Ice Cream!

JLM

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members
I can remember the yellow hot dog van that was there was also outside the taxi rank near the bus station.. you could get food in 5th ave.. bad food but was still available so a hotdog machine isnt out of the realms of possibility prob one of these ones that does microwave chips an all.. though usually went to best takeaway or the curry place by Argos (inshops/Coop)

It appears that I was born too late... :-(

I remember when Gino Genelli ice cream was the best high street brand on the market,the mint choc chip had actual pieces of mint in it and the chocolate tasted a less of cardboard than stuff you would get at Safeways.

"Tutti Frutti what a cutie, take a gino home with you".

• Paid Members

Ben and Jerrys are generally pretty over-rated, except for a few. There was a white chocolate Polar Bear themed one at some point that was pretty rockin' and there 'Wichs are made in Flavour Country fo' sho'. Haagen Daaz seriously owns them on the Cookie Dough front though. Haagens vanilla ice cream is so fucking tasty that any with it involved become instantly awesome and better than anything Benjamin or Jerald could muster up.

Man, I haven't had Ice Cream in an age.

Also, Douche Do-Loosh.

I can remember the yellow hot dog van that was there was also outside the taxi rank near the bus station.. you could get food in 5th ave.. bad food but was still available so a hotdog machine isnt out of the realms of possibility prob one of these ones that does microwave chips an all.. though usually went to best takeaway or the curry place by Argos (inshops/Coop)

How late is that??????

• Paid Members

How late is that??????

Well I'm 25. My 33 y/o brother remembers fondly, so I'd guess 8 years?

DSC_0037.jpg

:omg:

That looked amazing until I read the words 'sea salt'!

SALT!?!?

EDIT:

LOL! JLM! I nearly choked on my peanut cookie!

Have you not tried KFC avalanche ice creams? A bit of salt in sweet ice cream is delicious.

Its all about Phish Food for me, by far the best ice cream.

Also, I'm planning on having a rocky horror at Harvester on Friday, can't wait.

• Moderators

Ice cream sandwiches rock the body that rocks the party.. When I was a kid they were just some generic no brand thing. After not seeing them for years I found them in my local Post Office in Reading a few years back and then didn't see them again for a while.. it seems these days B&Js are the only ones stil repping the wich, so they get props for that... Rarely if ever buy their ice cream tubs full price though; just doesn't seem worth the money. Grwat stuff when it's on offer..

• Paid Members

Oh yeah it's gotta be on offer. It really is ludicrously overpriced otherwise. Much like Dominos Pizza, except that's still pretty friggin' steep when they have deals on.

Archived