Comic Book and Superhero movie & TV discussion.

Bellenda Carlisle

• Paid Members

I know a multi hundred million dollar film and a sexy millionaire oscar winning actor really don't need me white knighting them but I'm disappointed in the mostly negative reaction to the announcement of Ben Affleck taking the role of Batman.

I bet Warner Bros and Affleck thought everyone would be blown away by the announcement of the newly credible filmmaker taking over one of the biggest roles in movies but everyone seems to want to shit on things before it's even possible to give them a chance. There seems to be an automatic backlash for so many things these days it's depressing, can't people just wait and see and hope to be impressed? I hated Iron Man 3 and The Dark Knight Rises but I was at the cinema as soon as they came out hoping they'd be awesome.

Obama asked to stop Ben Affleck playing Batman

Affleck already training for Batman role

How Ben Affleck was cast as Batman

Josh Brolin and Ryan Gosling were both offered the role and passed on it. Ben has signed for multiple films

• Paid Members
Yes it got made! I really want to see that documentary and it looks like they managed to get Nic Cage involved too which is awesome, can't wait.

What makes you think they got Cage involved? The only footage they have if him is from a press junket. Bit worried about the quality of the trailer to be honest.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Paid Members

If this hasn't just been released I have no idea how I haven't seen it til now, here's Christian Bale auditioning for Batman Begins wearing one of the suits from one of the Schumacher films. Don't think it's a particularly great audition if I'm being honest but I thought Bale was the best thing about the Batman films he was in and seeing this footage is fun.

Christian Bale's Batman audition