FIFA 2011 Playstation 3 Tournie

TildeGuy~!

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply
^^^^^^

If that was the case would the replacement have to use Juve? Could they use another team?

If we are replaying the previous two games JoeyBlayze played then Juve wouldn't have to be used. The replacement could choose any club team that isn't already being used in the tournament.

Any news on the replacement yet if so where can I find a list of the taken teams?

Haven't heard back from JoeyBlayze/Belfast_Suntan so a replacement is needed. As you had expressed an interest in participating in future tournaments before Metallica you are the first replacement.

The list of teams taken is in the main post on page 2. Barca aren't taken.

Matches that JoeyBlayze took part in will be voided for now as obviously not everybody is able to play him. I'll redo the table tomorrow to reflect this (apologies to El Nicko Loco and TezzRexx).

Stunstone, your fixtures are below. Make sure you add your opponents as PSN friends so you can play against each other (PSN names are in parentheses).

vs. bumclasshero (bumclasshero)

vs. El Nicko Loco (nick_sellers)

vs. Snake Plissken (dreddcucumber)

vs. TezzRexx (tezzrexx)

I presume Snake is still about on his PS3? I know he has family/website commitments that limit his playing time but just want to make sure he's still able to play his games in the next week or so.

Stunstone (Barcelona) 0 - 0 Texx Rexx (Aston Villa.)

Anything but a boring goaless draw. It took Barca til about the midway point of the first half to settle, obviously big game nerves setting in as they were in their first match in this prestigious tournament. Villa's pacey attackers caused a few problems throughout but Puyol and Pique remained resolute. David Villa missed a sitter near the end of the first half that was Barcelona's best chance in the whole game to make it count. The half time whistle came with the Catalans in the ascendancy but for all their efforts the Villa defence remained resolute and Villa cut a frustrated figure in the lone striker role.

The second half was a much scrappier affair and as time ticked on both sides were as desperate not to concede a goal as they were to score one. Late on Ashley Young got a break but his one on one with Valdes was a battle won by the Spaniard.

All in all a fair result, I imagine both sides will play worse and win.

I'll be on tomorrow night to finish off my game. Gutted to be playing Barcalona now, especially as I beat Joey as Juventus before! And it was all going so nicely at the top as well. Such is life :p

Don't be too worried. Barca have to up their game considerably. I'll be on from about 7-half 8 tomorrow night and then I'm out. Should be on around the same time Wed night and THursday is my day off so I'll be about most of the day.

I've updated the Group B table.

With results from JoeyBlayze's games being voided, there has been a change at the top of the table. Bumclasshero is currently top on goal difference and has a game in hand on TezzRexx and El Nicko Loco who are level with him on four points. The latter has dropped from first to third whilst TezzRexx stays second but only managed to recoup one of his previous three points after a solid debut in the competition by stunstone316.

• Paid Members
I've updated the Group B table.

With results from JoeyBlayze's games being voided, there has been a change at the top of the table. Bumclasshero is currently top on goal difference and has a game in hand on TezzRexx and El Nicko Loco who are level with him on four points. The latter has dropped from first to third whilst TezzRexx stays second but only managed to recoup one of his previous three points after a solid debut in the competition by stunstone316.

PA-9999092.jpg

Have had a response from JoeyBlayze. He said that he has been busy but wants to finish off his games and will try to play them by the end of this weekend. I'm happy to let in him to make Group B a group of six if the games are played fairly soon (and especially if Snake isn't able to finish all of his games off), but if anyone in Group B has any objections let me know.

Edited for clarity.

Have had a response from JoeyBlayze. He said that he has been busy but wants to finish off his games and will try to play them by the end of this weekend. I'm happy to let in him if the games are played fairly soon (and especially if Snake isn't able to finish all of his games off), but if anyone in Group B has any objections let me know.

:rolleyes:

Me! .........Unless I can retain my status in the group? That would at least make 2 groups of 6.

Archived