now TNA PPV & TNA Xplosion gone from uk tv

michael21

• Replies 348
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wow, not stayed up to 4.30 am to watch a PPV since I had Sky TV at Uni. Wonder why they are showing it at such an odd time, hardly particularly violent material (in fact while waiting for it to start I watched "Death Ring" on Sky 3+1 which was much more violent!)

:duh:

Why watch it online when it'll be on Freeview in a few days time? Why go to the hassle of signing up to a streaming site, or downloading torrents any more when you can just wait a couple of days and watch it on tv?

:duh:

Why watch it online when it'll be on Freeview in a few days time? Why go to the hassle of signing up to a streaming site, or downloading torrents any more when you can just wait a couple of days and watch it on tv?

1. Most streaming site these days allow you to watch their feed with no sign up required and not once have been told I need to sign up in order to view them.

2. I am not talking about downloading torrents, all the sites that I have been on allow you to watch recorded shows in either Flash or Divx format and they are very good quality.

All I am saying is that there are other options, you just have to know where to go.

P.S Do not use torrent sites.

how do you not get that some people prefer watching their wrestling on tv with a good clear picture than stare at a computer screen that is a quarter the size of a tv?

You also get a good clear picture via Internet as well now mate.

The days of terrible live streams and poor quality videos online are over.

how do you not get that some people prefer watching their wrestling on tv with a good clear picture than stare at a computer screen that is a quarter the size of a tv?

You also get a good clear picture via Internet as well now mate.

The days of terrible live streams and poor quality videos online are over.

Maybe so. Since I've not got a TV this year, I've had to make do with downloading Impact and PPVs as and when I can. The vast majority of them have been in very good quality (and when we had Reaction, they even had the ending of the main event, which was just thoughtful). But I know that when I go home next weekend, I'll be sitting down and watching a recording of Impact on my TV rather than one that I've downloaded onto my TV. It's a matter of comfort and the joy of watching something on the TV instead of my laptop. I'm working on it most evenings, I'm sick of the bloody thing.

My brother text me the other night saying he was watching Against All Odds and he seemed to enjoy it. He's started watching TNA again thanks to the catch-up Challenge put on, but he missed Genesis so this was his first PPV for about 2 years or something. This can only be good. I've got someone to watch with at home again and I might even be able to drag him to a few more shows!

It's a slightly off-topic meander, but I've been recently reading some interesting research on "perceived quality" and the differences across the generations.

To boil it down, people under 25 today are so used to listening to mp3s and watching youtube that they perceive that to be "good" quality. Whereas those of us bought up on vinyl, CD and laserdisc have much higher expectations of what a quality broadcast looks and sounds like.

Not that Challenge TV's output is that great, but it's a darn sight better than any stream or torrent I've ever come across on the internet. Unless you expect things to look like you're watching through a net curtain and sound crispy and distorted, of course.

It's a slightly off-topic meander, but I've been recently reading some interesting research on "perceived quality" and the differences across the generations.

To boil it down, people under 25 today are so used to listening to mp3s and watching youtube that they perceive that to be "good" quality. Whereas those of us bought up on vinyl, CD and laserdisc have much higher expectations of what a quality broadcast looks and sounds like.

Not that Challenge TV's output is that great, but it's a darn sight better than any stream or torrent I've ever come across on the internet. Unless you expect things to look like you're watching through a net curtain and sound crispy and distorted, of course.

To be fair you can download Impact/PPV's in HD on the internet, which is much better than the standard definition on Challenge.

As I stated before the days of looking through a net curtain with sound being crispy and distorted on the internet as you so quaintly put is now no longer a factor.

If you did a proper search of the net you would find that that there are lots of sites that offer good quality Wrestling programs to view online.

I will not disclose where any of these sites I use are as that would be counter productive on my part, however they are easily found if you know where to look.

By the way I am 31, was also brought up on vinyl, CD, Zx Spectrum, Commodore 64, Amiga 500, Sega Megadrive, Duran Duran, Nick Kershaw, The Police, Men at work, Saturday Super Store, Roland Rat, need I say more !

Wow, not stayed up to 4.30 am to watch a PPV since I had Sky TV at Uni. Wonder why they are showing it at such an odd time, hardly particularly violent material (in fact while waiting for it to start I watched "Death Ring" on Sky 3+1 which was much more violent!)

Beacuse that was the repeat, the first run is on Wednesdays and starts at 10pm.

The official rating for the 1st regular edition of iMPACT on Challenge is in. iMPACT was the fifth most watched show on the network for the week and scored 134,000 viewers. The highest rated show, Catchphrase, did 161,000.

I believe this may be the biggest number TNA've ever had in the UK.

Archived