FIFA 2011 Playstation 3 Tournie

TildeGuy~!

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Tildeguy~!(Chelsea) 3-1 stunstone316(Barcelona) Semi Final

Early on John Terry tried a cross field ball which was intercepted by Lionel Messi who put a cross in for David Villa to put Barcelona 1-0 ahead, later on in the 1st half after some Chelsea pressure Fernando Torres cut in from the right side and on the edge of the box smashed one in to the bottom left hand corner to make it 1-1 and just before the the whistle was blown to for half time Malouda broke on the left and crossed in for Didier Drogba to make it 2-1

2nd half got underway with both teams having chances until Frank Lampard broke from midfield to put Didier Drogba through on goal one on one to make it 3-1. Late on Torres missed an open goal, Malouda hit the cross bar from 30 yards after a great run and Javier Mascherano was sent off...

:)

Hats off to Tilde. He totally deserved it. I've been struggling for form lately on Fifa both online and single player; my usual passing game is non-existent and I'm struggling for chances. It was much the same here. No excuses but I thought Mascheranos first yellow was very harsh but it wasn't a major factor, Tilde could've had about 7. I'm taking a break from Fifa for a bit to clear my head and re-group but I shall return if and when there's a second UKFF Fifa tournament fitter, stronger and more productive. Maybe.

• 2 weeks later...

Good job bumping, I must have missed it when the results from the first semi were posted.

Here's the situation as it stands:

Semi-finals

Tildeguy~! (Chelsea) 3 vs 1 stunstone316 (Barcelona)

bumclasshero (Bayern Munich) vs Lawz (Man Utd)

Final

Tildeguy~! (Chelsea) vs bumclasshero (Bayern Munich)/Lawz (Man Utd)

Man Utd (Lawz) 0 Bayern Munich (bumclasshero) 2

This was a classic game of FIFA to be honest and why I love it when it treats me right :p

United dominated the possession in a wet, awful conditions game at Old Trafford but couldn't find a way through Bayern. Bayern played the majority of the game on the counter with the pace of Robben and Ribery supplementing the attacks well. The first real chance fell to Franck Ribery as a cross from Gomez landed to him on the penalty spot, instead of heading it, he chose to scissor kick it straight down Van Der Sar's throat. United continued to dominate possession but it was Bayern who struck first, with a counter attack finding Arjen Robben 25-30 yards from goal on his thrusted left foot, and not for the first time in this tournament, he blasted the ball in to the top corner beyond the reach of a stranded keeper. United then very nearly got straight back in it, but for a worldly save from Hans Jorg Butt, who clawed the ball out of the bottom corner after a wicked deflection from his centre back Holger Badstuber United then had a goal controversially disallowed for offside, Rooney being deemed just off as he headed a loose ball inside the 6 yard box. United never really recovered from the decision, and as the game moved on, they dominated possession still but couldn't create a clear cut chance, other than Hernandez who missed a one on one, well saved from Butt. Bayern on the break again managed to seal it 15 minutes from time, Mario Gomez turning inside Vidic and tucking a lovely deft finish into the bottom corner.

I thought Lawz would thrash me, so obviously delighted with the result. That said, he did have 68% possession. Nine tenths of the law and all that...

It was a very very tough game and I couldnt find a way through in the end, the deflection forced an amazing save, the offside goal which wasnt offiside all went against me and bumclasshero took his chances with great accuracy. I needed more pace in the second half and I got that but Hernandez couldnt find a precision finish. Best of luck to both in the final, I've played both of you and I couldn't choose a winner now.

I'd agree with all of that. Forgot to add Gomez hit the post when clean through aswell, swings and roundabouts.

If we are going to have another one of these, would perhaps a league format be of interest to people? I'm not particularly bothered either way but it'd be nice to have a league and a cup in the cabinet for the Bayern boys :rolleyes:

Watch as I get thrashed in the final by Tildeguy!

Archived