FIFA 2011 Playstation 3 Tournie

TildeGuy~!

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply

jerichoholictufcfan (Fulham) 2 - 1 Gatso (Benfica)

A scrappy game for the most part. Andrew Johnson scored the opener for Fulham after thirty minutes after breaking through the defence and scoring from an angle just inside the box. Zamora should have made it two with a close range header soon after whilst Benfica had a chance when a one-on-one was saved by Schwarzer. In the second half Javier Saviola equalised from close range when Salcido failed to clear and Saviola took the ball of him and scored. Bobby Zamora scored what turned out to be the winner for Fulham about ten minutes later when he broke through the Benfica defence and drilled a low shot past the goalkeeper from the edge of the box. Fulham held on despite some late Benfica pressure to secure their second win of the tournament which means they finish third overall, though a long way behind the two qualifiers.

Snake has been in contact and says that he doesn't know when he'll be able to be on to play his matches and suggested that everyone should be given a win by default. Obviously it would be preferable for everyone to play all their matches but as we need to get these matches finished soon I think it's best that his suggestion is taken and hopefully he'll be back for the next tournament.

The default score in these circumstances is a 3-0 win and as that was the score when El Nicko Loco previously beat Snake anyway then everyone else gets a 3-0 win as well. Sorry El Nicko, but at least you didn't have any points taken away!

Here's the final Group A table and the revised Group B table.

The points gained from the other players in Group B mean that El Nicko Loco moves down to third and bumclasshero moves to second and they both have one game left each. All the active players in Group B still have a chance to qualify.

The remaining fixtures for each person are below. As there are at most two games left to play for some, which should take less than an hour, hopefully these games can be played by the end of this weekend.

bumclasshero (bumclasshero)

vs. JoeyBlayze

JoeyBlayze (belfast_suntan81)

vs. bumclasshero

vs. stunstone316

stunstone316 (stunstone)

vs. Joey Blayze

It's a shame really that our group has descended into a clusterfuck. Not a knock on Snake or Joey, it was just looking incredibly tight and interesting. Well it still is obviously, but not in the right way. Never mind, hopefully next time we get a solid line up, I know people have commitments and busy schedules but it would be good to get a proper schedule up and running smoothly. Thanks Torquay for taking the time to organise all this by the way, it's appreciated.

It's a shame really that our group has descended into a clusterfuck. Not a knock on Snake or Joey, it was just looking incredibly tight and interesting. Well it still is obviously, but not in the right way. Never mind, hopefully next time we get a solid line up, I know people have commitments and busy schedules but it would be good to get a proper schedule up and running smoothly. Thanks Torquay for taking the time to organise all this by the way, it's appreciated.

Spot on Mate. I know I was late coming to proceedings but I just wanna box this group off. How's about getting in touch with that Metallica guy? He was dead keen on it.

Spot on Mate. I know I was late coming to proceedings but I just wanna box this group off. How's about getting in touch with that Metallica guy? He was dead keen on it.

I know he was keen on playing in the next one but unfortunately I don't think adding another set of 4 or 5 games in this current tournament would be good in getting Group B finished quickly. I think it's best to get to the knockout stages as soon as possible. The sooner it's done the sooner we can start another tournament where Metallica can take part.

Stunstone (Barca) 3 - 0 Nicko (Inter)

The sleeping giant finally awakes. Barca controlled the first half for the largest part with some slick passing and continually found fortune as Inter's full backs seemed to leave their game back in the changing room. Pedro particularly was very lively which was about time as he'd been woeful in the two previous group games and it was his invention that lead to Iniesta giving the Catalans the lead. It was two nil right on half time when after a fantastic passing move Lionel Messi whipped a cross in from the left and David Villa headed home.

The second half had barely got going when David Villa broke down the left hand side and his cross found an unmarked Iniesta who headed home from close range. The perfect start to the the second half and possibly game over. Inter to their credit started to play a bit after conceding the third and spurned a few glorious chances to get themselves back in the game but alas it wasn't to be. Finally Barca show what they're made of and keep their third clean sheet in the process. With two games to go these boys mean business!

