Ice Cream!

JLM

I loved Ice Cream but now Im lactose intolerant (cant have milk) so I can only have expensive stuff thats pretty tasteless :( so everyone dont take it for granted.

From the good old days my faves were B&J phish food or when I was in Florida I had some great flavours but Butterfinger was awesome, like a creamy buttery chocolatey peanut wonder........might go have a cry now...

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Ben and Jerry's was half price in Tesco last time I check too. Been about 4 days since then though.

It was still on sale yesterday. They so need to do Berry Voluntary and Cake Batter over here.

Edit:

Also whilst in the states, I got a really nice tub of low fat (possibly even no fat) pumpkin ice cream. Possibly the nicest ice cream I had on my month long US trip though was the complimentary sweet potato ice cream that I got when I ate at Jimmy Jamm's Sweet Potato Pie restaurant on the outskirts of Chicago. So creamy with a hint of spice.

Ben and Jerry's was half price in Tesco last time I check too. Been about 4 days since then though.

It was still on sale yesterday. They so need to do Berry Voluntary and Cake Batter over here.

The deal's on until the 23rd, so still two more weeks of half-price Ben & Jerrys :thumbsup:

• Paid Members

Ben and Jerry's UK facebook page are running something called 'Unfairly DesSerted', where you can vote for flavours the UK doesn't get but the US does!

Choices are:

Minter Wonderland (hell that sounds good)

One Sweet Whirled

Dublin Mudslide

The Vermonster

Oatmeal Cookie Crunch

Double Trouble

Coconut Almond Fudge Chip

Island Paradise

Oatmeal Cookie Crunch is currently in the lead, I voted for Minter Wonderland. You can vote once a day, tomorrow I shall be voting for One Sweet Whirled.

• Moderators
Ok, after careful study of all the Cold Stone videos I have one question.

What's the deal with the singing??

In the US they do it everytime someone tips them. And sometimes just for the sake of it. It's horrible.

• Paid Members
Ok, after careful study of all the Cold Stone videos I have one question.

What's the deal with the singing??

In the US they do it everytime someone tips them. And sometimes just for the sake of it. It's horrible.

I've come to the conclusion that the Japanese are better at this than Americans. I've also noticed that Cold Stone has stores in Qatar....what about the UK!?

• 1 month later...
Ben and Jerry's UK facebook page are running something called 'Unfairly DesSerted', where you can vote for flavours the UK doesn't get but the US does!

Choices are:

Minter Wonderland (hell that sounds good)

One Sweet Whirled

Dublin Mudslide

The Vermonster

Oatmeal Cookie Crunch

Double Trouble

Coconut Almond Fudge Chip

Island Paradise

Oatmeal Cookie Crunch is currently in the lead, I voted for Minter Wonderland. You can vote once a day, tomorrow I shall be voting for One Sweet Whirled.

I've had those 3 from my local shops but then again they've said in the past that they just get random crates of the stuff when it's discounted for whatever reason(usually cos it's about to expire.) Yeah Minter Wonderland is awesome but The Vermonster is so much nicer IMO

• Paid Members

I really hope that coffee, caramel and marshmallow one has a sudden surge in popularity. Now that I've heard it described I could never be truly satisfied until I tried it.

My favorite is just a simple vanilla ice cream made handmade from The Newlands Cafe in Shawlands (Glasgow Southside). It has been a family secret blend for years. Ive been buying a single nougat from them on and off for over 20 years and it still is the same as it always is.

Archived