THREAD FOR QUESTIONS ABOUT THE UKFF FORUM ONLY!

neil

What's the easiest way to post pictures that allready exist on the internet? I think I'm doing it all the sucker way.

What do you mean, not just putting the image url in "" tags?

I usually go to the length of saving the pictures to my computer, then uploading them to a photo hosting site to get the ready made img tags. This is surely un necessary over-kill?

Edited by Richie Freebird

• Moderators
I only report the ones... that belong to posters I don't like.

That's my golden rule as well. It's pretty childish, but so am I.

Edited by PowerButchi

• Paid Members
What's the easiest way to post pictures that allready exist on the internet? I think I'm doing it all the sucker way.

What do you mean, not just putting the image url in "" tags?

I usually go to the length of saving the pictures to my computer, then uploading them to a photo hosting site to get the ready made img tags. This is surely un necessary over-kill?

Yeah, that's massive overkill. The only time I really do that is for sigs and avatars, and when I can't drill down dynamic image links to a image type suffix - if it don't take too long, though, at least a Richie link is forever.

• Paid Members
So how do you get the code to post within the img tags the easy way then? Please forgive my computer illiteracy.

Right click on the image, and select "Copy Image Location" (probably browser specific, this is info for Firefox). Paste it between the image takes, and make sure that it ends in an image suffix (.jpg, .gif, maybe .png, probably nothing else). If it doesn't, you might be able to shorten it down to end in an image suffix - if not, that's when I normally save to desktop, and imagesocket it.

• Paid Members
Is it new for the Forum to only be able to see one post on a subject. All the rest are in links at the bottom of the page.

Click on Options at the top right corner of the thread and select Standard Display mode. That should sort it.

Pretty much everything breaks the sig rules, so I only report the ones I don't like, or that belong to posters I don't like.

I don't care about larger sigs, particularly, this isn't 1998. However, I do object to full shit sigs. At the moment diamond_dust has the most pathetic sig on the forum, although I guess it suits his pathetic character.

• Paid Members

If you look at other forums, you end up being thankful about the sigs and avatars on this forum. I've seen many instances where posters on other forums have obscenely long sigs that resemble a late 90s Geocities website, and just as annoying they have huge avatars (on DVDR the avatars are pretty big too). 5 posts on other forums could equate to the length of 1 page on here in scroll terms.

• Paid Members

The sig rules aren't just about file size, Punk is right, some forums have hideous sigs all over the place. Also, despite everyone having broad band these days, people still have data limits on their internet or their phone so that's another good reason to keep the "old" rules.