FIFA 2011 Playstation 3 Tournie

TildeGuy~!

I should be on Friday night after ten Joey if you want to clear our game up. I'm busy over the weekend cos it's my birthday so I'm gonna be all kinds of smashed!

The table is shaping up nicely and at least Barca hold their own destiny in their hands. A win and we're through. It's also worth noting that a clean sheet would mean Barca are the only team not to concede in the group phase but a goaless draw could see the Spaniards crash out without even conceding a goal. Insane.

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply

bumclasshero 3 - Joey Blayze 0

We only got 70 minutes of this one as Joey's connection died, but after offering a rematch, Joey has decided to end the game on the score it crashed on. So fair play to him :thumbsup:

That boy Robben put his shooting boots back on when I needed it most, scoring two nice finishes, one after Schweinsteiger had stung the underside of the bar from 35 yards, Robben buried the rebound in off the far post. Imagine to my suprise when I had a quick browse in Bayerns reserves and found Mario Gomez! So no place for Klose contrary to pre match rumours he would be back in the first XI. Gomez repaid me with a header in off the bar to get things rolling. 3 nil up at half time, I couldn't build on it for the remainder of the second half, with Juventus gaining a foothold in the posession stakes and even hitting the Bayern Munich bar when Armond Traore swung in a deep cross and nearly scored a freak wonder goal! Good game overall, and now through to my eventual semi final exit!

The penultimate Group B Table is now up.

Congrats to bumclasshero as he has qualified for the semi-finals and is the second person to do so with an unbeaten record. In the final game of the group stages stunstone316 must beat JoeyBlayze to qualify. I'm sure TezzRexx will have his fingers crossed that Joey can get something from that game.

Well it's over.

What a game! My favorite one of the group phase so far. I was very nervy going into it and kick off was delayed by several minutes due to some connection issues which only served to heighten the tension in the Barca camp with so much at stake.

Kick off came and within 3 minutes Juventus took the lead. So much for Barca going through the Group Stage without conceding! Some shabby defending on my part but Amauri (I think) finished well and Barca had a hill to climb if they wanted to qualify. A barrage of shots then followed from The Catalans as they tried to play themselves back into the game but due to some dreadful finishing and poor decisions by the time we reached half time it was still 'The Old Lady' that had the lead despite that being their one and only shot of the first half. The second half had to be a big effort from the Spaniards and they would have to find their shooting boots quick!

5 minutes into the second half and we were all square, Iniesta capitalizing on a mix up in Juve's defence and he snatched on the ball gratefully to put his side level. What followed next was an end to end tussle as both sides went all out, David Villa spurned two glorious one on one with the keeper chances whilst at the other end Juventus smacked the post with a shot from the edge of the area but the twist in the tail was to belong to Barca; in the 90th minute the ever resourceful Iniesta broke down the left hand side and his cross was met by David Villa's head and the Catalan fans were delirious!

Great game Joey! I hope we meet again in the next Tournie!!!

Barcelona 2 - 1 Juventus.

These are the final tables below:

Group A

UKFFGroupA.jpg

Group B

UKFFGroupB-2.jpg

Congrats to stunstone316 who qualified in the last minute of the last match of the group stages and becomes the third player to qualify with an unbeaten record. He finishes level on points with bumclasshero but finishes second to bumclass who wins the group due to his team's better goal difference.

Now the group stages are over the semi-final line-up is complete:

Tildeguy~! (Chelsea) vs stunstone316 (Barcelona)

bumclasshero (Bayern Munich) vs Lawz (Man Utd)

The semi-finals and the final are held under knockout rules. If there's a tie after 90 minutes then the game will go to extra-time and penalties if needed.

that was a thrilling game. To take the lead so early and then to cling on for the rest of the half was quite the test. Stunstone actually plays like Barcelona, slick passing in triangles and if you ever do manage to gain possession, there's a barca player right in your face. I was able to create very little. The second have provided me with slightly more chances, the best of which seen del piero rattle the woodwork, but barcelona ultimately got what they deserved. Although a bit gutted to lose to the last kick (or head as it were) of the game, i have no complaints as the score line could have been much worse.

I may be on this afternoon for a short while but apart from that I don't see me being around until Monday. It's my birthday tomorrow so I'm out tonight and nursing a hangover/hiking tomorrow so I've sent the Barcelona team home for the weekend to get some rest whilst I go out and get photographed being obliterated in a dentists chair!

Archived