FIFA 2011 Playstation 3 Tournie

TildeGuy~!

TezzRexx - Aston Villa 2 - 1 JoeyBlayze - Juventus (belfast_suntan81)

Very, very tough game. 2 goals scored within 5 minutes of each other around the 20 min mark to make it 1-1 and then i'd say a 60/40 possession in favour of Joey. Winning goal came at 86th min due to a fumble between keeper, defender and Gabby Gabriel Agbonlahor, right place right time, about an inch from goal!

Btw Nick, the lob was scored with Gabby too and not Young.

Great fun all round, nerve racking though :D

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply

tezzrexx just beat me 2-1. Good close game but after some calamity defending in the 86th minute i managed to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory (or a draw at least). So far, played 2 - lost 2. I suspected i might be the whipping boy of my group, but i'm happy enough that i didn't get thrashed like i normally do online!

i've noticed that there are 11 people in this tournament. What would the possibility be of us all playing a game with us each controlling one player? Cann you do that against a cpu opponent or could we assign ourselves players then open it up to random online folk?

Just a thought.

PS: NO NETS!!!!!!

I've put the latest tables up on my main post on the second page, which is here.

i've noticed that there are 11 people in this tournament. What would the possibility be of us all playing a game with us each controlling one player? Cann you do that against a cpu opponent or could we assign ourselves players then open it up to random online folk?

Just a thought.

PS: NO NETS!!!!!!

It would be an interesting idea and I'm not 100% on my info but I imagine you might have to form a UKFF club to do that, although some may already be in a club (I know Lawz is).

Would be cool starting up a UKFF FC club, I'd be up for that. Dunno if you can play CPU but you can certainly play other clubs online.

You can play the CPU. Only its on legendary and its better playing others online. I could always sneak out of my club for a few hours to play in the UKFF club if it got going. If it doesn't get going, we're always trialing new players if anyone wants to come to us. We are the Digital Spy A-Team.

jerichoholictufcfan - Fulham (TUFCfan) 1 rohpete - Everton (rohpete) 0

good game just could not get a goal

It was a good game, very tense towards the end.

Fulham gained their first points and win of the tournament to keep their slim hopes of qualifying alive after beating Everton 1-0 in a tight game that could have gone either way. Fulham pressed early on without creating much and the first real chance of the game fell to Everton in the 28th minute when Louis Saha's shot from just inside the box was parried out for a corner by Schwarzer. From the resulting corner Sylvain Distin's header forced a good save from the Aussie to keep the scores level. The deadlock was broken however by Fulham when a free kick on the outside of the area was laid off to an onrushing Danny Murphy who blasted the ball in to the bottom corner past a helpless Tim Howard. After the break Bobby Zamora could have scored a second for Fulham but should have done better when a crossed found the unmarked Fulham player on the edge of the six yard box and he glanced a near post header harmlessly past the far post. In the 66th minute Everton should have equalised when Saha broke in to the box but had his effort pushed on to the post by Schwarzer. In the 78th minute a tussle in the box left Zamora free in the box but he couldn't put his shot past a charging Tim Howard who made a good stop. Everton could have snatched a late but perhaps deserved equaliser in the last minute of the game, but Mikel Arteta's toe-poked effort when one-on-one with the 'keeper was saved by Schwarzer's outstretched hand and the ball was scrambled away by the Fulham defence. Everton continued to press in injury time but Fulham just about kept them at bay. Although Fulham had a slight possession advantage, both sides had six shots a piece and a draw would have been a fair result but Fulham managed to hold on to the win.

jerichoholictufcfan (Fulham) 1 - 1 The British Bushwacker (Spurs)

A good game though a draw was probably a fair result overall.

Spurs had the best of most of the first half but neither side had many clear cut chances. Fulham pressed during the second half and went ahead in the 74th minute through a Danny Murphy corner which has headed home by Brede Hangeland. Fulham had a chance to go two up after the kickoff when a Zamora/Dembele combo ended in one of them missing pretty much an open goal with a poor header. They were made to pay as in the 78th minute from the goal kick after the wayward header, Jermaine Defoe broke through the Fulham defence and blasted the ball past Mark Schwarzer.

Lawz 2-1 Rohpete.

Tough start, Everton flew out of the box with a goal to go 1-0 up but United were able to pull it level from a Rio Ferdinand header from a corner and a Wayne Rooney header was enough to give United a slender win.

Lawz 3-0 The British Bushwacker

Rooney gave United the lead from a devestating shot off the post and in to give the United the lead and beat Gomes after he had saved brilliantly from a header early on. Valencias powerful shot in side the box rocketed off the bar on its way in to put United 2-0 up and the game was sewn up late on with a typical long range effort from Paul Scholes.

Archived