Shoot interviews

IANdrewDiceClay

• Paid Members

I've been working at home recently so I've been sticking old shoot interviews on in the background.

Got an old favourite on at the minute. The RF Ole Anderson shoot. I love it even more the second time around.

RF: What are your memories of Bill Watts as a colleague in the ring?

Ole: Say it again.

RF: Uh, your memories of Bill Watts as a colleague in the ring?

Ole: As a colleague? What the hell does that mean?

Ole: If he (Flair) died right now I'd be pissed only because he died right now. I'd want him to die slow."

RF: Why's that?

Ole: I hate the bastard.

RF: Memories of Lex Luger?

Ole: He was a piece of crap.

Ole: Because he was. Don't ask me why he was.

And classics such as;

"Piss on Dusty!"

"No, the movie was Road Warriors. Had to be. I know nothing about Mad Max."

"Do you have any idea what you're talking about?"

"Quit being so damn dumb!"

"STOP! Ask yourself a question and don't be so dumb sitting behind the camera."

It's a joy to watch the cantankerous old bastard. And even better listening to Feinstein's voice cracking as he scrambles around trying not to be shouted at. Ole's testing him at every turn and shaking his head at Feinstein's crapness never gets old.

I've got the Bad News Allen, Paul Roma and Jesse Ventura shoots ready to go for the next few days. Only seen bits of the Bad News one and nothing of the other two. I read good stuff about the Roma one on here. Is Ventura's any good?

• Paid Members

That lovely Bret Hart leather jacket from 97 was nicked at a WCW event. Maybe Bischoff had to keep buying them because Doug Dillenger kept falling asleep on duty.

All of Bret Hart's gear was stole eventually. Its why he had to start wrestling in jeans and t-shirt for his last few matches. Doug Dillenger had to be the shittest security man ever. Peoples shit got taken, fans would jump the ring at least once a week, rubbish would bombard the ring.

Edited by IANdrewDiceClay

That lovely Bret Hart leather jacket from 97 was nicked at a WCW event. Maybe Bischoff had to keep buying them because Doug Dillenger kept falling asleep on duty.

All of Bret Hart's gear was stole eventually. Its why he had to start wrestling in jeans and t-shirt for his last few matches. Doug Dillenger had to be the shittest security man ever. Peoples shit got taken, fans would jump the ring at least once a week, rubbish would bombard the ring.

Haha so very true!!

Dillenger dressed like my dad when you were summoned for a trip to B&Q on a Sunday afternoon. Denims, trainers and a polo shirt tucked in for good measure. If anything was kicking off or wrestlers were brawling in the crowd he was nowhere to be seen.

Meanwhile his counterpart in WWF at the time (the dude who wore the back-to-front Kangol hat) looked like someone who could snap your neck as soon as look at you. Not a chance in hell you'd have messed with him. It was almost like US Secret Service with president - whilst he never got in the way you just knew he was nearby.

Edited by Stylin_and_Profilin

I've been working at home recently so I've been sticking old shoot interviews on in the background.

Got an old favourite on at the minute. The RF Ole Anderson shoot. I love it even more the second time around.

RF: What are your memories of Bill Watts as a colleague in the ring?

Ole: Say it again.

RF: Uh, your memories of Bill Watts as a colleague in the ring?

Ole: As a colleague? What the hell does that mean?

Ole: If he (Flair) died right now I'd be pissed only because he died right now. I'd want him to die slow."

Ole: I hate the bastard.

RF: Memories of Lex Luger?

Ole: He was a piece of crap.

Ole: Because he was. Don't ask me why he was.

And classics such as;

"Piss on Dusty!"

"No, the movie was Road Warriors. Had to be. I know nothing about Mad Max."

"Do you have any idea what you're talking about?"

"Quit being so damn dumb!"

"STOP! Ask yourself a question and don't be so dumb sitting behind the camera."

It's a joy to watch the cantankerous old bastard. And even better listening to Feinstein's voice cracking as he scrambles around trying not to be shouted at. Ole's testing him at every turn and shaking his head at Feinstein's crapness never gets old.

I've got the Bad News Allen, Paul Roma and Jesse Ventura shoots ready to go for the next few days. Only seen bits of the Bad News one and nothing of the other two. I read good stuff about the Roma one on here. Is Ventura's any good?

You will LOVE Bad News Brown's shoot, Paul Roma is brilliant, Jesse Ventura's they are not bad shoot's what-so-ever. 

Ken Patera's first shoot with ROH is cracking. Gives you a decent idea of how the territories were like and how they were ran in the 70's and 80's. Love the stories about him and Flair boffing prossies then fucking them off before the wife found out. He even goes off on one when the interviewer brings up the Mcdonalds incident.

Edited by Flangedango

Jim Dotson was that massive Kangol wearing hat guys name I believe. Was a tiny article about him in one of the WWF magazines I used to buy religiously as a teenager. What a useless fact to remember!

http://droptoehold.com/post/39681525289/wwe-security-dotson

Is that said article? Id never heard of him beefore he kinda looks familier, he is/was a fucking tank tho!.. Is he still about?

On topic, havent watched a full shoot interview in years but might give that Ole Anderson one a watch, looks a riot. Any other funny ones?

Ken Patera's first shoot with ROH is cracking. He really gives gives you an idea of how the territories were like and how they were ran in the 70's and 80's. Love the stories about him and Flair getting up to all sorts and the little digs at McMahon. He even goes off on one when the interviewer brings up the Mcdonalds incident.

ROH shoots everyone they ever did the sound is AWFUL.