FIFA 2011 Playstation 3 Tournie

TildeGuy~!

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply
my psn is fmburchillfan121

Hold on to that mate, one of the lads will set a league thread sign up after the final tonight.

Yep, it'll likely be posted either by Tildeguy or myself depending on if he wants to run it or not, so keep your eyes peeled.

Good luck to both of you in the final by the way.

Tildeguy (Chelsea) 4 bumclasshero ( Bayern Munich) 1

Well well. The Bayern run finally came to an end in what was a final score that slightly flattered Chelsea but who were no doubt the more clinical of the two sides. Bayern took the lead through a snapped half volley into the bottom corner from Thomas Muller, Chelsea responded before half time through a Drogba open goal finish from well worked team goal. After the break it was Chelsea who made the chances count, directly from Gomez missing a one on one with Cech, Chelsea broke and Torres smashed a fine header in, after that Bayern Collapsed and lacked self belief to see off the game, another goal each from Drogba and Torres in the 90th minute put the icing on the cake with a fizzing drive in to the roof of the net.

Congrats Tilde, look forward to future meetings in the league.

Tildeguy~!(Chelsea) 4-1 bumclasshero(Bayern Munich)

The rain was falling as the cup final kicked off(I hate playing in rain on Fifa) Chelsea tried playing the possession game in the first few minutes as a cross came in from Malouda which was headed out by the Munich defence, It fell to Essien as he hit the cross bar on the half volley. Munich started piling on the pressure and in the 10th minute gained a corner, after a poor defensive clearance it fell to Thomas Muller to put Bayern Munich ahead. Later on in the half Drogba and Torres broke through the middle for Drogba to net 1-1 at Half Time. The second half started with pressure from the Munich side with a few long distance shots saved comfortably by Petr Cech, Essien then played a ball through the middle for Torres to put chelsea 2-1 up midway through the 2nd half. More pressure from Bayern came when Mario Gomez was through on goal but Cech made a great save Chelsea then broke up the other end and a cross from Torres saw Drogba head in to make it 3-1 and in the last minute Torres cut in from the left made it into the box and smashed one into the top corner to make it 4-1. Chelsea will now look to win the UKFF league to complete a cup double

Wasn't a 4-1 game to be fair to bumclasshero

And I'll take Chelsea to be in the league :)

Fair play tildeguy! Also well done to my fellow Norwich-ite for getting so far.

Looking forward to when the league gets cracking. I'll be picking Inter again if that's cool with all yous lot.

Cheers Nick.

Just set up said thread.

Congrats to Tildeguy, commiserations to bumclasshero.

ukfftourniegoldtrophy.jpg

Tildeguy earns himself a nice gold trophy whilst bumclasshero earns himself the consolation prize of a silver trophy. Lawz and stunstone each get a bronze trophy for reaching the semis.

The final set of results are:

Semi-finals

Tildeguy~! (Chelsea) 3 vs 1 stunstone316 (Barcelona)

bumclasshero (Bayern Munich) 2 vs 0 Lawz (Man Utd)

Final

Tildeguy~! (Chelsea) 4 vs 1 bumclasshero (Bayern Munich)

Archived