were the lads during this period.

Edited by Ian_hitmanhart

• Moderators

Nah, Crucifixions and child brainwashing are far more realistic than domestic violence like "tom" (ok, Eddie Gilbert booked it, but you get my point), your wife fucking you off for a mental who'll kill her in 8 years and hostile takeovers in places of work, dur!

Edited by ButchReedMark

• 3 weeks later...

There a preview of Issue 68's interview with CM Punk now available at The Sun There's some interesting quotes in the full interview, especially in consideration of the alleged contract disputes he is currently having with WWE.

Issue 68 is out on Thursday, May 19, and looks like this:

195722_121413230346_203690_n.jpg

Edited by Brian Elliott

Picked up the new issue yesterday, it looks another superb read from cover to cover, with plenty of features, coverage and variety. In my opinion, if you tweak the columnists and freshen up the look of the magazine, then you'll have the best wrestling magazine out there.

Buying a monthly wrestling in this day and age is hardly practical as the majority of News and interview's can be read on the Internet.

Also wrestling news and articals are updated 24/7 on the Internet no need to wait each month to read old news.

Edited by Dingo Warrior