Ice Cream!

JLM

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

I can see it working in a "takes the edge off the chocolate on caramel in caramel with caramel ribbons" sweetness. I bet that's a mighty fine ice cream.

However, I read "sea salt accents" and I just expect it to go "YARRRRRRR" when you take the lid off.

Doesn't help grew up in the 'Home of Walls' purpose built factory to double capacity from the split of the meat and ice cream companies c 1959. and went round the factory when these things were open. free Ice Creams and used to get loads of testers that never made it else where :( Then Fucking Unilever wrecked it Cunts ( its now less than 1/2 of what it was

You're from Gloucester? The roundabout here is actually called the "Walls" roundabout...

Lived there for 18 years on and off. Still got rele's and mates in that neck of the woods. Most my drinking dens of old are long gone... Malt and Hops, The Brunny, The Lamprey Hotel, Dreams, 5th Ave et al.

Ended up in what used to be the Greyfriars last time I was back that way

Yes Ice Cream is taken very seriously in Glos. I can still remember the furore when Sadies opened next to the Cinema ( The Regal now) Bloody nice Ice Cream though.. That and a 500 ml can of Sunkist.. Easily pleased

• Paid Members

This can be very true. Like if you have salt and vinegar crisps and chocolate quite soon after each other. Or in classier examples. But that one stands out

Nobody choke on any peanut cookies. I'm not having nutty confectionery deaths on my hands.

Not again.

• Paid Members
Doesn't help grew up in the 'Home of Walls' purpose built factory to double capacity from the split of the meat and ice cream companies c 1959. and went round the factory when these things were open. free Ice Creams and used to get loads of testers that never made it else where :( Then Fucking Unilever wrecked it Cunts ( its now less than 1/2 of what it was

You're from Gloucester? The roundabout here is actually called the "Walls" roundabout...

Lived there for 18 years on and off. Still got rele's and mates in that neck of the woods. Most my drinking dens of old are long gone... Malt and Hops, The Brunny, The Lamprey Hotel, Dreams, 5th Ave et al.

Yes Ice Cream is taken very seriously in Glos. I can still remember the furore when Sadies opened next to the Cinema ( The Regal now) Bloody nice Ice Cream though.. That and a 500 ml can of Sunkist.. Easily pleased

I have heard legend and folklore of these places. My brother speaks with much merriment of 5th Ave. Apparently there used to be a hotdog machine outside?

The best Ben & Jerry's was the Cheesecake one, but they now only do that in Frozen Yoghurt, which is clearly FOR GAYS and nobody stocks it.

So I now have to choke down Chocolate Macadamia. :sneaky:

Oh and Carte d'Or Greek Yoghurt and Honey is immense, but I've not seen it since Christmas.

Oh, by the way, just a heads-up - B&J's is half price in my local Morrisons ATM, dunno if it's a national thing. :thumbsup:

I have heard legend and folklore of these places. My brother speaks with much merriment of 5th Ave. Apparently there used to be a hotdog machine outside?

I can remember the yellow hot dog van that was there was also outside the taxi rank near the bus station.. you could get food in 5th ave.. bad food but was still available so a hotdog machine isnt out of the realms of possibility prob one of these ones that does microwave chips an all.. though usually went to best takeaway or the curry place by Argos (inshops/Coop)

Archived