Hulk Hogan is on Facey

IANdrewDiceClay

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 6 months later...

It's great to be HH's friend on Facebook at the moment. Not only is he going to do a Q&A session, but he's been asking me what I think his catchphrase should be if he was shilling Old Spice.

Plus, you can now leave messages for him directly on his Wall!

Ian, I'm sure you've been all over this unless you're too busy playing footsie with Schiavone.

• Paid Members

I've been scanning it from a distance, and if there's anything I can do for the big man, I'm sure he'll reply to one of my 200 tweets this morning.

If he was shilling old spice, I'd have Geri Halliwell on the advert with him asking how many inches his python is. Hogan then sprays the Old Spice down his yellow trunks looks into the camera and a dubbed Kenith Williams impresonator says "ooh matron" as the Old Spice tune plays.

I was thinking more "Smells like money, brother!"

Hogan's great, he spends most of his time stoned and posting pictures of sunsets. He's really a most affable character.

• Paid Members

He comes across like a top bloke online and sends some very nice replies to kids etc who contact him, he really comes across as a class act which is what most people who aren't seen as his enemies have always said about him, even Meltzer I think said he was one of the classiest guys he's seen, outside the business.

• Paid Members

I was watching a bunch of Hogan US interviews from the 90s, on YouTube. He needs to start going back to that patter when he's interviewed. He comes across like the nicest man in the world in all of them. Always taking the piss out of himself etc. Like a muscled up Tom Hanks.

• Paid Members
even Meltzer I think said he was one of the classiest guys he's seen, outside the business.

He said Hogan and Goldberg do the most charity for the least amount of publicity. He also said Hogan was "charming" in real life. I agree with Blackson Jackson. Hogan should chill the fuck out and drop his gimmick during interviews. He's much more likable when he's sitting on a sofa with Eamon Holmes or Des O'Connor (in a white suit).

• Paid Members

Iv'e always seen Hogan as a nice guy who does what you need to do to survive in the wrestling business and to portect his own business. I'm sure if he worked down the local everyone would think he was smashing. Admittedly he exagerates and has down some questionable things but haven't we all, definately think Hogan gets a bad rap from some rasslin fans.

• Paid Members
Iv'e always seen Hogan as a nice guy who does what you need to do to survive in the wrestling business and to portect his own business. I'm sure if he worked down the local everyone would think he was smashing. Admittedly he exagerates and has down some questionable things but haven't we all, definately think Hogan gets a bad rap from some rasslin fans.

Hogans only real downfall is his mong family. Oh, that and him constantly talking shite.

In a business filled with complete ship wrecks, he's not that bad.

Hulk Hogan Facebook Q&A Highlights

I trawl it so you don't have to

Q: if you had one last match, who would it be against and why?

A: Stone Cold. HH

Q: Hulk do you have plans to visit the UK?

A: I've got to see what the Impact travel schedule is. HH

Q: will you ever do CCW again?

A: If invited, I'd try to make it happen. HH

Q: could you raise awareness for Spinal Muscular Atrophy?

A: Post info to the wall, and I will make sure it gets on my updates. HH

Q: What's the maximum amount of people Liacouras Center in Philadelphia can hold?

A: Call the Fire Chief and check it out. HH

Q: Do you hate having to do the hulk character yet? I saw one interview during the NWO period with Regis where he wanted you to do the Hulk character, because that was all he knew. You did a masterful job of handling it. It just seems to me that you wish you could bury that character to create a new one, and not something as lame as the Patriot.

A: He's so much of who I am, and I've embraced this a lot in the last few years. Sure I want to move ahead, just not at the expense of history. HH

Q: Any chance U & Warrior could finally settle ur differences in the ring?

A: Tried to out of the ring, I don't think the success would be there in the ring. HH

Q: Why do you ignore me when I ask you to pull of a moonsault?

A: Did you see how messed up my back was/is? I'm not doing anything to screw it up. HH

and a teaser for tomorrow:

Q: Whats your view on dr d david schultz?

A: You really want that one answered, don't you? I'll answer that one on the wall for you tonight or tomorrow if you post it. HH

EDIT: also it's worth noting that the Old Spice thing looks like a serious business proposal. Hulk as the face of Old Spice. Nice.

• Paid Members

Surely there is some money mark over here willing to pay him the stupid money he demands? They should bring him over, do a autograph signing and a Q&A, do a supershow where he does and angle with Beefcake at the end of it and sell the signed DVD's of the show or something. I imagine he'll be in Shawn Michaels price range. Get him over. He's done Australia and Canada in the last 2 years. Make the UK his next destination. Hogan was big over here in the early 90s. He had that MASSIVE hit single, Thunder in Paradise on Saturday mornings and he had a cartoon still active on weekday afternoons. And he was getting on shows like Jonathan Ross, The British Comedy Awards, Des O'Connar and GMTV. Here's what they should do, promote a supershow with Hogan, and then stick him in Big Brother. I'd watch.

The recent Old Spice ads are great too. The Bruce Campbell one especially.

I can scarcely imagine how good a Hogan one would be.

That's awesome. How long is that picture of ships in the background! If that's the route they go with Hogan, it could be immense.

Archived