Comic Book and Superhero movie & TV discussion.

Bellenda Carlisle

Crow remake to be filled in Cardiff, source - BBC

Cult 90s film The Crow will be remade at the Pinewood Studios in Cardiff, the first minister has announced.

It will be the first multi-million pound A-list film to get made at the new facilities on the outskirts of the Welsh capital.

The original film starred Brandon Lee, who died on set after being accidentally shot.

Carwyn Jones made the announcement while visiting the studios as Pinewood marks its first year in Wales.

The new film will draw on the Welsh government's £30m Media Investment Budget - which has already been used to help fund the film Take Down.

But a reboot of The Crow is a real feather in cap for the new studio, as the original remains highly regarded with passionate fans.

It began life as a dark fantasy action comic book story, in which rock musician Eric Draven is revived from the dead to avenge his murder and death of his girlfriend.

The original film spawned a number of sequels and a television series.

Actor Jack Huston is widely reported to be in talks to take on the lead role, after earlier speculation that Welsh actor and The Hobbit star Luke Evans might take the part.

The studio confirmed that The Crow "will begin filming at Pinewood shortly".

Kurt Sutter and Paris Barclay are overseeing a new US cable series at Pinewood

"It will be first major feature film production to be shot at the studio," said the company.

Touring the facilities at Wentloog on Monday, First Minister Carwyn Jones said: "The fact Pinewood has chosen to open a facility in Wales and so many production companies are filming here is testament to our beautiful landscape, vibrant cities, wonderful historical assets."

He said alongside a skilled workforce and Welsh government support "these combine to make our nation an excellent place to produce high quality film and television".

The studios are already committed to another major production - an historical drama for the US cable channel FX.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

A link was posted in the General Movie, thread but figured this could go here too.

2FF1F5F5-B646-44B5-9E20-933639F3DCA0_zps

The first pic of Jared Leto as The Joker for Suicide Squad, sort of.

Whilst a clear homage to the cover of The Killing Joke, it doesn't really give a great deal away about the appearance of the character

Edited by WyattSheepMask

• Paid Members

I'll stay spoiler free but how fantastic is the Daredevil series. Looking forward to the rest of The Defenders series now but as soon as I'd finished the first episode it just left me wanting a Punisher tv series.

Edited by chokeout

• Paid Members

I'm on Daredevil ep 9 and it's been superb. Kingpin is so well cast. In fact everyone is well cast. Your absolutely right, never have I been more convinced Marvel need to get Punisher back.

I thought Ant-man was a strange choice when I first heard about the film, but I really liked the tone of the first teaser and I trust Marvel to deliver something decent. To be fair to them, I've watched everything they've released under the MCU banner (except the Daredevil show) and enjoyed all of it, bar a few iffy episodes of Agents of Shield. For me, it's the most consistently great franchise in cinema. 

I put it down to studio execs thinking "comic book movies are popular, let's make fecking loads of them" and just commissioning any old thing they can afford the rights to. Every minor character now seems to be getting either included in one of the movies of the big hitters or getting their own movie. 2020 even has a movie for Cyborg for fucks sake