Comic Book and Superhero movie & TV discussion.

Bellenda Carlisle

I assuming the Avengers logo inthe corner will be related to it. Maybe details about what Avengers 3 will contain?

Edit: having said that, Age of Ultron is out later than I expected. As the deal has only been struck between Disney & Sony, surely the best you can hope for is a credits scene rather than being in the movie itself

Edited by WyattSheepMask

Turns out the March 5th announcement is just a new (most likely the final) trailer for Age of Ultron

That's not really an announcement though, and hasn't the fact a new trailer is coming already been announced?

• Awards Moderator

I don't know anything about announcements or announcing of announcement, but the trailer is fantastic, I'm really excited for Age of Ultron now. The local multiplex is doing an Avengers double bill on release night, Avengers Assemble at 9.30 followed by Ultron at (around) midnight. I am extremely tempted to book the Thursday off work and go for it.

• Paid Members

And the new trailer looks awesome.

im almost tempted to do the midnight showing, they are doing a triple bill at my local, avengers, winter solider, avengers 2. Thats a long old day. I see some utter nutcases are running all the flims back to back 27 hours worth

Edited by quote the raven

• Paid Members

It's taken about 17 episodes but I finally started to get into Arrow. The soapy badly written soap opera stuff seems to slowly minimise at a certain point and it starts to find it's feet. It still irritates me how they started it out like the producers mandate was to close their eyes, put their fingers in their ears and repeat 'it's not a comic book superhero show'.

About half way through season 1 they seemed to realise their target audience wasn't tween girls and that they needed an actual direction to go in instead of constantly talking about feelings and rubbish.

I wish they would put a little more colour into the costumes and use the characters names more.

The first half of s1 was a pretty hard slog. I basically only stuck with it to see how they do The Flash and I'm a sucker for any mention of the DCU. Also I have fallen for Felicity Smoak.

I might give some Green Arrow a read. Any recommendations on key TPBs?

It's taken about 17 episodes but I finally started to get into Arrow. The soapy badly written soap opera stuff seems to slowly minimise at a certain point and it starts to find it's feet. It still irritates me how they started it out like the producers mandate was to close their eyes, put their fingers in their ears and repeat 'it's not a comic book superhero show'.

About half way through season 1 they seemed to realise their target audience wasn't tween girls and that they needed an actual direction to go in instead of constantly talking about feelings and rubbish.

I wish they would put a little more colour into the costumes and use the characters names more.

The first half of s1 was a pretty hard slog. I basically only stuck with it to see how they do The Flash and I'm a sucker for any mention of the DCU. Also I have fallen for Felicity Smoak.

I've never read a Green Arrow book in my life, but Arrow is my favourite TV Show right now.  You need to put some graft in and catch up if you're still on Season 1

• Paid Members

"Quiver" is an excellent one, and "The Sound Of Violence", written by Kevin Smith, is awesome - the onomatopoeia killer is a great creation. Also, Green Lantern/Green Arrow is definitely worth a read - it's not the best story you'll find, but it does cover some key character developments for both guys.

• Paid Members

I love the Green Arrow, he's one of my favourites, I do watch Arrow as well and for the most part I really enjoy it. I've got nothing against reinventing Green Arrow as a more serious character but I think not calling him Green Arrow was a bad idea from a marketing and PR standpoint, the character has a rich history and 'the hood' 'the arrow' sound just as retarded anyway. Anyway season 3 is going slightly downhill but it's still ons of my favourite things on TV.

For Green Arrow comics to read I'd go with the Longbow hunters, Justice League Rise and Fall, the first new 52 book 'the midas touch'is decent if you like Arrow because he's more like arrow in this incarnation as opposed to the jolly swashbuckler he always was. The Archer's quest is good too.

• Paid Members

Cheers for the tips. Will look into it. I'm on S2 Ep10 now and it's been consistently pretty entertaining and engaging for a while so I'm fully on board. I agree about calling him Green Arrow, the hood and Arrow are definitely just as silly so what's the point.