• Paid Members
Stunstone (Barca) 3 - 0 Nicko (Inter)

The sleeping giant finally awakes. Barca controlled the first half for the largest part with some slick passing and continually found fortune as Inter's full backs seemed to leave their game back in the changing room. Pedro particularly was very lively which was about time as he'd been woeful in the two previous group games and it was his invention that lead to Iniesta giving the Catalans the lead. It was two nil right on half time when after a fantastic passing move Lionel Messi whipped a cross in from the left and David Villa headed home.

The second half had barely got going when David Villa broke down the left hand side and his cross found an unmarked Iniesta who headed home from close range. The perfect start to the the second half and possibly game over. Inter to their credit started to play a bit after conceding the third and spurned a few glorious chances to get themselves back in the game but alas it wasn't to be. Finally Barca show what they're made of and keep their third clean sheet in the process. With two games to go these boys mean business!

Well played StunStone, fully deserved. Even before the game it looked a bit iffy for me in terms of progressing to the semis, after dropping down to third and needing Bum Class Hero to drop points in order to let me climb back up to the top two spots. At 1-0 down here I still thought I was in with a good shout of getting back into the game, but their second goal before half time effectively ended my run in the competition, as it seemed impossible to turn the game around 3-2 and a point would've likely not been enough either. I was still determined to come out roaring in the second half, but then Iniesta netted the third after some crap defending on my part (Fucking Materazzi!) and I was doomed.

Gutted to be out of it, but I had fun all the same and put on a much better overall show than I originally thought I would. I played above average over the tourne, but compared to other Group B guys I didn't take enough chances and conceded one too many goals.

Should've picked these guys. I'd have won the lot by now.

Norwich-City-shirt-2010-11.jpg

Good luck to the rest of the players in the tourne.

There goes the all Norwich final!!! This group has been very competitive and some rather strange results all over the shop really. In my experience of the games I've played, I thought Nick would have won his game tonight, then again I beat Tezz Rexx 3 0 and he's still sitting rosy on the top for the time being! So if me and stunstone both beat Joey, we both go through, if it's going on goal difference, I make us level too. Which means Ivica Olic is getting dropped for scoring 1 in 3 and me needing goals, its the return of this man....

Miroslav-Klose.jpg

• Paid Members

Truth be told I may have underestimated StunStone a bit after his first two games ended in 0-0's and me having won my previous couple of games. It was actually my first online game for a good couple of weeks or so, so while I was waiting for StunStone I had an online match and tried to iron out some of the kinks in a game against Roma. I drew 0-0 and played reasonably well so I was pretty confident. And then I played shit. I'm now hoping for somekind of match fixing scandal to come out so Inter get sent through after all, like that year Juventus and a bunch of other teams in Serie A got busted for it and Inter won the title!

Should be a great finish to group B, though the form Lawz and Tildeguy have been on in Group A suggests that getting through this group stage is only half the battle for you guys.

Good news about Joey. The Group B table has been updated.

Stunstone316 has moved up to third after ending El Nicko Loco's chances of qualifying. Whilst stunstone is level on points and goal difference with bumclasshero, bumclass keeps his second place spot due to having scored one more goal than stunstone.

All three players with games left to play can still qualify. If stunstone316 and bumclasshero both win or draw their final game they'll finish on the same points total which means they would be separated by:

Goal difference,

Goals scored,

Record against each other.

If they still can't be separated, and those two wouldn't if judged on record against each other, then it would be resolved on a case by case basis. If the two teams are tied for first and second then a draw would be carried out by me to determine who would be classified as the winner of the group (i.e. who would face the Group A runner up), but if the two teams are tied for second and third a one-off playoff game would take place which would go to extra time and penalties if required to determine who would qualify.

Archived