FIFA 2011 Playstation 3 Tournie

TildeGuy~!

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members
bumclasshero 1-1 el nicko locko

Good, tight game, little disappointed not to win but I'll take it.

Agreed mate. Was pretty chuffed to get a point out of it after going 1 down. You were all over me in the last few minutes and I thought you'd scored, but thankfully it was ruled out for offside.

Goals

Olic- nicely taken.

Eto'o- With a nice assist from Sneijder.

bumclasshero 1-1 el nicko locko

Good, tight game, little disappointed not to win but I'll take it.

Agreed mate. Was pretty chuffed to get a point out of it after going 1 down. You were all over me in the last few minutes and I thought you'd scored, but thankfully it was ruled out for offside.

Goals

Olic- nicely taken.

Eto'o- With a nice assist from Sneijder.

Nice work on uploading the goals. Sneijder just slipped it straight through the middle of those two clumsy centre backs, absolute disection. As for Tommy Muller, I dont think 'mare covers it :laugh:

Tildeguy~ 3-0 jerichoholictufcfan

Didier Drogba hattrick

It certainly was the Didier Drogba show.

The first chance of the game came to Fulham when a half chance from just inside the area failed to trouble Petr Cech. Chelsea took the lead after 14 minutes when Didier Drogba took advantage of a foul a few yards outside the box and curled in a free kick past a helpless Mark Schwarzer. One or two half chances fell to both teams throughout the rest of the first half, but Chelsea had been the better side and proved it when Didier Drogba headed in a cross after the Fulham defence left him completely unmarked. In the second half Fulham tried to get back in the game, but a lack of quality and good defending hampered them, the best chance perhaps falling to Andrew Johnson who found himself clean through but didn't have the legs to outrun the Chelsea defence and sliced a right footed shot wide of the post from the edge of the box. The Cottagers had to wary of not concentrating too much on attack and almost paid the price when Drogba ran past several dozing defenders in a mazy run down the right wing but the move ultimately didn't lead to a conclusive third goal. Fulham did pay the price in the last minute though, as they were searching for a perhaps useful consolation goal an attack broke down and the ball quickly found it's way in to the Fulham half and to the feet of Didier Drogba who put the ball past Schwarzer to claim his and Chelsea's third in a man of the match performance for the Ivorian. The best team won and Chelsea will have certainly sent a message to the rest of tournament by winning their first two games, the second in fairly convincing fashion. Fulham will have to pick themselves up and hope they can improve the quality they were lacking in the final third.

Edit:

Also, Lawz 2 - 1 Jerichoholictufcfan

Man Utd dominated a game which they would have won more comfortably if it were not for Mark Schwarzer who stood firm in the Fulham net. Man Utd showed their attacking intent from the start when they controlled the ball from the kick-off and went ahead after just four minutes when Anderson played the ball to Rooney who had lost his marker in the area and calmly slotted the ball past Schwarzer. The Australian international make a smart save a few minutes later when he stopped the oncoming Man U striker in a one-on-one battle. A few chances later United made their superiority count when a poorly underhit pass from a free kick by Pantsil was intercepted by an alert Nani who slid a perfect through ball in to the path of Rooney, who calmly sidestepped Schwarzer and slid the ball in to an open net. Fulham had their first shot of the game late in the half when Van der Sar made a smart stop from a Johnson effort inside the area. The Cottagers, just like in the Chelsea game, had a bit more confidence in the second half and started to press forward without really creating too many chances. Man Utd had a few decent chances in the second half but Schwarzer was equal to them. In the 82nd minute Fulham set up a jittery finish for the Red Devils when Andy Johnson headed home a cross after determined play down the righthand side for Fulham. It was United who came closest in the final few minutes though, forcing Schwarzer to make a fine one-handed save from an effort from the edge of the area. When the match ended, Fulham could have no complaints, and for the second match running the better side came away with the points.

• Paid Members

Tezzrexx 4-0 El Nicko Loco.

Ouch. Went into 0-0 half time. Thought I had more possession than Tezz, but just didn't do anything with it. Villa defended like lions the entire game and as it wore on I paid the price. Brilliant goal scored by Ashley Young, right over Julio Cesar's head. The second was a mixture of defensive naivety on my part and excellent reactions from Villa's part. Young (?) again lobbing Cesar after he broke through a napping defense.

Inter actually had more chances on target in the second half than in their first...and they all either went well wide or straight into the keeper who didn't break a sweat. I'm pretty sure I had a shot with Eto'o, Sneijder and Militio, and Freidel stopped all three of them. I don't know how many millions of euro's of talent there is with that front three, but it was like a training exercise for Freidel. After that, I was schooled with two more well taken efforts, though the fourth was a bit suspicious offside wise! Surley the game should be replayed for that travesty of injustice ;) Fun game, but naturally a bit pissed off as I was outclassed at times there.

And also;

El Nicko Loco 2-0 belfast_suntan.

BOUNCE BACK ABILITY~. After the drubbing from Tezz, I pulled it around here with my first (and much needed) first three points. Tight game, pretty similar to the one I had with bumclasshero and on another day I think it would've been a draw. Two creative goals involving ariel play won the day for me though. For the first, Sneijder plays a short, lobbed through ball over the Juve back four as Maicon darts through them on the flank and steams toward the goal one on one, scoring with a nice side slotted effort with a little help from the post. The second saw Eto'o get near the edge of the goalie's 6 yard box, chip it up in the air and an unmarked Sneijder headed it home. Juve came close a couple of times in the second half and my defending was a bit poor at times to be fair. Overall though, delighted to get that win as I really needed it after that trouncing previously.

So currently I've picked up 4 points from 3 games. One left for me in the group and against a team I have absolutely no idea about as well. Squeaky bum time. Tildeguy looks like the man to beat right now in group A, don't fancy coming up against him in the last four much!

Archived