Shoot interviews

IANdrewDiceClay

• Paid Members

I didn't like Vaders timeline. The WCW ones have been so disappointing. Outside of Kevin Sullivan, nobody seems to give half a shit about telling the story of the time. Vader never tells us anything. He just agrees or puts himself over in a non-Paul Roma way. And he chose the wrong shirt that day, because he keeps pulling his shirt away from his neck and scratching and it plays havoc with the microphone.

Edited by IANdrewDiceClay

• Paid Members
I didn't like Vaders timeline. The WCW ones have been so disappointing. Outside of Kevin Sullivan, nobody seems to give half a shit about telling the story of the time. Vader never tells us anything. He just agrees or puts himself over in a non-Paul Roma way. And he chose the wrong shirt that day, because he keeps pulling his shirt away from his neck and scratching and it plays havoc with the microphone.

Have to agree with that which is a real shame.

Vader youshoot? much better idea

• Paid Members

Based on the Boss' recommendation back there, I have watched - and thoroughly enjoyed - Paul Roma's shoot.

His arrogance and sense of self worth is infectious rather than off putting and he tells a fascinating tale. A great man, and I'm Youtubing some of his old days now.

Power and Glory weren't half bad, on an aged viewing, were they?

I'm listening to Shane Douglas at the moment in work. I do like Douglas, I've always had a soft spot for the man, but after a while his shoots all sound the same.

• 1 month later...
  • Moderators
Based on the Boss' recommendation back there, I have watched - and thoroughly enjoyed - Paul Roma's shoot.

His arrogance and sense of self worth is infectious rather than off putting and he tells a fascinating tale. A great man, and I'm Youtubing some of his old days now.

Power and Glory weren't half bad, on an aged viewing, were they?

I'm watching Roma's shoot right now, and it's incredible. It may be the most deluded shoot yet, which is really saying something.

Everyone in the locker room reacted to him in one of two ways -- they feared him, or respected him. He had the best body in the business, which everyone kept telling him, although he didn't take steroids. When it was piss-test time, the locker room would say "Thank God, Roma's here!" and he'd give each of them a little bit of his so-clean-you-could-drink-it wee wee, so they could pass. He also nearly had Koko B. Ware killed by his mates, the Chicago mafia.

There are many references to his not being a loser, and being one of life's big achievers, compared to the other guys on the roster. Reminder: this is Paul Roma.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Paid Members

Iv'e watched it all and it is a pretty decent watch. There's not really any huge revelation in it though and RF is still a massive idiot, example asking a question then immediately agreeing with the response. He seems to have a new twatty pal too who thinks he knows it all and corrected Pritchard on things a few times when he was wrong, Pritchard stood his ground at least.

I was really looking forward to hearing more about growing up in the Houston territory but they glossed over that in about 10 minutes out of a 6 hour interview. It's all mainly WWF stuff but it's more or less just going through the things that happened there.

Pritchard is still obviously friends with the McMahons etc too and doesn't want to bury anyone. I would reccomend listening to his Austin podcast two parter instead. Basically a condensed version of this.

• Paid Members
Pritchard is still obviously friends with the McMahons etc too and doesn't want to bury anyone. I would reccomend listening to his Austin podcast two parter instead. Basically a condensed version of this.

Yep. I haven't watched the shoot but his podcast with Austin is for sure worth a listen. I actually might try and find the shoot in MP3 format off the back of his thing with Austin.

• Paid Members
The only shocker was the amount of egg whites Vince eats

Tell us then. I'm not sitting through 6 hours of Brother Love to find out.

There's a few old shoots up on YouTube (for now, at least). Kurt Angle, two Sid ones, Rene Dupree, Dawn Marie, Rhino, Jeff Hardy, Torrie Wilson and maybe one or two others. Probably be gone soon though.