Comic Book and Superhero movie & TV discussion.

Bellenda Carlisle

• Paid Members

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=m5_A0Wx0jU4

New DareDevil trailer that's mostly about the Punisher. I don't know this guy but he's got a great look for the role, The Punisher is one of those characters that has a particular face and this guy has it. Series one was amazing and I have no doubt this is going to be awesome too and continue to make Flash and Arrow look like Holkyoaks.

SPOILER - Highlight the black box to read
Surprised not to see Fisk in it at all, is he not in this series then?

That chap was Shane in "the Walking Dead", and is very good indeed.

It does look very good, interesting to see if they give the punisher the full comic book look, but he looks great as he is to be honest.

Edited by Mr.E

• Paid Members

It does look very good, interesting to see if they give the punisher the full comic book look, but he looks great as he is to be honest.

Normally I'd be eagerly awaiting the comic book look but DareDevil was just as good to watch before he got his costume so I trust them to do whatever they want.

• Paid Members

In theory The Punisher is made for TV, rather than film. There's not much you can do with him in a few hours (He kills people, he misses his family) and he works far better when he has a foil to argue the morality of it all, which it sounds like they'll be doing, based on that trailer. I honestly can't wait to see this series

That's been known for a while now hasn't it? That he has been cast as ( spoiler tagged just in case)

Peter's father

I remember reading an interview with Russell where he was asked about how much of a role he would actually have, to which he replied "you guys probably know more about the plot than I do"

Edited by WyattSheepMask

• Paid Members

I always thought Kurt would make a good Corsair/Christopher Summers, for some reason. Not that they'd ever go that route for an X-Men film, I don't think. "X-Men in space" would sound like the premise for a terrible low-budget spin-off.

I know I'm late to the party here, but I watched X-Men: First Class the other day. Fucking loved it. Fassbender is great as Magneto, although perhaps he made the future villain a little too relatable, or maybe that was just me. Also I nearly lost it crying (on a fucking plane) at the end when Xavier gets shot, putting that down to emotionalness due to tiredness.

Also just watched Batman Begins (I know, I know). That was also brilliant, so well paced and the action was great. I have a couple of questions, though. Why was Katie Holmes replaced in the Dark Knight? The replacement was a) less attractive and b) less good at acting. Also, I saw it at the cinema originally (TDK), but just re-watched on the plane. I thought the joker died at the end? In the airline version, he's hanging there on the edge of the building, and then suddenly we're in another scene and we never see him again. What?

Joker doesn't die in any version of TDK, it's implied that he was arrested, but you don't see that happen either, and presumably gets shipped off to Arkham Asylum. I assume also that Joker would have return for the third film, but Heath Ledger's death put the skids on that obviously.

Katie Holmes declined to return for TDK as she and Tom Cruise had had a child a year after Batman Begins.

• Paid Members

Why was Katie Holmes replaced in the Dark Knight? The replacement was a) less attractive and b) less good at acting. Also, I saw it at the cinema originally (TDK), but just re-watched on the plane. I thought the joker died at the end? In the airline version, he's hanging there on the edge of the building, and then suddenly we're in another scene and we never see him again. What?

I was under the impression that Tom Cruise didn't want her doing such a violent movie (Dark Knight) because, Scientology and women.

Joker wasn't killed off out of respect for Ledgers' memory. I don't think they were ever planning to kill him off either because the character was so well written and popular that he'd have to have returned in some capacity for Rises.

• Paid Members

I know I'm late to the party here, but I watched X-Men: First Class the other day. Fucking loved it. Fassbender is great as Magneto, although perhaps he made the future villain a little too relatable, or maybe that was just me.

Funnily enough I watched First Class with my mate who hadn't seen it yet on Friday with a promise that he won't watch Days until I'm round next. At the bank scene he remarked "Fassbender was perfect for Magneto" and he really is. I wouldn't really worry about relatable, the whole idea of Charles and Erik is that they're not enemies in the truest sense, their ideologies force them into opposition. Magneto, like all great villains, firmly believes he's fighting the true and just cause, fighting to protect the oppressed and persecuted (i.e. mutants) against those that fear, hate and ultimately would destroy them (mankind). I'd be more worried if he wasn't relatable. The flip side being that Charles believes in fighting for peace and co-existence with mankind, who by and large are meant to be good (?) but have enough dickheads (the Strykers and Trasks of the world) to make their cause like look evil, even though from their point of view.... it's true and just. That's the tragedy. X-Men is all about shades of grey, something that X2, First Class and Days all pulled off brilliantly with dual enemy within/without conflicts.

The only problem with Fassbender's portrayal of Magneto is that he went a bit Irish near the end. "Da humans have played dere hand!"

Joker doesn't die in any version of TDK, it's implied that he was arrested, but you don't see that happen either, and presumably gets shipped off to Arkham Asylum. I assume also that Joker would have return for the third film, but Heath Ledger's death put the skids on that obviously.

Katie Holmes declined to return for TDK as she and Tom Cruise had had a child a year after Batman Begins.

I believe that in the novelisation of Dark Knight Rises, it's Implied Joker is the sole resident of Arkham Asylum after everybody else is shipped off to black gate.