THREAD FOR QUESTIONS ABOUT THE UKFF FORUM ONLY!

neil

• Paid Members

Judging by the amount of lists and competitions going on, and the amount that are apparently pending, we're going to end with a queue thread like with Castle's Mafia games for all the different lists / competitions.

• Paid Members
Is it just me, or is Ian's sig broken and stretching the threads?

If you think Brutus has stretched this thread out, you should see what he's done to Carol and Denise. I think Butch once described it as "like opening the window and fucking the night".

Edited by The_BarbarIAN

I was just wondering with the brief mention of post counts earlier and this maybe a 'Why is the sky blue?' type question but why don't posts in off topic count towards your post count, I mean I know 99% of people don't give a rats buttocks about their post count but I just wondered if there was any reason other than they aren't posts about wrestling on a wrestling forum.

• Paid Members

If I remember somebody mentioning this correctly, I think it was disabled because old word association game threads were leading to shite posters clocking up thousands of posts and basically +1ing all over the place.

If I remember somebody mentioning this correctly, I think it was disabled because old word association game threads were leading to shite posters clocking up thousands of posts and basically +1ing all over the place.
Ah that makes perfect sense, I remember the 1PW forum having similar threads clogged up with shit posters who pretty much never made a post of worth anywhere else ever.

• Moderators

It never ever counted in fact. There was a big reluctance to even have an off topic forum. There used to be a few off topic threads that would pop up in the main forum, these would either find success (with numerous people moaning about them) or would be closed. When off topic was opened it did not count towards post counts at all, back then there was a lot more emphasis on post counts in general, and I guess that was one of the stipulations.

• Paid Members

It never ever counted in fact. There was a big reluctance to even have an off topic forum. There used to be a few off topic threads that would pop up in the main forum, these would either find success (with numerous people moaning about them) or would be closed. When off topic was opened it did not count towards post counts at all, back then there was a lot more emphasis on post counts in general, and I guess that was one of the stipulations.

When did off topic go live, then? I'm surprised to hear there wasn't one from the start.