Ice Cream!

JLM

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

I tried one of these posh funny name ice creams once, we were on holiday and that was all the bloke really had in his wheel along trolley. Any way, it was alright but wasn't a patch on some others at that price or cheaper. A feast for example. I wouldn't go for Ben and Jerry's or something like it over a good quality cheep vanilla or Neapolitan for the home. Just having some ice cream is treat enough for me to be honest. Those caramel magnums are nice though.

I did have a class one in an Italian once though. Strawberry and vanilla ice cream, cream, nuts, strawberry's, strawberry sauce, amaretti biscuits and plenty of amaretto. That was nice I thought.

I can remember the yellow hot dog van that was there was also outside the taxi rank near the bus station.. you could get food in 5th ave.. bad food but was still available so a hotdog machine isnt out of the realms of possibility prob one of these ones that does microwave chips an all.. though usually went to best takeaway or the curry place by Argos (inshops/Coop)

It appears that I was born too late... :-(

How late is that??????

Well I'm 25. My 33 y/o brother remembers fondly, so I'd guess 8 years?

That would tally Iam 31 so yeah makes sense

• Paid Members
That would tally Iam 31 so yeah makes sense

If you don't mind me asking, were you schooled locally or elsewhere?

In unrelated news, I went to the cinema last night, watched A-Team. Forgot that Cineworld Gloucester doesn't have a Ben & Jerry's bar so ended up with just a small pot of Caramel Chew Chew as they don't do Cherry Garcia.

I will be honest, I was disappointed.

• 1 month later...
  • Moderators

I went to a Ben and Jerry's shop the other week and had "Boston Cream Pie". Large pieces of cake in it. It was lovely. Got a tub of it a couple of weeks later and found the cake pieces SIGNIFICANTLY smaller. Anyone else noticed a difference between shop and tub flavours like that before?

I felt like writing them a letter of disgust.

Thanks,

neil

(Retired.)

Phish Food rocks my world, but I'm pretty certain they've re-formulated it pretty recently to reduce the vast reservoirs of caramel you used to find in it. Indeed, the caramel is barely visible these days. You don't seem to find quite as many rich seams of marshmallow any more either. B&J also do Vanilla Caramel Fudge, but weirdly Pizza Hut seem to have a monopoly on it over here. :(

Archived